Carrera Scramble - Year 2 - Round 7 - The Woody Monster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I think you are correct.

I looked at my older DTM a couple of days ago and the older guide setup makes the front end higher than the newer versions. But not my much. The newer DTM's can easily lower the front end by truing down the front tires until the guide is flat on the track. The older cars are also more narrow.

How this relates to car handling, I think your car is more tippy than the others, and the random desloting (no warning) seemed to occur mostly on the tightest turns. If rules allowed, a deeper guide would help. A guide with less slop might help as well. Getting the center of mass lower in the car would help as well. How to do this is 100 dollar question...

The rest of the car seems to run well. Acceleration and braking are smooth, on the long sweeping curves the car is very predictable. Rear tires seem to give as much grip as any the other cars.

Comment

I say let the car run. If the group decides a penalty needs to be assessed, maybe a number of laps or a percentage of laps the car runs or some points for each race?
      Just having fun is what it is about
      Lance

Comment

Thanks,
        Its the little things that separate the Podimites from the also rans.

Arrold

Comment

I'm pretty sure our favorite pusherman has the capability to get some urethane wheels and tires to the host of the next race and he should be allowed to continue in the series. I will let the powers in charge decide if previous results should be allowed to stand. Speaking of results, I just realized my less than stellar car finished on the podium. THANKS guys for the surprising result.

Comment

Thanks for the review on the cars. I hope In the future we can have video to watch the cars run, even if it is not live. My B car is running very close to last and i would like to see what i need to do for next time. Reviews are a great help even if the tracks have different characteristics.
            Thanks to hosts, drivers and participants.
            Lance

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X