X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alexis in greece
    started a topic International Proxy Series 2018 car returns

International Proxy Series 2018 car returns

I started the return procedure,the cars are photographed inside out and tech sheet will be completed with missing data.I also found that the psu i was using tfor rev counting was giving erratic voltage so this might be the reason for some stange resilts,i will redo it.8 cars are already packed and ready to go.The aim is to post most cars next week but i am missing some addresses:

Brumos RSR
    Bigtone
    Barc1
    Jim O
    Duke7777
    Mnewns
    ALS
    ZeGas
    PETER GUNN
    sh0wtym37
    I am also witing a reply from those receiving a trophy (Peter Gunn replied already) do you wnat your full name on the trophy?Ithis is what i am waiting to order the trophies.

• sh0wtym37
    replied
    PM replied.

thanks,
    Jason

Leave a comment:

• alexis in greece
    replied
    PM sent
    Last edited by alexis in greece; 09-04-2019, 01:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sh0wtym37
    replied
    Have not seen mine yet.. may need to send me the tracking number..
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• Doubl-B
    replied
    Oh, and thx for the tires and inserts!
    BB

Leave a comment:

• Mitch58
    replied
    I got mine, in great shape.

Thanks Alexis.

Leave a comment:

• Doubl-B
    replied
    Alexis:
    Mine made it back to the US okay. Haven't opened the box yet, but I'm sure it's ok.
    Thanks for running the event and I'm looking forward to IPS 2019 - 2020?
    Regards
    BB

Leave a comment:

• Ecurie Martini
    replied
    Arrival and Autopsy:

#6 arrived today and was immediately given over to the "coroner" to see if cause(s) for its markedly lackluster performance could be found. Here is the preliminary report

Gross findings:

The 3D printed motor pod was fractured clear through in 3 places. This permitted the motor to move enough so that the gears could range from fully locked to completely disengaged. There was no evidence on the metal perimeter chassis or body shell of any accident sufficiently severe to account for the observation.

Comment: While recognizing that this application may represent an extreme (small FF 050 motor, narrow pod, thin sections) this finding calls into question the use of this technology for long term use. Pending further closely monitored experimentation, we shall revert to all metal chassis construction.

On initial dissection:

The BWA motor was removed and bench tested with a calibrated power supply, lightweight propeller load and a model aircraft tachometer. The readings were 2500-3000 RPM below the range usually seen for these motors.

Comment: At one point it was reported that the cockpit assembly had come loose and fouled the left rear wheel. The current hypothesis is that this drag caused severe internal heating possibly leading to insulation damage and partial shorting of one or more of the armature poles.

This report will be amended should more information emerge.

EM

Leave a comment:

• Ecurie Martini
    replied
    Arrival and Autopsy:

#6 arrived today and was immediately given over to the "coroner" to see if cause(s) for its markedly lackluster performance could be found. Here is the preliminary report:

Gross findings:

The 3D printed motor pod was fractured clear through in 3 places. This permitted the motor to move enough so that the gears could range from fully locked to completely disengaged. There was no evidence on the metal perimeter chassis or body shell of any accident sufficiently severe to account for the observation.

Comment: While recognizing that this application may represent an extreme (small FF 050 motor, narrow pod, thin sections) this finding calls into question the use of this technology for long term use. Pending further closely monitored experimentation, we shall revert to all metal chassis construction.

On initial dissection:

The BWA motor was removed and bench tested with a calibrated power supply, lightweight propeller load and a model aircraft tachometer. The readings were 2500-3000 RPM below the range usually seen for these motors.

Comment: At one point it was reported that the cockpit assembly had come loose and fouled the left rear wheel. The current hypothesis is that this drag caused severe internal heating possibly leading to insulation damage and partial shorting of one or more of the armature poles.

This report will be amended should more information emerge.

EM

Leave a comment:

• alexis in greece
    replied
    First batch in the post today:
    #5,6,8,9,17,19,21,25,46,60,66,68,86,168,170
    All cars are posted signed for and i have tracking numbers should you need them
    Please drop me a line when they arrive.

Leave a comment:

• alexis in greece
    replied
    First batch in the post today:
    #5,6,8,9,17,19,21,25,46,60,66,68,86,168,170
    All cars sre posted signed for and i have tracking numbers should you need them
    Please drop me a line when they arrive.

Leave a comment:

• alexis in greece
    replied
    Still missing some addresses
    Bigtone
    Barc1
    Duke7777
    Mnewns
    ALS
    sh0wtym37

Leave a comment: