• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sh0wtym37
    started a topic Race #6 Crown Point 100

Race #6 Crown Point 100

Good afternoon Race fans!

Welcome to the CP100!

Our track is made up of vintage Revell plastic track. The layout has an even amount of left and right hand turns. Total lane lengths are equal at 100’ a piece. This track is powered by a 12v power supply and is managed by a TrackMate timing system with a light bridge. The entire track has also been taped and has 10 power taps throughout the layout.

No mag racing here is all about getting on the gas and then the brake. Our straightaways are up to 19’ on the back, and there are some elevation changes to get around the loop. You need to have a car that will slide a little but straighten up quick, and it needs to be predictable. Consistant how it applies peers, breaks and the manner in which it slides.

Being plastic, we have the occasional hole shot de-slot if you are weighted heavy in the back or have some dialed rubber.

We will be running qualifying this weekend. COT is complete. 9.61 was the fast lap, and the field is pretty evenly spread up to 11.3 I believe.

I will provide updates as they go.

Good luck racers.

• GAS41T
    replied
    Thanks for hosting, Big effort

Congrats podium getters

On to the next race

Leave a comment:

• Lancelotalove
    replied
    Thanks for having hosted and running our cars. My cars must like your track. They finished well.
    Lance

I dont post much but I had to thank you.
    This site is really having login issues.I had to log in 3 times to get this posted

Leave a comment:

• maddick1943
    replied
    Thanks for hosting

Yes Sir Jason

thanks so very much........and you ran it alone NICE !!!!

I didn't do well at this track BUT I love the idea of a "point and shoot road course" as that's all I have to test and run LOL.....no oval.......No big deal...

Thanks again Jason

Dick

Leave a comment:

• Bopalou
    replied
    Finally a road course....yea

Nice job Sh0wtym37. Love the track
    Congrats to fellow NC racer Thunderbolt

Bopalou

Leave a comment:

• arroldn
    replied
    Jason,
    Thanks for hosting. I know what is it like to host this event by oneself. I will have the cars in Sept.
    Congratulations to our podium finishers. DNF in the COY class bummer. My number 2 made a good showing but came up short.

Just keep digging.

Leave a comment:

• REL13
    replied
    Thanks Jason for hosting this race. It looks like in the COY race there was some close racing. REL13
    Last edited by REL13; 08-04-2018, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• k0z0oo1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sh0wtym37
    replied
    CP100 is in The Books!!!

The racing at CP100 has concluded. Scott has the results and will be posting shortly. This was a one man show, and took some time to get completed. COY wrapped up at 3:00AM this past Tuesday morning and COT wrapped up at 12:30 last night.

The race format was as follows:
    Qualifying was run a week earlier. Cars were run Until I understood the characteristic of each. Once I felt I had the best lap that was it.

The actual racing was conducted on the Blue lane. First run was done counter clockwise and the second was clockwise. Heats were run at 4:00 minutes.

COY results were mostly consistent with qualifying, and COT results were all over the place. There under up being a commonality between the three podium finishers of the COT class... they had the same 3D chassis..

As this is the first DaVols event on a road course, I say it went well. This is part of the reason we went both directions, to really challenge the field. Attrition was mostly avoided. I didn’t notice too strong of a impact for biases weight either.

One ring gear was lost and two others moved on the axle and bags to be re-adjusted. 12volts, and aggressive throttle and break must ha e really put some stress on drivelines. I would warn folks to re-consider partial gear engagement. May ultimately be less friction but it’s also more stress on the gear surfaces.

Thank you all for the opportunity. I have picked up a few pointers along the way. You have all done a great job.

I was very surprised to see the pace achieved during racing. The winning COT car averaged 8.9 second laps!!!! That is crazy fast. Especially considering how far away the qualifying pace was from that.

Good luck o the rest of the events.

ShOwtym37

Leave a comment:

• sh0wtym37
    replied
    Originally posted by arroldn View Post
    Jason,
    The #42 in COY did it DNF? Can it be fixed? Scott does he send it to me for repair or if Jason repairs it I can send him the money for parts or send him the parts.
    12 COT tires to aggressive. Are you saying to much traction and wont slide?

Thanks for the qualifying results. Looking forward to seeing the race results.

Congratulations to the top qualifiers.
    Regarding car, it happened late in the 2nd run so it was a decent result. Some cars had torque to pop the guide out of the slot, some were edgy in the turns and wouldn’t slide.
    The #12 was a case of popping out of a slot from torque/traction. So had to ease into throttle effecting time relative to others.

Leave a comment:

• k0z0oo1
    replied
    Originally posted by arroldn View Post
    Jason,
    The #42 in COY did it DNF? Can it be fixed? Scott does he send it to me for repair or if Jason repairs it I can send him the money for parts or send him the parts.
    Jason said he would contact you, probably wouldn’t hurt to reach out yourself, I’ll PM you his email

Leave a comment:

• arroldn
    replied
    Jason,
    12 COT tires to aggressive. Are you saying to much traction and wont slide?

Thanks for the qualifying results. Looking forward to seeing the race results.

Congratulations to the top qualifiers.
    Last edited by arroldn; 07-31-2018, 07:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• REL13
    replied
    Scott, Any chance you can post the COY results? REL13

Leave a comment:

• k0z0oo1
    replied
    Gents,
    Here are the qualifying results. Jason has had a lot on his plate, so we are a little later than planned, but I believe we will still be OK the rest of the season.

Jason has included notes about all the cars as well.

The COY race has been run, and the COT race should be complete this week.

Leave a comment:

• arroldn
    replied
    Has the race been run?????

Leave a comment:

Working...
X