Round 5, Lee Marquardt Speedway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 5, Lee Marquardt Speedway

It looks like we are good for this Wednesday, February 20th.

Snow is predicted starting tomorrow afternoon, so we will have to keep our fingers crossed!

Comment

Thanks for the updates Rich, stay safe and warm!

Chris

Comment

It is snowing now. Several of the guys were not willing to risk driving on slick back roads, so we tried to move the race to Thursday. A couple of the guys had other commitments for that day, so we will try again next Wednesday, February 27th.

Comment

Bad year for Proxy Racing ....
          Every proxy Iím entered in has slowed down Iíve forgotten half of them...

Comment

Originally posted by RichD View Post
            It is snowing now. Several of the guys were not willing to risk driving on slick back roads, so we tried to move the race to Thursday. A couple of the guys had other commitments for that day, so we will try again next Wednesday, February 27th.
            Good call! Participating in a hobby, fun though it may be, is just not worth the hassle. I got a very recent reminder about this: in the week leading up to on Sunday Feb 10 they had been forecasting snow off and on... and nothing happened. We had racing at one of our group members' tracks planned for the Sunday and they again forecast snow. The day danwed beautiful and clear so I decided: what the heck, I will drive the 65km there and have a pleasant day's racing.

Bad call! The drive out there was lovely. And yes, the slot racing was great! Driving back... NO fun at all!!! I made this little video from my car's dashcam:

[YOUTUBE]fef_Unl492I[/YOUTUBE]

So don't do what I did: just stay safely and warmly at home until the weather improves!

Alwyn

Comment

Here we go again! Snow is predicted for Wednesday evening, we will make a call based on what we know as of Tuesday evening or Wednesday morning. We do not like to do last minute calls to avoid someone missing the message and wrecking his car on some winding back road.

Comment

I'd post a video of my drive to the slot car track here in Canberra (middle of summer) but the camera keeps melting.

Comment

We got the race in last night, it did not start to snow until after we got back home. It only amounted to a dusting where I live. I promised not to post pictures until the results were posted, so hang in there.

Comment

Comment

A big thank you to Richard D & his helpers for putting on Rd 5 with the threat of snow just around the corner makes you guys very dedicated or very brave or both.
                      After seeing Super Slabs vid of his drive home from slotties in the snow it puts into perspective what we slot heads will do to race our cars.

Big congrats to Smoke on his TQ & race win & very entertaining Qually vid,love Chrisguyw's chassis & knew it would be at the pointy end at some stage.
                      With .75 of a lap separating the top 4 & 3 more cars a lap down the results could easily have been changed which makes for a very exciting series.
                      Cheers Jimmy

Comment

Working...
                      X