Michigan 24 hour race.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 24 hour race.

I would like to hold an 24 hour endurance race. I am hoping to break the new record that just set by the Czech Republic. I am looking for any input from guys that have an interest in the race. I would like to run the rules as close as they did in the Czech race. I am still trying to translate the rules from the race so if anyone has an English version please let me know. I am also talking to one of the teams that were at the Chicago race trying to find out what was good about the race and also what they would like to see changed.
    I am open on the kind of cars that we can run, I am looking at Racer Sideways DP or we could do a LMP, GT race. I think they were able to run any car they wanted in the Czech race but I am still not sure about that. I have also added a discussion topic on our new face book page.
    I am posting the rules and dates to the race now if you any questions please ask, try to post them so that everyone can read reply if one person has a question odds are that someone else will have the same question.
    Dates : April 2ND - 3RD Race starts at 12 noon. I will open the track at 10:00am that morning.
    The track will also be open the Friday before the race at 12:00. If you would like more time please let me know and I will try to work with you.
    Location 7746 Clyde Road
    Fenton MI 48430
    Phone : 248-931-3930
    Entry fee $40.00 per team member all teams must have at least four drivers.

Food and Drink we will have food and drinks through out the race.
    Michigan 24 Hour race rules PDF.PDF
    Last edited by mikeinclover; 03-05-2011, 03:44 PM. Reason: Added the date and time to first post.

Hello Mike! I think this a great idea and I'd like to participate in this race. I'll let the guys in my club know that you're considering doing this and we'll see if we can get a team pulled together.

I see from the page of coverage of the new Czech record that they raced under the lights for at least some of the race. I've contacted the club to see if we can get some more details about their record attempt and to see if we can get them to send their rules (in english) to us.
    Pix from their race:
    http://srcbrno.slotracing.cz/gallery...&galerie_id=19
    DK

Comment

Great to see people trying to organize racing.

I 100% support an attempt on the 24 Hour Record.

Only thing I ask is if you want to promote it here then please discuss it here not link to another Web Site or page.

Promoting the Event here will give you exposure to over 120,000 visitors a month, I do not think you will get that from a new page.

So promote it here and expose the Event to all SCI Readers. No links to another Web Site we survive and grow on content.

Thanks and good luck with the Event

Scaleauto via www.scaleracing.com would be interested in being involved with an Event hosted here, and I know so would Slot.it.

I would like to see this race run as a proper 24 Hour Event a miniature of the real 24 Hour Races where there is darkness and also the clock runs for 24 Hours, all work on cars being done only under green. However to attempt to challenge an existing record it would need to be run the same format as their race.

If we can find out what the rules were class and car type wise I could see getting several of the Manufacturers involved. I know I can get Avant Slot, Scaleauto and Slot.it to support this Event. Also a Car could be run using JP Slot motors, I know they would be interested in supporting that. A Racer class ( Sideways ) could also make sense, this way a group of Manufacturers could be involved and this would help them sales wise in North America.

Dave would Carrera USA be interested if there was a class for a modified Carrera car, I say modified as right now I do not think this is a Market Carrera has focused on the performance Slot Car end of Scaleracing.

Could be a lot of fun, and a worthy Event to promote Slot Car Racing in North America. How about holding it around the Daytona 24 Hour? I know a great track in Daytona that would be interested. Maybe I can get Speed Channel to cover it as well, all it would take is a few phone calls.
      Last edited by Scaleracing; 08-16-2010, 12:49 PM.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
        Dave would Carrera USA be interested if there was a class for a modified Carrera car, I say modified as right now I do not think this is a Market Carrera has focused on the performance Slot Car end of Scaleracing.
        I am interested in participating as I've said. I don't know what car yet I'd enter... especially since the rules have yet to be finalized.

The idea of holding the race in February is because it's a better time of year to get racers because it's not around the holidays.

I know a great track in Daytona that would be interested. Maybe I can get Speed Channel to cover it as well, all it would take is a few phone calls.
        I'm sure that a race in Daytona would be interesting, but that's not the topic being discussed here. Mike's talking about a race in Michigan... not Florida. You're welcome to organize one and I'm sure you'd get a few racers... probably even me.

Now back on topic... Mike's proposed race...

Comment

I am interested in participating.
          look forward to a rules set.
          I "think" I can talk a couple more into joining me.

Comment

Mike, one of the guys from the Czech Republic (who held the record before the Slingshot guys took it) contacted us on the forum to congratulate us, and invite us to race with them in the Czech Republic. I'm sure he'd be happy to help you translate the rules, and you can PM him here (just look at the Chicago 24 thread, and you'll find him). These guys seem genuinely interested in a friendly rivalry, and the best way to do that is to make sure everybody is using the same rulebook.

Have any pictures of the track you'd be using?

Good luck, it certainly has the potential to be a great event!

Comment

You can count on a team from Slot Car Corner.

Comment

Track details? Perhaps posted here?

Comment

I'm sure team Sling Shot will make the trip.
                  Anxious to see the rules.

SS

Comment

Where in Michigan?

I am very interested in this race Mike, but where in Michigan would it be held.

What type of track?

As Kurt said
                    These guys seem genuinely interested in a friendly rivalry, and the best way to do that is to make sure everybody is using the same rulebook.
                    I know Team's from Europe that may be interested in attending an Event of this type, but Michigan in Feb will not encouraged some to travel. It might be an idea to hold the Event when people who attend could also enjoy other things Michigan offer, especially if they travel with family to attend.

Just some thoughts.

Regarding Daytona not trying to hijack the Michigan location, just thinking that we need to hold Events where people will attend in numbers.

Is Michigan cold in Feb?
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.slotcarillustrated.com
                    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

We are looking at two different tracks one is at my house is a 125' wood routed track with 5 lanes, look at link. If we get more interest I will run it at the shop and that is a 155' hill climb I would prefer to run it at my track that way we won't have to deal with the public getting in the way and I have more pit space. My track is located in Fenton Michigan it is about two hours from the Ohio border. the other track is in Lincoln Park MI about 20 Minutes from Detroit.
                      Regards
                      Mike
                      http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=36863&id=115846208467423&saved#!/album.php?aid=36863&id=115846208467423
                      http://s2.webstarts.com/downriverspeedway/
                      Last edited by mikeinclover; 09-11-2010, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                        Is Michigan cold in Feb?

Does a bear... well you know...

Comment

That 5 laner looks like a real blast!

I'd prefer we have the race on that rather than the King track, but that's me...

But, as fun as it looks, I don't foresee the 24 hour record being broken on that one as I think it's just a bit too technical. What's a good laptime with a 1/32 car?

Comment

I'll bring the Red Bull.

Comment

I have been able to get about 8 seconds flat with a 1/32 car I have never really tried to set up a car just for speed on that track I know we should be able to get better than that. If I did my math right I do think we should beat the record by about 10 miles. You know what they say if it was easy everyone would do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X