No announcement yet.

Carrera Scramble - Year 3 - The Time Has Come

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of allowing it for Class B but not Class A.

Curiously, which ones did you have in mind that PG are not suitable? One thing I am really against is the secret tire stuff. We just end up with tire wars, not so much racing.

Comment

Standard requirements and allowed modifications for both classes:
      • Rear Tires Any Urethane tire designed for Carrera DTM car

Not sure what tires you are planning to run Allan. But I would think any urethane tire that anyone could purchase would meet this requirement. I have run Yellow Dogs in the past.
      Last edited by arroldn; 11-17-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Just ran through some older threads and see that Paul Gauge was the brand of tire selected. I must have looked at the original rules thread where it said any urethane tire. Not sure. Some of these threads were as old as 2014-2015. So Allan I guess we will have to get the final word from the moderator. I just ordered last week some Yellow Dogs for DTM hope they will be allowed.

Comment

I was thinking Yellow Dogs; they just hook up better on my track than either the PGT or XPG compounds. No secret stuff...!

Allan

Comment

Audi 1 - Yeah there is some secret stuff, 23 1/2 years of experience. That is a very wise choice on your part. Super Tires appreciates your business. In fact, you are “The Best Slot Car Proxy Programmer in North America.” Not bad for a retired science teacher.

Comment

Monte

I will be willing to host around here in 50th state
              Also will enter car in modified class
              Thank you
              Aloha
              Dale

Comment

Dale, that's outstanding news!

Comment

Random question... Are stock screws required in both classes?

Comment

I'm not going to legislate screws.

Comment

Originally posted by kidvoltage View Post
                      I'm not going to legislate screws.
                      Thanks for clarifying!

Comment

One final reminder, cars are to be at the start by February 15th. The day after Valentines day.

The address and payment info should be listed in the first post.

Comment

We're about 25% done with the floor. If I can get the power/timing figured out we can run a round here.

Comment

Sorry guys, not going to make this time around. Life is getting in the way. I'll be watching to see how the season goes

Buster

Comment

Wrlw

Put me down for 1 each class stock & mod

Comment

Hey Monte, I got a PM from a member, wondering about this and that. In your first post here, the entry fee is:
                                Cars should be to the start no later than February 15th. Cost is $25 for one car, $35 for two.
                                I can't link to them per the rules, but over on HRW today, it says:
                                Entry fee is $30 for one car/ $40 for two.
                                And separately, I noticed this comment there and I wish you would reply to it (I can't, as my HRW membership got cancelled).
                                Re: Carrera Scramble Proxy
                                Postby williamg Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 am

I was a member there. I tried to re register to check it out. Three times I sent e-mails. No answer, no in, no nothing. Must be exclusive or full of snobs now. :angry-tappingfoot:
                                Could you please let williamg know that he's not to be found in our Member's list, hasn't been Banned, isn't in held up in any application procedure; though recent site issues have probably made it difficult for him - or anyone else, recently - to sign up for SCI Membership. I'm sure if he sent Alan an email at [email protected] a message, it would be followed up. As you know, the site has been tremendously set back recently and you've been working on this. But it is getting fixed, bit by bit.

With 10 days to go, and few entries received so far, I'm optimistic that SCI will be running properly again and able to support the forums discussions for this series.

Comment

Working...
                                X