2011 Cheetah Invitational Proxy - Round 13 - Vernon L, CT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Cheetah Invitational Proxy - Round 13 - Vernon L, CT

Well guys, the Cheetah's are now back at Cornerstone in MA.

We are looking to add a round or two to wind this proxy up. We'll keep you updated.

Currently a race is scheduled to be run Thursday 10/13 at the Vernon L.

The plan (there's a plan???) is to finish the proxy up by October 22nd or 29th, depending on whether some other tracks become available (two VERY nice tracks BTW) - negotiations are on-going.

The Cheetah's will then be sent back to their owners with prizes and gifts.
    Last edited by mether05; 10-09-2011, 04:35 AM.

Thanks! Looking forward to it. 50s

Comment

Excellent

BTW: Really nice "drop ceiling" you have there You can still use your garage for a car. Can't show this to my wife I'd be in deep doo doo

Comment

Roooaaaarrrrrr!

Comment

Thanks! It works out good because it goes up all the way to the ceiling and leaves all the original space for the 2nd car. It's a very technical track; the longest lane is 44' and the shortest 40'.

I'm looking forward to getting the cars tonite and running them with a few friends.

Will post more info and photos late tonite!

BB

Comment

The results are in

QUALIFYING:

Overall Impressions: very cool cars. Some quite nice and some a bit rough. There was a wide spectrum of silicone tires from SuperTires, Indy Grips, Slot It's and maybe others. On my track, Cornerstone and Hazzard Raceway, we all run SuperTires and they seem to work the best. Many of the tires had very sharp edges and some were not glued to the rims. This seems to make a huge difference and qualifying times reflected this.

For Qualifying I ran 30 to 60 laps in the Blue lane. We ran everything on the computer and scoring was done using just the Car numbers. The only person who I knew whose car was whose, was Bob Methe since he brought the cars down.

Number 1 Qualifyer - Number 15 - Fast Lap 4.871:

This car drove smooth and consistent. Nice brass chassis.

Number 2 Qualifyer - Number 68 - Fast Lap 4.900:
            [IMG][/IMG]

When I first drove this car, I thought it was a beast with raw horsepower and hard to control. I found that by finessing the throttle, the car ran smoothly and it coasted very nicely around corners. I gave the 15 car a good run for the money in the race and came up 1 lap short at the end of the race. I enjoyed driving this car and it responded well on my track and suited my driving style. Beastly but with very good grip as long as the gas wasn't mashed to the floor.

Number 3 Qualifyer - Number 51 - Fast Lap 4.948:

[IMG][/IMG]

Fast motor, smooth runner and a lot of fun to drive. What's up with the driver - she didn't have a helmet!

Number 4 Qualifyer - Number 30 - Fast Lap 4.976:
            [IMG][/IMG]

I thought this was a really nice looking car - very nice job preparing it! It drove very smooth and super consistent. I had hoped to drive it during the race, but someone else grabbed it. Bummer.

Number 5 Qualifyer - Number 9 - Fast Lap 4.993:
            [IMG][/IMG]
            [IMG][/IMG]

This body was different than the other cars. A little skinnier and a bit longer nose. I liked the way it looked. It had a fast motor but seemed really loose in the rear. Nice subtle details in finishing the body as well.

Number 6 Qualifyer - Number 26 - Fast Lap 5.506:
            [IMG][/IMG]

I liked this paint job as well. A bit more to it and period decals. The car seemed top heavy and fairly tippy. It did have a fast motor but poor grip.

Number 7 Qualifyer - Number 5 - Fast Lap 5.631:
            [IMG][/IMG]
            Another good looking car but it was very hard to drive with very poor grip on my track.

I'll post the final results in another thread before I end up loosing all this that I've put in so far...
            BB

Comment

Final results

FINAL RACE RESULTS

P1 - Number 15 - Total Laps 119.7
              This car set Fastest Lap in the White Lane.

P2 - Number 68 - Total Laps 118.7
              This car set Fast Laps in the Red, Blue and Yellow Lanes. I think if there were longer "green light runs" I could have caught the #15 car...

P3 - Number 51 - Total Laps 115.0

P4 - Number 30 - Total Laps 114.0

P5 - Number 9 - Total Laps 104.5

P6 - Number 5 - Total Laps 103.7

P7 - Number 26 - Total Laps 100.9

Again it was fun to drive the cars and my thanks to Bob Methe for bringing them down to race. Hope you all enjoyed the report. I think Bob and Roy found that my little track was quite a bit more technical to drive than it appears at first sight, so the better handling cars definately had the upper hand. Congrats to all. I think a couple guys from my group may build a car for next year. We'll be on the lookout for some bodies.

All the best...

BB

(A few more photos of the event

QUALIFYING ORDER
              [IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]

FIRST HEAT LINEUP
              [IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]

FINAL RESULTS
              [IMG][/IMG]
              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Thanks DoubleB for the images and comments.
                It looks like #9 has lost some body parts.... rear window,headlight cover.
                I guess this is due to too much horsepower and not enough brakes....a lesson learned.

The pics also remind me how long ago this car was put in the post.

Comment

Thank you for running them and glad you guys had a good time, that's what it's all about. Awesome track BTW!

Comment

Great job Bob! Had fun running with you last night. The Cats have survived 14 rounds pretty well! Thanks so much for hosting, now, go get a body and build a car for next year!

That track of yours was giving me fits! And I thought we had gotten rid of the "#$!%" kinks that Dickie's portable had!!!

I am verifying the final standings and will hopefully have them posted shortly!!

Comment

Munter - I understand most of the bodies were Strombeckers. Who made your body? While I liked the longer lines, it did seem a bit skinnier than the others.
                      BB

Comment

Doubl-B Thank you for the run you gave my # 68. The car is responding in these last several races which is good news to me. The NSR 40k motor may still be a "little" too much but, I'll know when I get my "cat" back home for some additional testing.

Thanks Again for hosting

Big Jack

Comment

Munter - I understand most of the bodies were Strombeckers. Who made your body? While I liked the longer lines, it did seem a bit skinnier than the others.
                          BB
                          Hi BB...the body I used was a resin from Tassie Resin Products. (Tasmania) This is Phil kalbfell who is often involved in other proxys all over the globe.The body is molded from a Cox body.
                          Check his website (sorry I couldnt get a link to work) there is a variety of bodies including the CroSal Cheetah. They are a good price and Phil is a pleaure to deal with.

regards

Comment

Thanks for the extra races and the great photos! 50s

Comment

Almost forgot, RMS Resins also produces a very nice "cat body". The # 68 is one of his bodies.

Big Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X