This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ND annual Michigan 24 Hour race

We will be holding the Michigan 24 Hour race again this year.
    I would like to hold an 24 hour endurance race. I am hoping to break the new record that just set by the Czech Republic. I am posting the rules and dates to the race now if you any questions please ask, try to post them so that everyone can read reply if one person has a question odds are that someone else will have the same question. We have 3 spots open as of right now. This is a first come basis.
    Dates : March 31ST and April 1ST Race starts at 12 noon. I will open the track at 8:00am that morning.
    The track will also be open the Friday before the race at 12:00. If you would like more time please let me know and I will try to work with you.

Cars: LMP, Modern GT, Daytona Prototype.
    Location 7746 Clyde Road
    Fenton MI 48430
    Phone : 248-931-3930
    Entry fee $40.00 per team member all teams must have at least four drivers.

Food and Drink we will have food and drinks through out the race.

This event was a blast last year. The guys in michigan know how to have fun, and definately put on a good feed.

Anybody thinking about attending better make up your mind quickly....

Comment

how bout specs & pics of the track

Comment

Red lane 122' 4"
        White lane 124' 4"
        Blue lane 126
        Yellow lane 128
        Black Lane 130

Power by car batteries... ~12.5v...

Silicones are the preferred tire at the track...

Comment

Thanks Steve I thought people would just look at last years post and see the track.

Comment

yeah, I figured I'd just make it a bit easier for them... And it's such a pretty track, can't post enough pics of it...

Comment

And it's such a pretty track,
              If only it were yellow and black....

Comment

Great to see you guys are doing this again!

Comment

We now have 5 teams who have said that they would like to be in the race this year. I have only have two confirmed as I will only confirm a team when I have received the team deposit. The main reason I do this is that I only have 5 lanes and I can not hold a lane open for a team that might make it out to the race, then another team can not enter. If you want your space held you had better get in touch with me as it is first come first served I can not hold a space because you told someone you wanted to do the race.
                  Mike

Comment

We have 5 teams now?
                    Great! There will be 4 teams fighting for 2nd place then....

Comment

5 teams, that's great. This was such a fun event last year. Everyone was nice and it is a great track to race on. I am looking forward to racing this event again and hopefully seeing everyone who was there last year. As with any event of this type, it was a perfect learning experience and I came away with more tuning ideas.

We are busy building and testing already for this race. I am confident the record will fall again. I just hope there will be an award for the team that has the most bling.

Comment

Mike I really do not see anyone taking away your title for the most bling.

Comment

Originally posted by usa1973 View Post
                          Mike I really do not see anyone taking away your title for the most bling.
                          That's Steve's title. While we were busy prepping the car, Steve was busy finding bling. Rumor has it he's got a few surprises up his sleeve for this year but I will not take a picture in my black and yellow underwear.

Comment

but I will not take a picture in my black and yellow underwear.
                            Well, I guess you'll be naked in the team photo then...

Comment

No,,,,,, I just won't be wearing underwear.

Comment

Working...
                              X