Round 6 - The River Run

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 6 - The River Run

The second Maine track isn't fully operational right now; undergoing some updates. So, the race that was going to take place at Sam's track will be held at the River Run in Merrimac, MA.

The track was completed in June of this year and is a 60', 3-lane, latex painted, routed mfd layout, with recessed braid. Its usually run at 10V and is more technical than fast. A good lap time is in the mid-6 second range.

Here's are a couple of pics of the track:

I plan to pick up the cars from George tomorrow. The qualification and race may be 2-3 weeks out though, due to prior weekend commitments. If that timeframe is not OK, then let me know and I'll send them on to the next venue.

Allan

Nice track Allen, the cars should perform well on it from my results.
    The cars are boxed and ready to go, see you this afternoon.

George

Comment

We're going to try to fit this race in either next weekend (October 3rd/4th) or the following weekend (October 10th/11th), so sooner than originally expected.

Allan

Comment

The race date is now firmed up; it will be Saturday, October 10th. Three drivers are lined up, along with a couple of marshals; I'll be manning the computer/race results. Qualifying will take place mid-next week and results will be posted by the end of day on the 12th.

Allan

Comment

Qualifying tomorrow; Bob Bianchi from Slot Car Corner is coming down to run the qualy for us.

Three drivers lined up for the race on Saturday, so at this point things are looking good.

Allan

Comment

Here are the results of today's qualifying runs. We were set back a day due to sickness, but Bob ran the cars today and everything went very smoothly.

A fun group of cars to run; everything from hooked up too well (deslots) to being too loose (slower).

O Class (best lap /average of 10 laps)

1. #87 - 6.460 / 6.663 (home track advantage)
            2. #99 - 6.516 / 6.560 (this will be the car to beat on this track; best combination of speed and handling)
            3. #48 - 6.698 / 6.80 (runs strong, easy to push hard, good balance between traction and sliding)
            4. #21 - 6.785 / 6.84 (fast, just a little loose on this track, got better each lap)
            5. #53 - 6.872 / 7.03 (fast, but loose exiting the turns)
            6. #1 - 6.904 / 7.29 (good balance, could use a little more motor)
            7. #04 - 6.926 / 7.03 (loose in the turns, hard to push)
            8. #111 - 6.994 /7.07 (great looking car, gets loose in the turns, spends too much time off-line)
            9. # 42 - 7.102 /7.22 (looser than the others, speed slows exiting turns because of tail-outs)

U Class (best lap / average of 10 laps)

1. #4 - 7.261 / 7.33 (home track advantage)
            2. #57 - 7.542 /9.87 (good car, lots of body roll, stays in the slot)
            3. #38 - 7.996 / 8.05 (a little noisy, may have some gear misalignment)

That's it for the qualy's; next up is the race on Saturday; October 10th.

Pics and video to follow.

Allan
            Last edited by Audi1; 10-09-2015, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Here are the pics:

Videos, if I can get them to upload, will follow..........

Allan

Comment

Thanks Allan and team,i hope you enjoyed it

Comment

Here are the links to the videos on YouTube (for some reason I don't seem to be able to upload the videos directly into this post..........(?).

First a U-Class car in the qualy; Alexis' #57:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHzrQYwneF0

Second an O-Class car; Alexis' #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_CDsUAg50

Finally, a pan shot of the field:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsh_selfE3o

More pics and videos after the race on Saturday.

Allan
                  Last edited by Audi1; 10-09-2015, 04:21 AM.

Comment

The race is in the books! And the Dynamic Duo from New Zealand did it again!

Here are the results by class:

U-Class

Place / Car # / Total Laps Completed

1 / #4 / 68.1
                    2 / #57 / 63.4
                    3 . #38 / 60.2

O-Class

Place / Car # / Total Laps Completed

1 / #48 / 77.1
                    2 / #99 / 76.7
                    3 / #87 / 74.9
                    4 / #21 / 73.3 (Fastest Lap tie breaker - 6.81 sec.)
                    5 / #04 / 73.3 (Fastest lap tie breaker - 6.91 sec.)
                    6 / #1 / 72.8
                    7 / #42 / 71.4
                    8 / #53 / 69..4
                    7 / #111 / 68.2

Here are the pics of the O-Class and U-Class podium winners:

Congrats to everyone in the race! These were a fun group of cars to run.

A big thanks to the drivers: Matt, Jeff and Sam, and to George and Bob for helping with the marshaling. Thanks guys!

A couple of videos to follow tomorrow.

Where is the next round, Alexis?

Allan
                    Last edited by Audi1; 10-12-2015, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks Allan and congratulations to that dastardly Dave who keeps winning all these proxies!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Jeremy. Yes, we're going to have to find a way to slow down the cars that come from DRW............

In the meantime, here are a couple of video clips of the action today; the first from a U-Class heat (easy to get all of the cars in a single clip........), the other one from an O-Class heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0BtITHonr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05YDeS8dL08

Enjoy the videos - we enjoyed the racing!

PS If anyone can tell me how to upload YouTube videos directly into a thread without having to post the link, then I will convert the links in this post and the previous one into direct videos.

Allan
                        Last edited by Audi1; 10-10-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Na we just have to find a way to catch up. :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

The cars were mailed today to Art for his Round #7 at The Ring in Ontario.

I also built a new box for the cars, the old one was not looking particularly promising. This one has styrofoam sides/top/bottom and plenty of bubble wrap padding. Cars are individually wrapped in tissue followed by bubble wrap. I'll message Art to be sure that he knows that they're coming his way.

Allan

Comment

I have PM's Art twice now in the last week, asking if he has received the cars that I mailed on October 19th; still no reply from him on either message.

Alexis, could you please check into this? Thanks.

Best,

Allan

Comment

Working...
                              X