This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group 5 Proxy 2018 Edition - Registration + Rules Added

On the eve of the penultimate event in the 2017 series it is time to open registration for the 2018 series. As before the event will be limited to 24 cars, and previous entrants will have first dibs at entering the new series.

As previously promised I will soon clean up the rules to ensure any misunderstanding or ambiguity in regards to when and how penalty points are applied will be cleaned up.

In broad strokes the rules will be divided into these buckets
    1) List of eligible cars
    a. The Lancia will be added (let me know if there are other cars that have been released and should be eligible.)
    2) Scale Compliance (body, wheels, driver figure etc.)
    3) Performance Category (motor, tyres, etc.)
    4) Racing / Host Category

Entry fee will increase slightly to $25 USD – I will also provide an US address for entrants shipping from South of the border. There will be an additional $5 fee if you make use of this address, but at least it will reduce shipping cost to Canada and it will also take much less time. (the reason for the additional $5 charge is due to the fee I pay the shipping receiver for picking up the package)
    Racing will be 10 events with the best 9 to count.

For Consideration:

Due to the time it takes to ship the cars from the West to East coast and the additional cost, and the delays between the events I have been toying with the idea to make this a West Region only event. The cars will race in Alberta and BC (6 events) then ship down the West Coast for 4 more. These venues are TBD, and it will unfortunately exclude some excellent tracks and event host that contributed during the last two years.
    The pros of doing this I already mentioned, the cons are excluding the likes of Marek, Allan and Steve, as well as the fact that all the cars will be raced in the Western time zone.
    What are your thoughts on this idea?

Registration is now open to all previous (last two years) entrants only – on MAY 7th – entry will be open on a first come first serve basis until we have reached the 24 car limit.

Thanks for entering, hope you will be back to race in the fastest hard-body scale proxy in North America!
    Chris

1 F1Fan #7 paid
    2 Aloha # 4 paid
    3 Brumos RSR #3 paid
    4 Steeveew #9 paid
    5 Superslab #82 paid
    6 arroldn #53 paid
    7 Raderek #27 paid
    8 Leadfoot #62 paid
    9 heli_ca #8 paid
    10 cgyracer #10 paid
    11 chrisguyw #60 paid
    12 Lez #54 paid
    13 AJK #77 paid
    14 Coquitlam Kid #52 paid
    15 Smokeio # 70 paid
    16 dmn17 #17 paid
    17 GAS41T #16 paid
    18)34ever2 paid
    19)SlotracingHawaii #51paid
    20)Camber #20 paid
    21)JSCOTT111 paid
    22)Lowtech #64 paid
    23)Sportracer #13paid
    24)Lancelotalove paid

2) Noisymuse
    3) MRollingthunder
    10) Sacesta

13 Gascarnut # withdrawn
    19 Audi1 #19 withdrawn

Payment deadline is June 30th and the entry fee is $25 USD. Car deadline for entries to be in Chilliwack BC is October 31st, (update Sept 28/2017 - Oct 31st is Tuesday
    and I am moving it to the Friday of the same week - new deadline Nov 3rd, 2017)
    . All other shipping deadlines still applies - (Since there are cars on the waiting list, if you do not make payment by June 30th, I will move those cars onto the grid.

CANADIAN ADDRESS: (PM me for USA + $5)

Chris Struwig
    PO Box 2575
    Sardis Station Main
    Chilliwack
    BC
    Canada
    V2R 1A8

If we still have more cars than the 24 car maximum after the payment deadline, then I am considering a shoot out between the new entries to find the 4 fastest cars that will be part of the series. Cars that are declined a space in the series due to it being full, will get a full refund of their entry fee. [more details on this process closer to the time]

I am able to provide a US address for shipments which should reduce shipping time and cost for those South of the border, but since I pay a fee for each item I pick up from there, there will be an additional $5 for using it. Please PM me for the address.

PayPal preferred - group5slotproxy (remove) AT (remove) gmail (remove) com (remove) and use @ sign

Rules v4 Current)

Please take moment to read the below.

The specific rubber tyres makes have been removed, as it is impossible to tell what make of tyre is being used (unless it says on the sidewall e.g. NSR) all rubber tyres that are commercially available are allowed.

Rims need to look somewhat period correct, "deep dish" style wheels were "in" during this time, if you are unsure, paint the wheels and/or ask.

I have tried to clarify the use of penalty points, and when repairs are allowed. I have also added that cars cannot be upgraded (for improved performance) during the series.
    Last edited by F1Fan; 11-04-2017, 10:13 PM. Reason: updated with payments

Please count me in for 2018. I promise to do better
    Aloha
    Dale

Comment

Originally posted by aloha View Post
      Please count me in for 2018. I promise to do better
      Aloha
      Dale
      Me too #3 please.

Comment

I'll try again #9

Thanks,
        Steve

Comment

Chris

I will try again: I just HAVE to do better this time.

If Coquitlam Kid (whom after the Silverado round I understand is now AKA "Tequila Richard"...) does NOT want his #52 again I would like to request that please. If he does want the number could I ask for #82 please?

Thanks!

Alwyn

Comment

I'm in again. Pulling that Moby Dick Porsche for a BMW M1. It will get a re-paint as the #51 is currently entered by Gas41T. Hopefully it will be a better performer.

I will make an attempt at decals and it will be the #53.

Arrold

Comment

Soooooo. .. then Radarek is in too with 27 please. Car TBA.
              Will host round of course hopefully on new track.
              Regards Dariusz aka radarek

Comment

Top 10 barely is not good enough, ha hah, I will try again. Car and number to be determined, thanks!

Leo,

Comment

I'm in

I am in.

Comment

OK I'm in too with my #10.

This proxy is very well run Chris , thanks for organizing.

Rob

Comment

Another #60 for me next series please.

Cheers
                      Chris Walker

Comment

Okkie Dokkie I'll give it another shot,#54 please

Comment

Chris,

Can we re-visit your suggestion of this being a "West Coast" event? I think that is too restrictive and not fair to many who have supported this series from the start. Personally, I like the idea of a 10-race series with one throw-away score, but I really think that the racing needs to be spread out across the two countries and needs to be 5 events in each, not 4 and 6 as it was this year. The "Round 0" pre-run should always be wherever the Organizer is, it is a nice idea and sets the tone for the series.

I think if we run all the Canadian rounds first then all the US rounds, we can reduce the mailing costs a bit, by not crossing the borders as often.

That said, please hold me a spot. If Leon wins this year, he can decide whether he wants the #1 or not, and then I will choose after that.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by gascarnut View Post
                            Chris,

Can we re-visit your suggestion of this being a "West Coast" event? I think that is too restrictive and not fair to many who have supported this series from the start. Personally, I like the idea of a 10-race series with one throw-away score, but I really think that the racing needs to be spread out across the two countries and needs to be 5 events in each, not 4 and 6 as it was this year. The "Round 0" pre-run should always be wherever the Organizer is, it is a nice idea and sets the tone for the series.

I think if we run all the Canadian rounds first then all the US rounds, we can reduce the mailing costs a bit, by not crossing the borders as often.

That said, please hold me a spot. If Leon wins this year, he can decide whether he wants the #1 or not, and then I will choose after that.

Dennis
                            Fully support that opinion. I like to see my car traveling even if this cost a bit more.

RegardsDariusz

Comment

Originally posted by gascarnut View Post
                              Chris,

Dennis
                              I concur with you Dennis!

I think your #1 is pretty secure with the dropping of the lowest scores! Good Luck to you and the field in the final race!

Comment

Working...
                              X