X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arroldn
    started a topic CG Slotcars Chassis

CG Slotcars Chassis

Just for those who may use these in other proxies. The Chassis for the Scaley Inline body and the Carrera COT body are right on. However for the SCX and the SCX Pro the mounting holes are off. See pictures. I believe if you mount the front first you could enlarge the rear hole by the gas tank to make it work on the COY body. The holes for the Pro Body are way off.

• k0z0oo1
    replied
    Alan Smith mentioned on other posts that the server issues are less likely to be a problem on Firefox web browser.

Leave a comment:

• Lancelotalove
    replied
    Database error 4 times , page back , password does not take. Pain in the A-- to even post here on this forum. Finally got back to reply to thread.
    If i remember correctly my SCX body post was a little off the chassis hole also. I pushed on the body post and elongated the hole. You might have to add heat to the body post in order to get it to line up better to the holes in the chassis.

login to post reply, database err. page back, new entry missing,
    Last edited by Lancelotalove; 11-17-2018, 01:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    CG Slotcars Nascar

Here are some pics of the too long and too short chassis:

Too long wheelbase:

Too short wheelbase:

Looks like no fb pic linking. I was afraid of that.
    Last edited by Drewbert34; 11-17-2018, 10:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• arroldn
    replied
    I have one for Carrera that I ran last year. As stated the tank scraped on Carrera high banks. When I brought this to CG Slot attention in 2016 there was no issue with the Carrera only the SCX. He said he would fix the SCX and promised to send me one at no cost, however I never received it.

Surprised to hear you are having problems. I will look to see if I have another chassis if you wish.

Just checked. They (CG Slotcars) no longer list a chassis for Carrera COTs only SCX COY body.
    Last edited by arroldn; 11-12-2018, 07:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• k0z0oo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewbert34 View Post
    Bringing this back from the dead...

I love CG Slot Cars offerings, but I had the same issue with the Carrera COT. After reaching out, I was told that they previously had never heard any complaints about the misalignment. They refunded me on the 1st two chassis I ordered (well, I was shorted $9 plus shipping, but whatever) and made adjustments to the chassis and added D132 chip capability. I ordered 2 more, excitedly. Those 2 came in and this time the wheelbase was too short!...another refund which shorted me another $9 + what I spent in shipping....grrrrr.

Now, I have sidewinder pods and all the parts to build these cars (including 4 bodies) and still no podded Nascars.

Just a fair warning...as it can be expensive by the time you count the all in costs!

I'll try and remember to come back and post pics of my findings.
    There are many ( including one of mien) competing in the series this year, under Carrera COT bodies. Iím not sure which versions everyone else is using, but I have the originals and did not have any alignment issues. The only thing we did notice was the gas tank may be a little low as it will scrape on high banked corners

Leave a comment:

• Drewbert34
    replied
    Bringing this back from the dead...

I love CG Slot Cars offerings, but I had the same issue with the Carrera COT. After reaching out, I was told that they previously had never heard any complaints about the misalignment. They refunded me on the 1st two chassis I ordered (well, I was shorted $9 plus shipping, but whatever) and made adjustments to the chassis and added D132 chip capability. I ordered 2 more, excitedly. Those 2 came in and this time the wheelbase was too short!...another refund which shorted me another $9 + what I spent in shipping....grrrrr.

Now, I have sidewinder pods and all the parts to build these cars (including 4 bodies) and still no podded Nascars.

Just a fair warning...as it can be expensive by the time you count the all in costs!

I'll try and remember to come back and post pics of my findings.

Leave a comment:

• redlynr
    replied
    I fitted the Carrera CG chassis to the COT body, and while the post lined up, the rear wheel in the opening was noticeably off and looked bad, though probably would have worked. I did talk to CG about it, maybe they have fixed the issue, but I have received no word.

Leave a comment:

• GTOking
    replied
    Originally posted by Lancelotalove View Post
    I somewhat confused on this. In the previous picture, The CG 3D chassis says SCX but wont fit SCX nascars?
    I looked at the CG site on shapeways and i only see Chassis for Carrera nascars.
    Starting to look for something nascar and trying to put the pieces together.
    Lance
    Lance, I think Arrold was showing how the available CG chassis would fit if a builder was inclined to try to interchange a chassis not intended for the body it was made for. As for the DaVols Forum Cup Proxy, beginning with the 2017 season the Carrera/CG COT chassis will be legal only in the COT division. The CG chassis made for the Scalextric will not be legal in the COY division nor will any other aftermarket chassis. Plainly stated, the COT division will allow any aftermarket plastic or stock plastic chassis, the COY division will allow only stock plastic chassis intended for a COY body. Stay tuned for the 2017 rules package to be released soon. If you are interested in joining our series and have immediate questions please message me.

Ken
    Last edited by GTOking; 12-19-2016, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lancelotalove
    replied
    GC chassis and SCX bodies

I somewhat confused on this. In the previous picture, The CG 3D chassis says SCX but wont fit SCX nascars?
    I looked at the CG site on shapeways and i only see Chassis for Carrera nascars.
    Starting to look for something nascar and trying to put the pieces together.
    Lance

Leave a comment:

• arroldn
    replied
    Tried it on a Chevy got the same results.

Leave a comment:

• k0z0oo1
    replied
    I don't believe that chassis was ever meant to be used on the COT bodies, but the regular COT and the Pro COY uses the same body.

The CG Slots chassis is designed to fit all 3 COY or aero nascars by SCX, but the body posts are slightly different in each one. I have successfully mounted said chassis to both a ford and a Chevy body, have not tried the dodge bodies yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X