X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group 5 Proxy 2018 - Invitation to host

Hi

We will start this season with a clean slate and extend an invitation to clubs/individuals to host a round of the 2018 Group 5 proxy. We promise that we will provide you with a selection of very fast and amazing cars that will be fun to drive!

PLEASE read the below and confirm
    that you will be able to support the event by following these guidelines.

1) Races will take place on wood tracks in Canada and the USA - we would prefer to have 5 races in each country - but the best venues will receive preference over the 5 race in each country.
    2) Race host must agree to allow EACH & ALL cars to be driven by participating drivers an EQUAL amount of time
    3) All tracks MUST be rubbered in - tracks that do not run rubber tyres on a regular basis, must please allow a sufficient and significant amount of laps with cars (not these proxy cars) to rubber the track in prior to the qualification event.
    4) All cars must be qualified prior to the event by one (same) driver
    5) Reporting on the event is key to a successful proxy and we ask that host's please consider a live video feed, if this is not possible we would appreciate photographs and comments - either way please provide feedback on the cars
    6) All host agree to run the event at a voltage between (min)10 - (max)12 volts
    7) We ask that all race host please try their best to complete the event and ship the cars forward within 3 weekends of receiving the cars
    8) Your event will focus on getting the most from each car, rather than a race between drivers

There will be more details posted on the guidelines e.g. race length and tyre cleaning etc, but the above should give you enough information to allow you to make an informed decision if this is the proxy event for you, and if you would like to volunteer your track.

We absolutely appreciate and understand the effort and the time it takes to host a round and we cannot have this event without the support of our great track host. Our race host's have played a massive role in growing this proxy series to be one of the premium events in North America, we sincerely thank them for their support.

Please review the above and post below your wish to host a round - if you are a new host (not a current Group 5 event) then please include a few details about your track and how you will support the event.

I ask in advance that tracks that are not selected are not offended, we can only select 10 tracks and round 10 is my good fortune to host. [the selection will not be on a first come first serve basis, but rather on a "who can commit to the above guidelines the best".

Thanks again, we look forward to racing on your track!

Chris

Round 0 and Round #10 (confirmed)

These events will take place in Chilliwack BC at my Killarney track.

More details will be posted here, but please take a look at the pictures or video posted in this year's series for reference

Chris

Comment

Edmonton will host again if possible. We will be pleased to drive those cars again.

Best regards
      Dariusz aka radarek

Comment

Pebblestone is available as always.

Comment

Originally posted by F1Fan View Post

PLEASE read the below and confirm
          that you will be able to support the event by following these guidelines.

1) Races will take place on wood tracks in Canada and the USA - we would prefer to have 5 races in each country - but the best venues will receive preference over the 5 race in each country.
          2) Race host must agree to allow EACH & ALL cars to be driven by participating drivers an EQUAL amount of time
          3) All tracks MUST be rubbered in - tracks that do not run rubber tyres on a regular basis, must please allow a sufficient and significant amount of laps with cars (not these proxy cars) to rubber the track in prior to the qualification event.
          4) All cars must be qualified prior to the event by one (same) driver
          5) Reporting on the event is key to a successful proxy and we ask that host's please consider a live video feed, if this is not possible we would appreciate photographs and comments - either way please provide feedback on the cars
          6) All host agree to run the event at a voltage between (min)10 - (max)12 volts
          7) We ask that all race host please try their best to complete the event and ship the cars forward within 3 weekends of receiving the cars
          8) Your event will focus on getting the most from each car, rather than a race between drivers

Chris
          I'd like to host a round on Quail Ridge Speedway.....I can commit to these guidelines with no problem.

Rob

Comment

And I can commit to those rules too even better I will wipe all windshields too. ...
            Have a great day guys

Comment

One door closes...

and another one opens!

OK, in this case one door did not even close! But let me back up a bit.

Luf has really been one of the most amazing people.... OK, I can really stop the sentence right there and it would be perfectly true. But what I MEANT to say was that he has always been one of the most incredible supporters of proxy racing. Just this first part of the year so far he has probably hosted 3 or 4 proxies. So I have sort of been wondering if he has not deserved a bit of a break.

On top of that he is considering moving. And I shudder to even mention the possibility: what will become of us??? Mountains fall on us and hills cover us!!!!

So Chris and I have been talking a bit. And we thought that this is perhaps a good time to inveigle someone else into hosting a Group 5 round for a change, both to give Luf a bit of a break but also just in case his track is not available at that time.

So... drum roll please.... I present to you: Roger's New Track!! I have conned.... ooops, I mean, Roger has graciously LEAPED at the opportunity to host a round of the Fastest Hard Body Proxy in the Known Universe!

While we all know that Luf is the TrackMeister and his Targa is just unbelievable, I think it is wonderful to have a comparable alternate waiting in the wings to share the load a bit for a change. And for those that might not have seen it: I started a thread on Roger's new track here some time ago. I must say I really, really like this track as well. Fast, sweeping corners, nice and wide, challenging.

