Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 DaVols Forums Cup Rules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Scott,
    No mention of independent front wheels. I think in the past this was not allowed. Just wanted it clarified since I have seen it mentioned in other proxies. Bruce's goal when the series started was to keep it simple. I have independent fronts on 1 of my cars in another proxy this year. Well actually 2. My stock Cuda has independent factory fronts. Not the best because of the side to side wobble.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by arroldn View Post
      Scott,
      No mention of independent front wheels. I think in the past this was not allowed. Just wanted it clarified since I have seen it mentioned in other proxies. Bruce's goal when the series started was to keep it simple. I have independent fronts on 1 of my cars in another proxy this year. Well actually 2. My stock Cuda has independent factory fronts. Not the best because of the side to side wobble.
      Arrold,
      It so not something that has been previously been addressed in the recent rules... I haven't looked through all the previous 12 years though. Unless there is an outcry to make a definitive ruling on it, i hibknwell leave it as it is. If anything, maybe keep the COY with locked fronts and allow COT with independent?

      Comment


      • #18
        Axles

        The rule states that axles may be stock or aftermarket. So, in essence, stock independent or stock stubb axles would fall into that category. I agree to leave as is.

        Comment


        • #19
          "I agree to leave as is."

          Scott
          I agree with this also.........and check your PP Acct as u have funds.

          For what it worth..............I apologize if one of my recent posts sounded a little boastful (after re-reading it did sound that way)......me bad, I don't need a target on my back LOL so sorry guys that's not my style......

          Dick

          Comment


          • #20
            Wow... I need to stop posting from my phone before I proof read! That last post was BAD!

            Dick, I got your pay pal! You make it officially #2 paid... and don't work, a little bragging and busting chops is a part of all of this, lol

            Looks like we will leave the axel rules as it is

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by k0z0oo1 View Post
              Wow... I need to stop posting from my phone before I proof read! That last post was BAD!

              Dick, I got your pay pal! You make it officially #2 paid... and don't work, a little bragging and busting chops is a part of all of this, lol

              Looks like we will leave the axel rules as it is
              I thought "hibknwell" was just a word from the NEPA language or some kind of code word

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by GTOking View Post
                I thought "hibknwell" was just a word from the NEPA language or some kind of code word
                I believe it was supposed to be "think we'll"

                Check out "haynabonics" on YouTube if you want to hear some of our NEPA made up words... that's the heratage of the coal mines

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hello Guys do we have to run SuperTire 1400s.Is that the standards ALS

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    ALS,
                    Look at this thread. It list all of the YellowDogs/SuperTires in the 1400 Series.
                    http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...t=99234&page=2

                    The thread also contains what I have been running since we went to the rear tire requirement of YellowDogs. Front tire can remain stock or any Mfg. If you go to small on the front the tires will not touch the track surface. You might be able to go with a 1402 but I use a 1403 on the front and 1404 on the rear.

                    Tires: Rear, Super Tire Urethane 1400 series tires required. Front, stock or aftermarket allowed. Zero grips allowed. Glued and trued tires allowed. Front tires must contact the track while car is in the slot and tires must roll when given a test push. Front tire coating with any substance is not allowed.
                    Last edited by arroldn; 03-13-2018, 11:41 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Arrold, Thanks for jumping in with the links!

                      I have started a new thread specifically about the tires. You can find it at the following link... I feel this is a question that comes up yearly, so instead of burring it in the rules post we should make it easier to find. Check it out at the following link
                      http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal...48#post1041148

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Car # 60 left in today's mail.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Mitch58 View Post
                          Car # 60 left in today's mail.
                          Car arrived today!!!

                          I will update the entrants list and mark the cars as arrived when they get here

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Check the Number Request topic for updated car arrivals!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Payment sent.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X