Carrera Scramble - Year 2 - Round 8 - Kozo Raceway Park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrera Scramble - Year 2 - Round 8 - Kozo Raceway Park

Hello all! Thanks for allowing us to play with, er... I mean race, your cars. The cars arrived late last week, and we will be holding the race this evening. It looks like we will only be able to host one round this year as the summer months are causing our racers to go outside.

I will try to post results, and if I can get the live feed setup I will post links to that as well.

• kidvoltage
    replied

Leave a comment:

• k0z0oo1
    replied
    I will have the cars sent out by the end of the week.

Leave a comment:

• kidvoltage
    replied
    At this point, yes.

I'll get things updated in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• aloha
    replied
    Monte
    Does that mean we will have 9 races for the year?
    Look forward to the scoring update as it has been a very interesting year.
    Dale

Leave a comment:

• AJK
    replied
    Thanks for this round
    Tony

Leave a comment:

• aloha
    replied
    Scott nice track and I really like your blog very informative
    Aloha
    Dale

Leave a comment:

• kidvoltage
    replied
    The cars head back here at this point. One more round scheduled and it's local.

This explains a lot. I always suspected my car of having hearing issues. This only confirms it.

Many thanks for hosting this round.

Leave a comment:

• k0z0oo1
    replied
    Here's the track directory post. It also links to my track blog which also links to our club blog.

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...ad.php?t=75580

The track surface is a satin latex paint applied with a foam roller. We normally run silicone, but occasionally do run rubber and urethane. We don't see any issues switching between compounds, however what I am noticing through the proxy races is that some setups are looking for a higher grip tacks surface than we have.

Monte,
    I brought your car back out to see what I may be able to diagnose as far as why it got the results here that it did. Overall, the hearing is just too low, causing the rear end to break loose both on acceleration and breaking... this caused me to back up the corner entry and use a lot of choke on the controller to keep the rear planted. Also, I did check and the tires are still there

Also, let me know where these cars go next.

Thanks again everyone for allowing us to host. Hopefully I'll get my butt in gear and have a car entered next year.

Leave a comment:

• Lancelotalove
    replied
    Im wondering if we could get a picture of the whole track? I like to see what other tracks look like for ideas.
    Lance

Leave a comment:

• aloha
    replied
    Ken,
    Thank you for the run last night. Interesting looking track. Congratulations to all the finishers. I bet my #7 must have been a handful to drive in the B Class.
    It has been an adventure for all of us through 8 rounds. Onto the next event
    Aloha
    Dale

Leave a comment:

• Lancelotalove
    replied
    Thanks for the run. Thanks for the pictures.
    My slow B car moved up in the field! whoo hoo!
    Lance

Leave a comment:

• kidvoltage
    replied
    Does my car still have tires?

Leave a comment:

• Mitch58
    replied
    Thanks guys, nice run.

Leave a comment:

• k0z0oo1
    replied
    Pictures and Results

Meself, Dean (harleydean), and Clem (wrlw) were the drivers for the evening in red, white, and blue lanes respectively. Bill (bwatkins) handled timing and scoring, as well as track calls because we had no marshals.

A nice park job by Clem at the end of a heat.

And the results

Leave a comment:

Working...
X