• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBriggsK9
    started a topic Race #9 Far-A-Way Hill NY

Race #9 Far-A-Way Hill NY

Well the car arived yesterday and I got a chance to get them downstairs
    this morning.. And they are a good looking group of cars..

The race will be held on my Far-A-Way Hills track... The track is a 4
    lane 60 foot 10 turn road course.. The power will be set a 10 volts,
    which is the normal power I run the non magnet cars at .

Qualifying will be one 3 min heat. This lets me get a feel for the car and set the controller up for each car.
    And speaking of qualifying here we go. First up

Car # 51 Born in the 50's

very quick little car, good grip, smooth running, good handling, Just doesn't like being pushed real hart.

Qualifying time.. 6.208

Car # 30 My car

Smooth, good handling, grip is decent but not as good as a number of other cars. very stable and can be pushed hard.
    But as many of the other hosts have said, It really needs more motor or a gear change.

Qualifying time.. 6.379

Car #26 Lou E.

The car had good straight line speed but low grip.
    The biggest problem is that the chassis is tweeked and the right front tire is way up off the track about a 1/16 And that really hurts the cars handling in the 5 left hand turns on my track..
    ( Lou I'll see if there is anything I can do to straighten the chassis)

Qualifying time 6.959

Car # 68 Big Jack

This car has a KILLER motor.. Almost too fast for my track.. Good grip, smooth running, good handling.. Just have to be on your toes when getting on the power coming out of the truns.

Qualifying time 6.209

Car # 9 Munter

Car is very smooth running, very good grip. good speed and handling..
    BUT... very little brakes, so it is harder to drive than all the other cars but still put in a very good time.

Qualifying time 6.265

Car #15 Mether

What can I say.. this one is the class of the field on my track.. Smooooooth running, great grip, even better handling. very easy to drive..

Qualifying time. 6.051

Car # 5 Rixvette

On my track the car has a number of problem, low grip, needs more motor, handling is poor
    The main reason for the handling problem is like Lou E. car... the chassis is tweeked real bad and the right front tire is up higher than Lou's car. So in the left hand corners the car tip really bad.
    So the car is very hard, you have to be so careful in the left handers you loose a lot of time..

Qualifying time 7.085

So here is the qualifying order..

1st) Mether 6.051
    2nd) Born in the 50's 6.208
    3rd)Big Jack 6.209
    4th) Munter 6.265
    5th) JBriggsK9 6.379
    6th) Lou E. 6.959
    7th) Rixvette 7.085
    Last edited by JBriggsK9; 06-06-2011, 05:17 AM.

• acmost
    replied
    Here's the Final Results for Round 9 - Far-Away-Hill NY, with points and how they were calculated if anybody... Congrat-age!

Leave a comment:

• JBriggsK9
    replied
    Okay will do...

Chris

Leave a comment:

• mether05
    replied
    Chris don't forget to use Flat Rate Box for shipping! Should be pre-addressed for Andy or a label should be in the box!
    Thanks again for hosting - great job! BobM <><

Leave a comment:

• JBriggsK9
    replied
    I will start getting the cars ready to ship out this week to Acmost.. Frank (Chichumbo) will not be able to run his leg of the series....

Chris

Leave a comment:

• JBriggsK9
    replied
    Munter

The car was a GOOD runner and I was surprised at how it finished myself.. The track conditions with the heat really hurt a number of cars.. I lost 2 tenths on my car and I just could not come anywhere near your qualifying time with your car.
    Al had a hard time adjusting to the lack of brakes on your car.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Lou E
    replied
    Thank you for another great round, looks like there was some seriously close racing which is always fun.

Leave a comment:

• munter
    replied
    OK....that number nine is looking good.....but not racing so well.

Thanks Chris for this round.
    I tried to build a quicker car than last year but it seems I have over cooked the thing.

Thank you to the wife for picking my car as concours winner...I guess red is her favourite colour?

regards to all and thanks again
    munter

Leave a comment:

• JBriggsK9
    replied
    50's

We had a ball.... as hot as it was,we had a great time.. Your car liked my track last year too.. And Big Jack's seemed to like it too even with that killer motor..

Bob.... my given name is John..... But I go by my middle name as there were 4 other John's in my neighborhood..

Al had a ball and really liked the way your car handled.... he got his best lap total with your car.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• borninthe50s
    replied
    Thanks Chris, Al, and Dave! Hope you had fun! 50s

Leave a comment:

• mether05
    replied
    Thanks for hosting Chris (who's John? ) Thanks for the good run under very "sticky" conditions. Congratulations to the other podium finishers, great race #51 & #68 well done!!

And good run with your car, missed it by that much!!

BobM <><
    Last edited by mether05; 06-08-2011, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Big Jack
    replied
    Thanks Chris for hosting and racing. I know its a bummer to be beat by 1", especially with all that "prize money" on the line Thanks for keeping the little cats happy, looks like mine really liked your track with that quick lap time. I still figure to "down motor" next year as that 40k NSR is a "little twitchy" I fear.

Big Jack

Leave a comment:

• JBriggsK9
    replied
    Today was the big race day.... Sunny, temp. 93 degrees, Humidity about the same... And it was hard on the lap times and the drivers...

I want to give a special thanks Dave and Al who drove 80 miles in from Buffalo to help me run the race.. Al was the second driver and Dave had the buttom for track calls..

This was only Al's second time on the track and with limited time to get use to the cars and the track he did a good job of driving...

We ran 2 lanes and each heat was 3 mins. long...

So here are the results..

First place went to #15 Mether with a total of 52.10 and his fastest lap of 6.273

2nd.) # 51 Born in the 50's 51.25 his fast lap of 6.287

3rd.) # 68 Big Jack 50.80 (by 1 inch) his fast lap and fastest lap of the race 6.184

4th) # 30 JBriggsK9 50.80 his fast lap 6.508

5th) #9 Munter 50.10 his fast lap 6.438

6th) # 26 Lou E. 46.70 his fast lap 6.878

7th) # 5 Rixvette 45.35 his fast lap 7.128

Great job on the cars guys... It was fun (hot but fun)

Chris

Leave a comment:

• JBriggsK9
    replied
    Okay first lets take care of the concours judging

Janice looked the cars over and here are the top 3 ( I agree with her picks too )

1st.) Munter
    2nd) Rixvette
    3rd.) Lou E.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• JBriggsK9
    replied
    That is a sweet looking body... I just didn't have the horse power to take him...
    When you getting into the game Phil?? hope to see a car from down under nest year...

Chris

Leave a comment:

Working...
X