Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope springs eternal - SCI will work again and Camber will get beat! (It looks like it will be easier to win against Cameron! )

I think that an NSR Corvette (as an example) will give many entrants an excellent foundation to work from, and sometimes less "tuning" is more, but for others that are willing to do more testing and experimentation, I am confident that there will be other options.

I mentioned it more than once that I have limited experience with these cars, however I have heard that the following cars are all quick: (just to mention a few)

NSR Corvette
    NSR BMW
    ScaleAuto Corvette
    Sideways Lambo - and many of us have experience with tuning the Sideways Group 5 cars
    Black Arrow Ferrari
    Area 71 Ferrari
    and a special secret that I can only share with Sport Racer (other please look away...) Flyslot Porsche!

Kidding aside, it will still come down to Tyres, Tires, Tyres, attention to detail and the right gearing and weight compromise!

Merry Christmas to all those that celebrate the Season!

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Coquitlam Kid View Post
      I can see a lot of NSR cars on the podium the first year..... after Camber that is
      2 then

Comment

Originally posted by F1Fan View Post
        Only previous champs Leon and Dennis are not racing with us at the moment, so if both of them enter, and all of the current top 16 return, it will leave spots for 6 more cars in the field of 24. We will run a qualification round if needed to determine who takes those spots.

One note that I will ensure to clarify is that if any of the top 16 does not return, then it does NOT mean that position 17 or 18 etc move up, it only means that there are more openings for new entrants - hope this is clear as mud!

Could you tell me when you expect to open registration? I would like to enter as a new entrant, or at least try and qualify for one of the spots. Brian/Duke7777

Comment

Originally posted by Duke7777 View Post
          Could you tell me when you expect to open registration? I would like to enter as a new entrant, or at least try and qualify for one of the spots. Brian/Duke7777
          Hi Brian,

It will be great to have you in the event!

I am waiting for the next round (#4) of the current series to end, and see how the upgrade to SCI will impact our ability to post. I will start a new and updated GT3 page within the next couple of weeks (early February).

Chris

Comment

GT3 Proxy

I had to make a very difficult decision, especially since SCI has been our home for many years, and the support here has been amazing, but until the SCI upgrade has been completed and the posted data proves to be stable, I am going to focus on the HRW forum as our registration site for the 2020 addition of this proxy series.

For the last few months we have attempted to keep both forums updated, but this has proven to be a lot of work and very time consuming.

Thanks as always for your support, results and comments for the current season will continue to be posted here. We look forward to your continued support and thanks as always for your participation.

SCI is a great site and I am confident that it will soon be running silky smooth again!

Chris

Comment

What are you, a man or a moose?

Real men post on this site (no matter how many hours/days it takes to make a comment).

Comment

Any news guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Racer View Post
                  What are you, a man or a moose?

Real men post on this site (no matter how many hours/days it takes to make a comment).
                  I like your attitude!

Here's a statue of the world's largest moose. Don't be fooled by glossy Scandinavian imitations.

Comment

We have almost 30 entries for the GT3 series thus far and there is room for more, the moose (btw moose are like sheep, called invariant's - see who can figure this cryptic message out!) will then be sorted from the men and the 24 top cars will race in the 2020 event. I also received the Group 5 proxy cars from Smokeio today, and they will ship onward to Calgary tomorrow. We should complete the 5 Canadian races for the 2019 series in May.

Comment

Originally posted by F1Fan View Post
                      btw moose are like sheep, called invariant's.
                      I find it hilariously ironic that you make a plural-related grammatical error in writing about the plural of something that has no plural!

How's that for a plurality of plurals? Or should that be a multitude of plurals? Now I have gone and confused myself (again....).

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSlab View Post
                        I find it hilariously ironic that you make a plural-related grammatical error in writing about the plural of something that has no plural!
                        Obviously, you've never heard of a flock ...

Odd, that. I reckon there'll never be another ewe.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                          Obviously, you've never heard of a flock ...

Odd, that. I reckon there'll never be another ewe.
                          Do I have to explain the issue with "invariant's" (sic)? I thought I had already rammed it home.

And every true Canadian knows that the plural of moose is meese. Shees!

Comment

Superslab and Wet Coast Racer, you 2 are going to give F1Fan a hernia!

Comment

Hey, we're just trying to maintain the quality of the dialogue. But do we get any thanks (he asked, rhetorically)?

Comment

I'd like to thank you.

If we didn't have people like you how would the rest of us know we're sane. (insert smug looking emoji here)

Comment

Working...
                                X