This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 - Scorekeeping - Point Standings, Awards

As last year each car will receive points based on their finishing position in each race as follows:

9 from the 10 races to count - you may drop your worst event

1st: 30 points
    2nd: 27 points
    3rd: 25 points
    4th: 24 points
    5th: 23 points
    as so forth down the finish order

Top Qualifier: 2 points

Ties will be broken by finishing order during the season (number of wins, then 2nd places etc..)

Thanks Dennis for the spreadsheet...much appreciated!

Rob
    Last edited by cgyracer; 04-19-2018, 07:18 AM.

Round 0 Info

In anticipation of Round #1 here again is the Round 0 shakedown. How close will the actual race results be to the shakedown?.....we shall find out soon enough!

Comment

If your worst result (and thus dropped) was in a race you had TQ'd - do you get to keep the TQ 2 points?

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Interesting question....the simple answer is no. The total round score is determined by the sum of the round plus the two possible points for fastest TQ. If that total round score is your lowest...... that round will be dropped.

Thanks...good question!!

Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob - a thing of beauty!

Rob's skills with graphics and design, helps hugely to raise the bar on this proxy. We will have technical details on each car soon.

Chris

Comment

Welcome to the world's fastest proxy......AND to the world's best drivers! WOW what a fantastic display of driving by Dan and Brian! These cars were flying! Congrats to F1Fan with the first of possibly more wins this series, that car looks very solid to me.

So gentleman here is our first official score sheet of Round #1 in this early part of the season F1Fan is in the lead and Team Canada has taken the early lead as well this season.. Kudos to Gascarnut for developing such a wonderful spreadsheet.

A link for the actual spreadsheet is provided as well.

Comment

Round 2 Group 5 Scoresheet

Thanks to the Professor for running Round 2 for us again this year. As last year he completed the round within the same week of receiving the cars......thank you very much from all of us! It is sure a pleasure to see new names within the top four spots after Round #2 was completed ...Camber with the win and Lez in fourth, congrats guys! Smokeio 2nd place and F1Fan in 3rd rounding off the podium.

So gentlemen here is the overall standings after two rounds...

The cars are off next to the home track of two time Group 5 champion Gascarnut! Good luck to all!

Attached is the spreadsheet too.
              Last edited by cgyracer; 04-19-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks Rob, great to get the results posted so promptly, I am however concerned you did not get my e-transfer. It is awfully close towards the top, I assumed you would have applied my 1000 Race Director bonus points by now, as discussed....

All kidding aside it is great to see how tight things are and that a few different drivers have moved upwards in the standings. We have proven in the past that the winner is only decided at the last race, let's hope this happens again.....but if I am leading let's hope it is decided much sooner....

Chris

Comment

You better not look back Chris. I'm coming for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeio View Post
                    You better not look back Chris. I'm coming for you.
                    Hard to see anything through all that Smoke......Bueller, Bueller, Bueller!

Comment

Congrats again to Camber for his second straight win, Chrisguyw for his first podium this series, and Smokeio for his third straight podium. Looks like Smokeio is right.... he is coming for F1fan as there is only one point separation now. Camber is tied with Smokeio too, two guys nipping at F1Fan....how does F1Fan deal with this intense pressure?! Maybe Lez will finally get a podium spot next round as the last two rounds he has finished on the outside at 4th. In the team event Team Canada still with a good lead with three Canadians placing fairly well this round.

Thanks Dennis for hosting Round 3 in the middle of the holidays, now the cars will be off for the long journey to the opposite side of the country.
                      Rob

Last edited by cgyracer; 04-19-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cgyracer View Post
                        Camber is tied with Smokeio too, two guys nipping at F1Fan....how does F1Fan deal with this intense pressure?!
                        In the only way I know.....

Thanks Rob!

Comment

One point. Doesn't get any better than this.

Comment

Thanks Rob for getting the scoring undated,I'm so happy with my 4th places,In front of you in round 2 and now ahead of you and the Guru #7 is like a podium finish for me
                            Good luck to all in round 4

Comment

Our proxy series and a few of our entrants / hosts have been getting some attention on other SCI threads lately. To be honest I am somewhat surprised and bewildered by this, but as they say, the tallest trees catch the most wind.

This gives me an opportunity to thank each and every one of you for entering this series and to our hosts for making the event possible and setting such a high standard. IMHO it is one of the finest, if not the best, proxy series out there at the moment.

I am a relative rookie compared to some of the proxy veterans out there, but I learned a LOT from the likes of Smokeio, Redlynr (make sure you spell it correctly), WPSoko, Moby Dick, Mark, Gascarnut.. to name just a few.

I think it is fair to say, without stepping on any toes, that there are two types of proxy series, those that we get to race against some of these respected tuners, and those that we don't. It is a real privilege to have the likes of Smokeio in our series.

The hope is that others will get the opportunity to learn from this proxy and we will keep raising the bar when it comes to building and tuning little plastic slot cars.

Thanks again for your tremendous support, now let's go and kick some Smoke...

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X