Round 9 - Kelowna

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 9 - Kelowna

The cars are now on route to our friends at KSCC and the beautiful city of Kelowna for the penultimate round of the 2017 championship.

With two rounds to go, there are still a number of placings to be decided and every point will count.

I suggest you pour yourself a glass of wine from the BC region to celebrate and enjoy the event, no doubt it will be another excellent round with great coverage from Rob and his boys.

It looks like the race will be on the weekend of April 7/8, but I will let Rob fill us in on his final decision and date.

I am heading to South Africa that weekend, and will be away for about two weeks. Round 10 will most likely be the first weekend of May, TBC. (I think I will race car #5 & #70 while I am still recovering from jet-lag....)

Happy Racing and Good Luck to ALL of you.

Chris

If you raced #5 and #70 on SA time and the rest of the field on Canadian time would the difference between the 2 time zones mean those 2 cars were so slow they should still be finishing the previous race?

Surely that would be worth negative points....................

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Racer View Post
      If you raced #5 and #70 on SA time and the rest of the field on Canadian time would the difference between the 2 time zones mean those 2 cars were so slow they should still be finishing the previous race?

Surely that would be worth negative points....................
      Absolutely Brilliant!

100 bonus points for car #13

Comment

Those cars are so fast your toilet water will spin the wrong way.

Comment

Send them....Iíll test that theory???

Comment

Looking forward to this round as I have driven on Robs track. It will be interesting to see how it goes, great bunch of blokes those Kelownaites

Comment

Originally posted by camber View Post
              Looking forward to this round as I have driven on Robs track. It will be interesting to see how it goes, great bunch of blokes those Kelownaites
              Last winter at my track is when we planted the seed for you to enter the Group 5 Proxy.....now look where you are at, leading all of us! By the way the snow at Big White is even more amazing this year, spring skiing will last for quite a while.

We have about 8 or 9 fellas that have replied and are keen to help race / marshal this round. I will qualify the cars next week and the race is scheduled for Sunday April 8th.

Rob

Comment

Qualifying is planned for this Wednesday or Thursday. Can't wait to see these cars in person, it seems like this year's Group 5 proxy has flown by with 8 rounds completed within 5 months.... with the last two rounds expected completion in the next 4 weeks.

Here's a photo and video from last years round.

Check out the race at the 22 minute mark.......that was close between Heli_ca, F1Fan and my car!
                [YOUTUBE]hOZQcLmmWQQ[/YOUTUBE]
                Last edited by cgyracer; 04-22-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Looking forward to round 9, I am hopeful that someone can give Camber's car #5 a run for it's money and perhaps challenge it for P1.

We will be starting our YVR - CGY - AMS - CPT (I am exhausted just typing that ) trip on Saturday morning, so doubt I will posting much during the next few days, but looking forward to hosting round 10 when I get back.

Good luck to most of you.

Chris

Comment

Received the cars today, did a quick inspection all looks well. The tires of the cars I checked all look in fantastic shape, I think it's going to be a very fast race.

Took a few interesting pictures of the cars in their motor groupings and lined them up according to the standings so you can see how well you are running compared to your counterparts.

The big guns 30k short can

25K short cans

The torque monsters long can

The pee wee 22k short can
                    Last edited by cgyracer; 04-19-2018, 07:20 AM.

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words, or in this case 4 pictures, but either way a fascinating look at how different designs and configurations are performing in this series.

Thanks for sharing, very interesting!

Comment

Will be an interesting round, Rob's car will be hard to beat on it's home track.

Comment

Group 5

UM all the torque monsters are on the bottom. I known what I'll be doing in 2019!!! Trying to race my way into the field.

Comment

Originally posted by arroldn View Post
                            UM all the torque monsters are on the bottom. I known what I'll be doing in 2019!!! Trying to race my way into the field.
                            I kinda thought some of you would find the motors used in pictures an eye opener.

Rob

Comment

very very interesting Rob.....

Comment

Working...
                              X