Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clover Leaf Results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Clover Leaf Results

    The track is an 80 foot routed 4 lane, semi-gloss painted surface with woven copper braid. Each class had 4 dedicated drivers using their perferred hand control. Each car ran 2.5 minutes per lane; 10 mintues total at 11.25 volts. Track calls were implemented when 3 or more cars deslotted at the sametime or when a car deslotted in front of the driver's station. Scoring was kept using Trackmate timing software. 4 or more marshalls were available at all times.

    Most cars generated some comments; those that didn't generate comments could be considered 'middle of the road'. Individual standings should be considered when reading comments. A car that finished mid-pack with the comment 'slow' would indicate that is was competitive but not fast enough to place higher; those cars that finished at the bottom were also slow but had other issues preventing them from finishing higher in the standings.

    I would like to thank all those that helped with this event including Mike S, Paul B, James S, Ron K, Cal C., Dave Z, Rob H, Paul C, and Adam M. (If I forgot someone I apologize).









  • #2
    Congrats to all of the podium finishers
    Special shout out to Mike and all that made the event possible
    Aloha
    Dale

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the run Gents!

      Thanks for the update Dave! (GT car is supposed to have tire on backwards...)

      Congrats to the podiumites!

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks to all who made this happen.
        Congratulations to the podium finishers.
        Um Tires rubbing on the #9 in P. No one else has mentioned this. What's happening with that Shapeways chassis? Is it the front or rear tires?

        Cuda light in the rear. Um I'll have to check the weight on its return.

        Thanks for the comments.
        Arrold

        Comment


        • #5
          Gentlemen. Would you please double check these results? This can't be right. How does a car that finished next to last at the last event and way down the ladder put a whoppin on the field by 4 laps? Now I know there's something wrong with the timing system and everyone else missed laps or that power supply is surging up and down. I'll bet the winning car ran when the track had 13 volts while the rest only had 10 volts. Were the tires on the winning car microwaved before the event? I'm officially protesting these results!

          Comment


          • #6
            On the 411 P class. What is "way too much" side play? Anything more than about 0.01" is induced; because that is what it was when it left the shop. Certainly, not outside the realm of possibility (apparently) at the end of a season; but...

            Mc

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by arroldn View Post
              Thanks to all who made this happen.
              Congratulations to the podium finishers.
              Um Tires rubbing on the #9 in P. No one else has mentioned this. What's happening with that Shapeways chassis? Is it the front or rear tires?

              Cuda light in the rear. Um I'll have to check the weight on its return.

              Thanks for the comments.
              Arrold
              By 'light in the rear' the drivers found the car did not grip in the corners as well as other did.

              The #9 body is rubbing on the rear wheels - one solution would be to add a spacer between the body post and chassis or perhaps tighten the body so it doesn't 'rock' as much in the corners. If the rules allow we could tighten the body. I don't know if it's allowed to add a body spacer.
              Last edited by Wicked Mini; 08-05-2016, 04:21 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by redlynr View Post
                Thanks for the run Gents!

                Thanks for the update Dave! (GT car is supposed to have tire on backwards...)

                Congrats to the podiumites!

                You're welcomed. Good to hear the tire is supposed to be on backwards!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Smokeio View Post
                  Gentlemen. Would you please double check these results? This can't be right. How does a car that finished next to last at the last event and way down the ladder put a whoppin on the field by 4 laps? Now I know there's something wrong with the timing system and everyone else missed laps or that power supply is surging up and down. I'll bet the winning car ran when the track had 13 volts while the rest only had 10 volts. Were the tires on the winning car microwaved before the event? I'm officially protesting these results!
                  I believe the results can be contributed to the driver. Just sayin' . . .

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by McLiams View Post
                    On the 411 P class. What is "way too much" side play? Anything more than about 0.01" is induced; because that is what it was when it left the shop. Certainly, not outside the realm of possibility (apparently) at the end of a season; but...

                    Mc
                    The side-to-side play on the rear axle is pronounced. Maybe it loosened up through the racing series. If the rules allow we can make an adjutment to the rear axle assembly.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wicked Mini View Post

                      The #9 body is rubbing on the rear wheels - one solution would be to add a spacer between the body post and chassis or perhaps tighten the body so it doesn't 'rock' as much in the corners. If the rules allow we could tighten the body. I don't know if it's allowed to add a body spacer.
                      The rules allow you to both tighten the body and to add a spacer to correct the performance of the car between races.

                      Allan

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Wicked Mini View Post
                        The side-to-side play on the rear axle is pronounced. Maybe it loosened up through the racing series. If the rules allow we can make an adjutment to the rear axle assembly.
                        The rules also allow you to make an adjustment to the rear axle assembly to correct the performance of the car.

                        Allan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I see my cars kept the 4 marshalls busy at all times.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm concerned that there may be something major wrong with the #19 Opel GT. To go from pretty consistent top finishes in the first 7 races to pretty consistent 5th place finishes in the last two races is a big drop-off in performance. If it's major, then it needs to be fixed. I've sent Mike a message about this.

                            Allan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Allan,
                              Thank you on the clarification on if a spacer can be added to mitigate tire rubbing.


                              Wicked Mini
                              I think we should acknowledge the team for their observations on the cars handling characteristics. So thank you for that input.
                              If it is not to much of a task I would appreciate the attention on 6T


                              Smokeio,
                              Your car is very good and it is apparent your car likes the Michigan weather and track. Congrats


                              Aloha
                              Dale

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X