No announcement yet.

Races 3&4 Shoreline Model Raceways

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys thank you for the run. Lancelot congrats on your top finishing position in COT and HarleyDean in COY. Please do not include #0 in COY picture as it is a ghost of what a car should be.
    Again thanks for the time and effort put forth...
    Aloha
    Dale

Comment

For a small additional fee I could Photoshop the picture to dress your car up a bit.

Comment

Well it is amazing how cars with the same motor and min weight can be so far apart in performance. Congratulations to all of our podium finishers. Hope my cars run better on the road-courses. My drivers got out voted by the chassis engineer. I might need to listen to their input more for 2019.

Look at those Island guys cars in COT. Way to go. You would think that big spoiler would be slowing that #88 car down Must be giving him extra grip. Where is the Nascar inspector???

Again congratulations to all.
        Thanks to the Shoreline Guys for running this round. Always look forward to the stop up there. Have fun.
        Last edited by arroldn; 06-15-2018, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Congrats to all the podium finishers! Once again HarleyDean is running away...

I’m glad to see my COY cars running top5, curious if anything happened to the 83 COT though

Thanks to all the Shoreline guys for hosting these great races again! Also to RichD for coordinating everything there

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
            For a small additional fee I could Photoshop the picture to dress your car up a bit.
            That would be much appreciated maybe as Casper or better yet “Stinky”.
            Aloha
            Dale

Comment

Thanks guys for the first race .Hats off to the leaders in each class ALS

Comment

The track owner is pondering what he wants to do next. I would have expected that the Paula Metz configuration would be used, that just has extra straight sections added. There are also extra sections to make an unnamed boomerang shaped track. Some of you may recall that the old Trenton track had a backward kink in the back stretch, the track would be something like that. We have only raced with the track in that configuration one time.
                If we do go with the Paula Metz configuration that tends to give much different results from the short track. On the short track underpowered cars can still do well, on the long track having more power is sometimes helpful.
                When you race on an oval you are more at the mercy of the other drivers than you would be on a road course. Before the racing started last night the drivers were instructed to let a faster car pass if it had already lapped them, even so passing to the outside could be risky and I am sure that some of the cars would have done better if they had not gotten nerfed or crashed into.
                Some of the cars were difficult to drive consistently. Some cars can turn a fast lap now and again, so they may look good in the qualifying runs, but during the racing itself the average speed would be lower.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

feedback

Cars were fun to run, some very "hairy" on two inside lanes because of power at rear wheels, The 83 car is a very good car and did not like the inside lane. I trust it will win a number of events. It qualified on lane two and was superior to the field but in the event there are other obstacles and variables. Think next run will be on the "kink" oval. In aprox two weeks. McMannix

Comment

Congrats to Lance for his first COT win as well as to all the podium finishers. Thanks to the host for another race and the kinked oval sounds interesting for race #4.

Comment

Something like this?

Comment

Congratulations Lance in your 1st place Podiums ALS

Comment

Thanks for the Round guys

Congrats podium getters

The next track looks great bring on the next Round

Rossko

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
                              Something like this?

I like it, the link oval looks good to me!

Racing around the other cars and drivers is part of the game. Thanks for the extra insight as to how the racing went. It can be very difficult to pass to the outside!

Comment

Thanks. It is very unexpected. I was sure that COT car was a midpack runner..
                                It just goes to show you that anybodys car can win.
                                Thanks for the hosts, organizers, and participants.

Comment

Working...
                                X