This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Grp 5 - Car Specifications +Technical Inspection + Pictures

I promised an update today and I am at least living up to that commitment.

Most of the cars are in the house and are ready to race, there are however 4 cars still on route. Three of these are slightly delayed, due to no fault of the sender. One of these are being delivered to my house, the others are in Sumas, WA.

I am doubtful if I will be able to cross the border and get to Sumas tomorrow, a very unexpected cold front with snow and ice has caught me out. For those of you that are familiar with Michelin Cup 2 car tyres, I am sure you would agree that they are best left to dry and warm pavement!

I will start posting pictures as well as technical details this weekend. I know you are all anxious to see how well (or poorly ) your car performs. I am hopeful that the wait will be worth it, and that you will enjoy the coverage. Round 0 will be presented, including live video feed, very soon, most likely Tuesday or Wednesday evening PST.

I am confident that Round 0 and round 1 (Superslab) will be completed in November. I am hopeful round 2 and perhaps 3 will be completed before the year end.

Stay tuned for details and welcome to the World's Fastest Hard Body Slot Car Proxy! - Are you sure you brought your A game? We will soon find out!

Good luck to most of YOU!

Chris

It's funny but as soon as I saw the title of this thread a sense of dread came over me.

Up until now it's been fun taking pot shots at everyone and making disparaging comments about their cars and building ability. That all stops now. The reality of having a car entered in the world's fastest hard body slot car proxy is hitting home and I really don't know how good my car will be.

Part of me wishes the real racing never happens and we can continue to brag about how good we think our cars will be.
    Last edited by Sports Racer; 11-04-2017, 01:54 AM.

Comment

So very true Sportsracer! This is the funnest (most stressful too) time of a proxy waiting to see how your new car stacks up against the rest isn't it!? Our new fast builds on our home or test tracks might do very well or the complete opposite .......or maybe in the middle ...only time will tell!

Rob
      Last edited by cgyracer; 11-04-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cgyracer View Post
        So very true Sportsracer! This is the funniest (most stressful too) time of a proxy waiting to see how your new car stacks up against the rest isn't it!? Our new fast builds on our home or test tracks might do very well or the complete opposite .......or maybe in the middle ...only time will tell!

Rob
        End of the day Rob worst case for you........ You're a 10!!! I'll be here all week. And yes Sir Sports Racer we will all see how tire prep, chassis set up and gear selection will work for us all. I can't wait for Chris' video, I can only hope that my last lap is as fast as my 1st lap this year and my tires hold up. We will see.
        Last edited by Brumos RSR; 11-04-2017, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Hope my tyres hold up !!!!'

Comment

Car #9 Steeveew

Last edited by F1Fan; 11-04-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

#77 ajk

Last edited by F1Fan; 11-04-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

#66 Leadfoot46

Last edited by F1Fan; 11-04-2017, 09:45 PM.

Comment

#3 Brumos RSR

Comment

#13 Sport Racer

Comment

#52 Coquitlam Kid

Comment

Here are the first 6 cars in complete random order. I took a box, opened it and took a picture. Cars have not touched a track!

More to come.

PS: I would have added more pictures this evening if it was not for the hour it took to unbox Camber's car, if that car runs as well as it was packaged, then we are ALL in serious trouble!
                        Last edited by F1Fan; 11-04-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Duplicate Number #51

Camber your entry shows a number request for #20, but the car arrived as #51 which is the same as the number requested & entered by Slotracing Hawaii.

I will have to change to number, will see what I have available

Chris

Comment

#4 Aloha

Last edited by F1Fan; 11-05-2017, 11:24 AM.

Comment

#67 Lancelotalove

Last edited by F1Fan; 11-05-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X