X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kidvoltage
    started a topic Carrera Scramble - Year 2 - Round 9 - Autumn Hills

Carrera Scramble - Year 2 - Round 9 - Autumn Hills

The cars have arrived back in Oregon and that means we have come to the end of the road. With but a single event remaining on our schedule and with a total of 9 races being scored each driver will receive one throw-out. As it stands today, there appears to be some very close races for the top spots.

Rico can jump in here and take over but just let me offer the best of luck to all.

Welcome back to Oregon.

• Mitch58
    replied
    In Class B there were a couple that were inline, but that was about it.

Of course class A were all inline, because, well that's the way they were made.

The biggest thing they had in common? They were all fun.

Leave a comment:

• Lancelotalove
    replied
    Anglewinder and sidewinders? I know all class A were inline, and my class B was inline also.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch58
    replied
    The class was just about evenly split between anglewinder and sidewinder. In my case when I originally got my printed chassis I set it up as an anglewinder but I missed the deadline for the first proxy. At some point using it in our GT class I switched it to a sidewinder and I found it to be smoother with better lap times.

In this proxy I used a 21.5 motor thinking it would be more drivable to the variety of drivers. It turned out to be a mid pack car with one podium finish, which is better and a lot of proxy cars I've sent out. Every proxy is a learning experience.

As for how these cars compared to each other (Angle VS Sidewinder) I don't know, since I had a car entered I limited myself to Marshalling. As with most proxies Some cars appeared to run very well, while others were a bit of a challenge.
    Last edited by Mitch58; 06-03-2017, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aloha
    replied
    Thanks Aarold...
    Just curious on the Big Boy class that Aarold refers to it as, what chassis configuration did everyone run?
    Maybe Monte could take a picture with the chassis showing. I ran an angle winder set up and spent most of the time working on the tires (PGT).
    Maybe next year we can support Monte by running his tires in one or both classes
    Anyways it was fun
    Aloha Dale

Leave a comment:

• arroldn
    replied
    Rico,
    Thanks to your team for getting the final round completed. Hey a 3rd place for my slow class A Audi.
    Thanks again. Hats off to all who entered cars and our series champions. I hope to have a better car if this series continues. May move up a class. May enter both.

I see there was an error in the results in this thread. My Audi was 4th. Way to go Dale.
    Congratulations to CJ,Dale, and Lance

See you did good Dale in the Big Boy Class. Hats off to JScott and Allan as well.

Arrold
    Last edited by arroldn; 06-02-2017, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kidvoltage
    replied
    Dale you are correct, my spreadsheet error, correction coming.

Leave a comment:

• cj74
    replied
    Thamks for the run and final results. Very close racing in both classes made this a fun proxy to be in. Hoping for year 3!

Leave a comment:

• aloha
    replied
    Monte
    First thank you for the last run of the series. Was interesting to see how it rolled out. Congrats to Audi1 and CJ74 in class wins.
    I learned that a fast car definitely does not make a winning race car, e.g.my Class A car it is all about tires and handling.
    I looked at the championship standindings and don't understand how the final tabulations were made.
    Thank you again it is an interesting series and would love to see more enter the Class A as Carrera really does make a fine product.
    Aloha
    Dale

Leave a comment:

• kidvoltage
    replied
    Addition has corrected the Class A results.

Final results and standings have been posted.

Lance, perhaps we will update the site next year if there is a third year. The one of me this year didn't have the extra time.

Leave a comment:

• Lancelotalove
    replied
    Thanks for the run. Congrats to the race winners.
    Thanks to the organizers, hosts and participants.
    Im already thinking what to do for next years Carrera Scramble).
    Any insite or driver impressions are welcome.
    Maybe the http://www.carrerascramble.com/ can be updated next year.
    Lance

Leave a comment:

• reek455
    replied
    Autumn Hills Results

We raced this evening as planned and we had great fun running the cars on the tight and twisty Autumn Hills layout. I would like to thank my helpers Al, Mitch, Dan, Stan, Chris, Monte, Jeff and Amy.
    The results are pretty close as they always are at my track. And the results are:

We managed to take some random pictures when we remembered or weren't too busy. In no particular order:

Guy from museum, Jeff, Doc, Stan

A little bit of Al, Guy from museum, Jeff, Doc, Stan

Doc, Stan, Mitch, Me, Al and Monte

Last edited by reek455; 06-03-2017, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lancelotalove
    replied
    Any video or link to watch the race?
    lance

Leave a comment:

• Mitch58
    replied
    Just like every proxy I've entered, about half way through I think, if I could set it up today, it would be a much better car.

Leave a comment:

• kidvoltage
    replied
    And now it comes down to this.

It will be an interesting and fun night. Hope to get a little driving in myself. Probably the Class A cars.

As the series winds down to the final event there are some close races. And with one throwout allowed the question is who will increase their total by bettering a lower scored event. With a few last place finishes I hope to up my total just a bit but you never know.

Tonight the story will be complete.

Best of luck to us all.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X