So: on Roger's behalf I hereby throw our hats... or would those be crash helmets?.. into the ring.

Looking forward to sharing this great opportunity with Roger!

Alwyn

Comment

I would like Redhill Raceway in Santa Rosa,ca . Its a 4 lane wood track. Pictures upon request.

Comment

Originally posted by falcons707 View Post
                  I would like Redhill Raceway in Santa Rosa,ca . Its a 4 lane wood track. Pictures upon request.
                  I have seen the posts from your group but know nothing about your track, can you please review again the guidelines in post #1 and provide more details / pictures of your track.

The key items are:

1) All drivers driving all cars an equal amount of time
                  2) Rubbered in track
                  3) Being able to host and ship the cars forward in a reasonable amount of time

It would also be great to know more about reporting/video capabilities

Thanks again for suggesting your track!

Chris

Comment

Chris,

I'd be happy to host another round.

Comment

Cornwall Autodrome....in

Comment

Originally posted by The Professor View Post
                        Chris,

I'd be happy to host another round.
                        Originally posted by ferrari1950 View Post
                        Cornwall Autodrome....in
                        Thanks John and Marek

At this time we only have Cornwall stepping up for the East, hopefully we can get one or more tracks out that way, otherwise I will have to reconsider shipping the cars that far for only one event.

Here is what I have thus far:

Round 0 - Killarney
                        Round 1 - Superslab
                        Round 2 - The Professor
                        Round 3 - Gascarnut (need to confirm due to Dennis's work schedule)
                        Round 4 - Smokeio (Shoreliners)
                        Round 5 - TBD
                        Round 6 - Ferrari1950 (TBC)
                        Round 7 - TBD
                        Round 8 - Radarek
                        Round 9 - CGYRacer
                        Round 10 - F1Fan

Please speak with your mates/club about hosting a round - BUT PLEASE - review the hosting guidelines to ensure that anyone that steps up can make an informed decision about holding a round.

I do have some options in Kelowna and locally, so there is no need to panic, but it would be great to have a selection of rubber friendly tracks from across North America.

Chris
                        Last edited by F1Fan; 06-17-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Chris,

Round #3 will work for me, thanks.

Dennis

Comment

Happy to announce that Smokeio (Shoreliners) has volunteered to host a round at Wade's track.

Although this track runs silicone mostly, he will prep the track specially for our rubber tyre'd cars

Did I perhaps miss anyone else that volunteered? Would love to get another US venue that is rubber friendly and will support the event as per the hosting guidelines.

Chris

Comment

More info on Redhill Raceway, with Pics

Originally posted by F1Fan View Post
                              I have seen the posts from your group but know nothing about your track, can you please review again the guidelines in post #1 and provide more details / pictures of your track.

The key items are:

1) All drivers driving all cars an equal amount of time
                              2) Rubbered in track
                              3) Being able to host and ship the cars forward in a reasonable amount of time

It would also be great to know more about reporting/video capabilities
                              My name's Steve, and since Nate was having trouble posting pictures of our track, I'm going to post some, for him, and I'll try to answer some of your concerns, as well.

We are currently racing primarily on a 4-lane wood track, situated in Nate's garage, at his home in Santa Rosa, CA. It's a really fun track to race on, especially due to its downhill, curving, squeeze section, which is challenging, but flows nicely. Some photos:

As to the requirements...

1.) It is a wood track located in Santa Rosa, CA, which, as of this writing, is still part of the USA. :-)

Speaking on behalf of the club, for the rest...

2.) We agree to to allow EACH & ALL cars to be driven by participating drivers an EQUAL amount of time.

3.) Our track is used on a regular basis, and we only use rubber tires. Nate regularly lays additional rubber on the track, before each race. Therefore, we can assure that the track will be sufficiently "rubbered in", before any proxy racing begins.

4.) Being our most consistent driver, and having 24/7 access to the track, I'm sure that Nate will be the one who will qualify the cars.

5.) We always take photos, and post recaps of our races, and we gladly commit to complete documentation of the proxy race. In addition, we are seriously looking into live-streaming the race.
                              (Since I'm the "tech guy", that'll be my responsibility" I don't see any reason why that can't happen. I'm open to suggestions on the best platform for live-steaming, but Facebook Live comes to mind...)

6.) We always run at 10 volts, and we have an adjustable power supply. We can run at whatever voltage is required, but 10 volts is preferred.

7.) We will commit to completing the race, and shipping the cars forward, within three weeks.

8.) We will certainly commit to ensuring that getting the most from each car is prioritized over the individual drivers' egos. :-)

I'm sure Nate will have stuff to add, but please feel free to ask us any additional questions that you might have, and we will do our best to answer them promptly.

Cheers,

Steve P.

Comment

Working...
                              X