No announcement yet.

Group 5 Proxy - 2019 Race Schedule - Round 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all for getting round one done,awesome videos.
    Congrats to Camber,Chris and Rob.wow super fast times guys

Comment

Go team pacific....

Congrats Camber & the podium getters....

6th qualy & finished 6th I’m very happy with my car

Rossko
      Last edited by GAS41T; 11-28-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Group 5 Proxy - 2019 Race Scdule - Round 1

First I would like to thank my friend and fellow Saskatonian Scott (GT6) for his encouragement to become involved in proxy racing (the past four years plus) and his assistance in the preparation of the 512BB Ferrari. This is very different from the days of preparing a Formula Ford for competition. Thanks to the following, Chris for posting the car data and photos of the cars in the 2019 Group 5 proxy. A very big thanks to the host of the first round, Alwyn, and his pit crew Dan, Duke, and Luf, as well as Roger for a software solution. The tables from qualifying and from Round 1 race that Alwyn prepared and posted are extremely informative, especially when combined with Chris's tables from pre-qualifying and the individual car data. To a newbie all of these provide an excellent view into preparation and tuning as does Luf's video. I'm pleased to have survived the cut. I am grateful for the comments in regard to my entry; and I wish to congratulate the Podium. One observation or request or idea, it would be nice to have a schematic drawing in modest scale of the various track layouts in advance of the series to assist in tuning considerations.
        Cheers
        Ed -53BN1 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (53BN1 is 1953 Healey 100)

Comment

Good job to the islanders. Glad to be the Pacific group!
          Aloha
          Dale

Comment

I will need to change next roundís scoresheet to reflect 53BN1 is on the Canadian Team. Good luck to all next round!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by 53BN1 View Post
              First I would like to thank my friend and fellow Saskatonian Scott (GT6) for his encouragement to become involved in proxy racing (the past four years plus) and his assistance in the preparation of the 512BB Ferrari. This is very different from the days of preparing a Formula Ford for competition. Thanks to the following, Chris for posting the car data and photos of the cars in the 2019 Group 5 proxy. A very big thanks to the host of the first round, Alwyn, and his pit crew Dan, Duke, and Luf, as well as Roger for a software solution. The tables from qualifying and from Round 1 race that Alwyn prepared and posted are extremely informative, especially when combined with Chris's tables from pre-qualifying and the individual car data. To a newbie all of these provide an excellent view into preparation and tuning as does Luf's video. I'm pleased to have survived the cut. I am grateful for the comments in regard to my entry; and I wish to congratulate the Podium. One observation or request or idea, it would be nice to have a schematic drawing in modest scale of the various track layouts in advance of the series to assist in tuning considerations.
              Cheers
              Ed -53BN1 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (53BN1 is 1953 Healey 100)
              Thank YOU Ed for entering, I hope you have fun racing with us, maybe learn something and join us again next time!

Proxy racing is the ultimate exercise in compromise!

One important correction to your post above, and for the benefit of others as well, the "glue" that holds this event together, is my good buddy from Kelowna, Mr. Rob...aka CGYRacer! All the reporting, the amazing graphics and the tiny details that makes this proxy spectacular is his doing! I am like a conductor that sucks at playing an instrument, without the likes of Rob there would be no music

Chris

Comment

Group 5 Proxy-2019 Race Schedule-Round1

Hi Chris
                Thanks for the additional information. Rob send me a very nice e-mail this morning, and I certainly appreciate the effort that you both provide to us.
                Cheers
                Ed

Comment

Racing my car on the Targa track,it was big pleasure.
                  Thanks a bunch to Alwy and great Targa guys.

Takashi

Comment

Surprising finish considering my blatantly obvious lack of power!

Thanks for the run Gents!

Comment

Car #9 came back from round 1 with a broken rear body post, it has now been repaired and it will ship together with the other cars to Tacoma.

Comment

Cars are on route to The Professors's famous Tacoma track and they are expected to arrive by Thursday.

With some help from our own AJK we should know more about round 2 soon.

Good Luck to ALL!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X