Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualifying in Windsor.

The Royal Race

Actually it's qualifying on the Windsor .

OK after too long, I finally got a little time to announce the first part of this final round.

Qualifying on the Windsor:

#5...Rich Gondeck..6.980...............Car bounces around a bit, soft brakes.
    #26.Lou E............6.509................Tires seem very slick, better after cleaning.
    #30.J Briggs.........5.950................Fast car, but suffering from low grip, could go much faster.
    #51.Bornin50's.....5.8626...............Fast, again low grip, car feels( looks) tall felt like tipping over.
    #60.Big Jack........5.8431..............Fast, soft brakes, also chatters a little on acceleration.
    #9.Munter...........5.8212..............Fast , tires pop off in the corners, did I say fasssst.
    #15.Methe..........5.570................Fast, great handling car. Easy to drive quick.

So on Pole Methe by almost 3/10th of a second.

2nd through 5th are very tight, then the last two cars struggled here.

More as soon as possible, trying to get ready for Hotslots132 Race I am holding this weekend.

Fun running cars, now to the first race
    Last edited by Scaleracing; 08-17-2011, 09:01 AM.
    Alan Smith
    SCI Owner.
    www.scaleracing.com
    www.slotcarillustrated.com
    www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

#9.Munter...........5.8212..............Fast , tires pop off in the corners, did I say fasssst.
    yeah...last years IndyGrips that I should have glued on but...???

Comment

Body back in Tacoma.

May take my mind a little longer.
      Then on with this race.

I did try to get it done before traveling to host a Scaleracing Regional Event at Hotslots but just ran out of time.

This week this round will be finished. Then after the Races at my Store this weekend I will hold the NINCO Track round.

Where does the time go.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

RAW Video from the first heat at www.132slotcar.us

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrnfZSefNgg"]Cheetah 022 - YouTube[/ame]

Sound is a little quiet, car #15 first 2 minutes.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Next run car #30

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_nClduxeo"]Cheetah 023 - YouTube[/ame]

Will add more later today
          Alan Smith
          SCI Owner.
          www.scaleracing.com
          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Thanks Alan for the update & video's

Big Jack

Comment

I want to put this as gently as I can; and really I mean no offense, but maybe we should just give up on this round of the Cheetah proxy. I know what it's like to have too many commitments and I think everyone would understand. Either that or just do an abbreviated race without the video bells and whistles and just get the race over and done. I'm perfectly ok with anything you choose. Thanks -- 50s

Comment

I am happy with whatever....it has been a while.

How many rounds left are there for my car to surge to the top of the points table?

regards to all cheetahs

Comment

I don't see any urgency with getting the race finished. The proxy races are all continuing in the background while we do our other racing things. I think the problem is trying to stick to a schedule considering that it is the summer season, weather has been a serious problem in some areas and we all have commitments that supersede hobby activities. Perhaps tracks attached to working hobby shops should not be in the mix so they can conduct their business without having to stop and run proxies. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I apologize to all of you

Sadly I am always busy, and this last month I have had Events at Hotslots, Tacoma and last weekend Portland I had to do. This has pushed back getting this finished, which I planned on doing this weekend. However if by now you have given up on me I understand and I can cancel these 2 rounds which I believe are the final rounds of the series.

I am always busy running SCI and my Wholesale and Retail Slot Car Business as well as life which always throws things in the way.

Please let me know and I will mail the cars back after the weekend either with 2 more rounds under their wheels or not.

Gentlemen please let me know.

Thank you for your understanding, this has been a very difficult year in Business, so that has had to take my attention first sorry
                    Alan Smith
                    SCI Owner.
                    www.scaleracing.com
                    www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

If its not too much trouble, run them. If on the other hand if you're stretched too thin.....send the "kitty cats" home. That being said, I shall defer to your judgement on this. No hard feelings either way.

Thanks again for this Forum

Big Jack

Comment

As Elvis sang "It's now or never"

My 80 year old parents come into town from England early next week then it's my daughters' birthday, then mine , then an Event at LeMay's Car Museum ( on my Birthday ), then the 24 Hours of Tacoma, then off to Maryland for a race and after that off to Chicago for the 5th Annual National Finals.

So if you all want me to run them please confirm today.

I enjoy these cars ( well all proxy cars ) and love to see and run them, time allowing, but I seem to get little time lately.
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan, where are you headed in Maryland? Racewear?

Comment

Hi Rick

That is correct Oct 6th - 9th we are running races at Race Wear.

Scaleauto, BRM 1/24th scale and Slot.it Group C and Scaleracing Manufacturers Challenge.

I will have a few loaner cars for those that let me or Ricky know they are coming ( enter )

Will look up the thread for that and post later.

Now back to the grindstone!!
                            Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

It's up to you. I'd love to see the cars run on your tracks, but don't want to burden you. I'm in no particular hurry. I was more concerned about you. 50s

Comment

Working...
                              X