This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 CanAm Rules

Attached is a copy of the Rules for the 2016 CanAm poxy. As you'll see, not a lot has changed from 2015, with the exception that this is a silicone tire year.

Also attached is a list of 2016 eligible cars, prior to receiving any requests for new cars to be added this year. Jim has updated the eligible cars table and has also posted an important new procedure to nominate and homologate new cars into this proxy.

Let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Allan
    Last edited by Zoom Beedo; 11-02-2015, 12:44 PM. Reason: Updated car list to include all 2016 eligible cars

Hi Alan
    Just had a read of the rules
    Only problem is tyres, I've never used
    Silicon tyres as we don't use them,
    My track has rubber down and I've heard
    That silicon tyres will destroy the rubber
    That's on my track so I will have to miss
    This proxy and wait for next year when it's just
    Rubber tyres

Rossko

Comment

OK Rossko. We'll look for you next year for the 2017 CanAm proxy.

Allan

Comment

Motor "?"

Allan,

The Slot-It MN14h Flat 6 RS comes in a package labeled "24k 24000 RPM [email protected] 12V". However, the sticker on the can is labeled "25,000 rpm". This would be for a GT entry, hence the question below.

The other web site, where Mr. Livingston posted motor test results, does not show any test results for this motor.

How would the be interpreted for the rules? I could test it to see; but do not want to open the package if they are not usable.

Mc

Comment

Hi Bill, The link below is off the Slot.It website. It says that the Flat-6RS motor is 25,000 rpm / 240 g-cm torque. As such, it would not qualify for the GT class in the 2016 CanAm poxy. It would, of course, be fine in the P-Class.

Perhaps there was something wrong with the packaging. I would stick with what's on the website and what's written on the motor. Sorry.

http://www.slot.it/immagini/schede_p...B/MN14h_EN.pdf

Allan
          Last edited by Audi1; 01-09-2016, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Audi1 View Post
            Hi Bill, The link below is off the Slot.It website. It says that the Flat-6RS motor is 25,000 rpm / 240 g-cm torque. As such, it would not qualify for the GT class in the 2016 CanAm poxy. It would, of course, be fine in the P-Class.

Perhaps there was something wrong with the packaging. I would stick with what's on the website and what's written on the motor. Sorry.

http://www.slot.it/immagini/schede_p...B/MN14h_EN.pdf

Allan
            Allan,

Thanks. Obviously, had not looked there. Thanks.

Mc

Comment

Is it alright to coat the front tires with nail polish or ca glue?

Comment

Hi Arrold, over-coating the front tires is OK.

Allan

Comment

Is it too late to enter a car,I can have one at bob meth'es by Thursday?

Comment

Hi Billy Boy,

No, it's never too late, but there have already been two races run in this proxy and there's no way of recouping the points that you might have accumulated in those races.

So, if you'd like to run in this proxy, then fine with me, but you'll be a bit behind the eight ball when it comes to total points in the series.

Be sure and read through the rules, to be sure that it complies, before you enter your car; thanks.

Allan

Comment

Working...
                    X