2011 Cheetah Invitational Proxy - Some Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Cheetah Invitational Proxy - Some Thoughts

Most of the cars should be returned to their owners by today! I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this year's proxy, the cars were once again fun to drive and sweet to look at.

Thanks Lou for stepping up to organize this year's proxy, establish the guidelines and give input when we needed it!

Thank you to our sponsors, please remember to support them:
    • Fantasy World Hobbies - for the Monogram Lola
    • Slot Car Corner - for the hats and spacer assortment
    • Our "Concours" prize donator
    • JT for the Cheetah t-shirt
    Thank you Alan, at 132slotcar, for picking up the price of shipping the cars back to me in MA

I think that's it! Hope I didn't miss anyone!

I hope your cars come back safely and you enjoy your prizes and/or gifts.

BTW, those pre-addressed boxes, labeling and packaging was all Lou, he did a great job on those. Kept our cats warm and cozy in their cross-country travels.

Now to prepare for the 2012 Cheetah Invitational Proxy!!!!
    Last edited by mether05; 10-21-2011, 06:08 AM.

Special thanks to Bob & Lou for keeping this on track. Looking forward to even bigger & better things next year.

Jack ,

Comment

Special thanks to Bob & Lou
      I would like to add my thanks to these guys as well...... so.......thanks

Comment

Honestly guys, it's Bob who deserves all the credit and I thank him for continuing to stay involved and making this thing fun and successful.

YOU THE MAN!!

Comment

Thanks to BOTH of you for all your efforts. This proxy is my favorite. I have already started building the chassis for my next entry. I will be watching the rules for updates.

Comment

Got my car back yesterday. Thanks! Great fun! 50s

Comment

Bob

Got my car back the other day. along with the Lola.. what a sweet little car..

So what are the plans for next years race? are things going to stay more or less the same and we only need to change out the silicone tires for rubber tires?

Chris

Comment

rubber tires?
                Gee that sounds interesting as I have a nice Cro Sal version with Rubber tyres,might have to dust it off and send it along to stir you up Chris!!

Comment

I there going to be a 2012 event,if so what is the starting date as this year is almost gone!

Comment

I sure hope there is a race for next year.. I am already in the search for some decent rubber tires..

Phil...... bring it on

And I too want to thank all the sponsors for their support.. buy the way my 6 year old grandson has clamed the Slot Car Conor hat what is a grandpa to do.. And the little bag of spacers really was a nice surprise..

Chris

Comment

I have given my 2011 car the once over with repairs to body posts,guide movement,no rub front tires, re powering with a softer(slightly) motor, fitting rubber tires.
                      I have also given my 2010 car rubber tires and a work over.

They are both working well and I am in slo mode waiting for any word on the 2012 event.

ready and waiting
                      munter

Comment

I have changed tires on the blue coup and checked it over. Not bad for a back-up. The construction of the all new roadster is under way.

Comment

I'm also looking forward to 2012. I'll probably "down motor" .....a tad and put some NSR rubber on and do a little body repair and see how she runs.

Big Jack

Comment

OK, the MRRC car is out. I would suggest it for a 'stock' class to get more participants. Leave open motor class for the mod guys with scratch built chassis and mega motors.

Comment

Wake up, winter is almost over......right

Good idea. Hopefully that will get more racers interested plus, I would think that you would be allowed to enter a car in each class.

Are we "awake out there"

Big Jack

Originally posted by rixvette View Post
                              OK, the MRRC car is out. I would suggest it for a 'stock' class to get more participants. Leave open motor class for the mod guys with scratch built chassis and mega motors.

Comment

Working...
                              X