No announcement yet.

Vintage Group C Challenge 2010 Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did this fragment of a thread get posted here? It's out of context.

Comment

Sorry Rob, I should have sent you a PM - unable to use a redirect when I move Posts in this manner, from one Thread to a new one.

It's just that it had no context in the Slot.it Shootout 2010 Show & Tell Thread, either!

Let me know if you think I should move it over here, and it will be done right away - as it says there "WARNING!!! THESE RULES ARE STILL IN DEVELOPMENT!!! ITEMS IN RED ARE STILL SOMEWHAT OPEN FOR DISCUSSION."

So perhaps your Sauber still has a place to run.

Comment

Let's move this thread fragment again, I think it may find a context eventually.

Comment

Here you go, hopefully this will help.

Advise if you think it need it's own place in the forums ... but then I guess you would have started a new Thread, were that the case.

Comment

Ahh, it's nice and quiet here. So peaceful.

Comment

So can we enter a March 83G or only slot-it's here ?

Comment

This series was intended as a continuation of the old Slot.It Shoot-Out rules where you could trim and sand the motor pods, but it might be a good idea to make it more open and allow other makers' parts and cars to be raced. An open Group C race would be good. The March raced in the similar IMSA GTP class, so it would be logical to include it. But, I'm not the race organizer here, just a possible entrant.

Comment

Robert

The march got to Le Mans too in Kreepy Krauly Racing Colours 1984. I have a memory of March chassis being Chevy and Porsche powered at Le Mans. Distant memory.

Comment

My own motivation initially was to more or less leave last years rules as they stood with only some minor tweeks to preserve what I feel is the real Spirit of the Slot-it Challenge. However, many have approached me with the idea of a More "open" series modeled more along the lines of the RAA LMP class. I have thought on this and have these thoughts:

Allow resin and other Group C bodies, such as the March and older Scaleys using OEM or HRS/HRS2 chassis
                    Allow wheels from any manufacturer provided they are scale 15" or larger and use PERIOD style (BBS or similar) inserts. This includes Slotting Plus, SCC, and other wheels that already have detail.
                    If using the OE plastic chassis from Scaley or the March allow any bushings/axles and minor modifications needed to fit motor and gears.

I could see evolving into something liek this and running it alongside the Touring car class similar to how the RAA etc. runs.

Thoughts? Interest?

Comment

Well, I'm more of a builder-tuner, not really an RTR-tuner, so I would be interested in an open Group C with rules similar to the RAA LMP (and similar to the actual Group C); that is, practically no restrictions at all, beyond body type, and the usual inserts/tires inside body/driver/injection or resin bodies only, etc. I would hope we could allow scratch built chassis, of any material.

Comment

This is a start of a List of Group C sports cars
                        A
                        Aston Martin AMR1
                        B
                        BRM P351
                        Brun C91
                        J
                        Jaguar XJR-11
                        Jaguar XJR-12
                        Jaguar XJR-14
                        Jaguar XJR-9
                        Jaguar XJR Sportscars
                        K
                        Konrad KM-011
                        Kremer CK5
                        L
                        Lamborghini QVX
                        Lancia LC2
                        Lola T92/10
                        M
                        March 82G
                        March 85G
                        March 88S
                        Mazda 717C
                        Mazda 727C
                        Mazda 737C
                        Mazda 757
                        Mazda 767
                        Mazda 787B
                        Mazda MXR-01
                        Mercedes-Benz C11
                        Mercedes-Benz C291
                        Mercedes-Benz C292
                        N
                        Nimrod NRA/C2
                        Nissan P35
                        Nissan R89C
                        Nissan R90C
                        P
                        Peugeot 905
                        Porsche 956
                        Porsche 962
                        S
                        Sauber C7
                        Sauber C8
                        Sauber C9
                        Sauber SHS C6
                        T
                        Toyota 88C
                        Toyota TS010
                        Last edited by Austin; 02-08-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Yes but there are not many of those that have been modeled in 1/32 unfortunately.

I really need some input from competitors and potential competitors in a hurry if we are going to get these rules finalized.

Comment

Heck, no one can build a Group C car faster than a Slot.It, so just let it be open to the occasional non-Slot.It entry if anyone dares, such as a March on a TSRF chassis, or Plafit, or a homebuilt brass job.

RAA LMP rules are complete, and could be readily adapted to Group C.

Comment

I just found the list so posted it

I would like to see RAA GT1 or LMP rules used for this class

Comment

It would be my gold to put the slot-it sauber mercedes c9 chassis under the march body

Comment

Working...
                                X