• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I uploaded the pictures from this year's Michigan 24 in my Flickr account:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgingra...7629726592011/

Christian

Comment

• Great job guys hope you take it next year.

Great job by all who entered, thanks for updating us on your efforts.

The one question I still have regarding the Record Holders:
      What was the spec of the cars run for the Record ( hopefully previous ) in particular tires.
      Does anyone know what tires they ran to set the record, also other track features, like power , surface etc.

Well done to all.

Wish I could have been there.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• Complete results are next. Of course, when you see that a lap count is down for the normal level, it means that a repair or change of tires was done on the car during this heat.

Night racing in the dark was from Heat 16 to Heat 20.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
          The one question I still have regarding the Record Holders:
          Does anyone know what tires they ran to set the record, also other track features, like power , surface etc.
          We don't have a lot of details about the record holders, apart from track pictures. The rails are a mystery to us: copper tape, copper braid, magnetic braid, other copper material?

Comment

• If you don't believe we were having fun, check out this picture that shows the new way to check if your tires are trued properly or not...

Comment

• Alan, here is all the info we could find about the Czech record run last year.
              http://srcbrno.slotracing.cz/gallery...&galerie_id=21

Not able to translate the language, it's tough to figure out the track surface is, what tires were used, or what the track rails are. And especially if they have magnetic attraction or not. It doesn't appear they do, but hard to know. On the other hand, their track appears to be mainly flat, while here in Michigan we do have banked corners. So it's a tough comparison between the 2 tracks being used.
              We do know they were not using "stock" chassis's under the bodies. Looks like most were using the HRS chassis under various manufacturers bodies. The winning car used a Scalextric Maserati for a body. We were required to run the stock chassis under whatever car we choose here. So again, this makes for tough comparisons.

Still...in the end, everyone who participated in this year's race had a lot of fun. And I'm sure the guys in the Czech Republic also have a lot of fun. And that's what this is about, right?

Comment

• Wow, czech out the great pictures!

Comment

• I do believe that they ran rubber tires in their race. We do not allow rubber tires on my track so that was not going to happen. I also do not knot if they ran a glued surface or not. We are going to try and get some of this worked out but I do not know what will come of it.
                  Mike

Comment

• Will there be a Michigan 24 Hour race this year?

Comment

• Yes... Obviously no new 24hr thread yet... Testing is underway. Fast laps are getting faster, and lap counts are up. Looks to be a promising 24hr for the US of A.

Comment

• Yes I have posted it in the Clover Leaf Racing folder.
                        Mike
                        http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=66730

Comment

Working...
                        X