• Show
Clear All

• Next race at kidvoltage

Cars are being packed up.

We'll be ready.

Comment

Cars are there

Comment

Welcome to Oregon. The weather is great!

Cars have arrived. I'll get them unboxed in the next day or so and give them a test run. We're planning three rounds on three different tracks. Give us a few days to come to grips with the schedule and we'll start releasing event info.

Comment

Okay, waiting.

Comment

First event scheduled for this Thursday at Too Bad Motorplex in Fairview. It's a normal race night, we'll fit it in.

Comment

Pictures and information about the TooBad Motorplex track can be found here:

http://www.naste.org/index.cfm

Comment

We're proud to announce the Oregon rounds will be sponsored by BOSA Tires. The top finishers of the three Oregon events combined will each receive a free set of 1:32 scale BOSA tires. We'll go three deep in the Over 2 Liter class and 2 deep in the Under 2 Liter class.

Good luck to you all.

And thanks to BOSA Tires!

You can visit them here:
                www.bosatires.com
                Last edited by kidvoltage; 08-30-2016, 09:23 AM.

Comment

We kicked off the Oregon portion last night with our first race at Too Bad Motorplex in Fairview, Oregon.

The evening began with regular race night activities - a Can Am/USSRC class followed by a Lemans class with 14 racers in attendance. But once those were out of the way it was time to turn our attention to the proxy cars.

For starters two cars were problems right out of the box. Car #48 needed to have the front body post re-attached and the #0 VW was a bundle of issues. Bounce and scrape problems. But after some tinkering both cars were pronounced fit. So with track voltage set to 10V and a whole host of helpers the event began with the Over 2 Liter cars. Drivers for the first segment were Rico, Goose and Greenman. The cars proved fast, fun and sometimes frantic.

While Audi1 was walking the dog on the rest of the field Aaroldn was hot on the heels of Aloha fighting to gain the second spot on the podium. Nip and tuck to the finish but Aloha was able to hold onto second.

Next up, the Under 2 Liter class. Drivers were Al, Mitch and DocDoom.

Cars were a little toned down compared to the fire breathers of the over 2 liter class. You could see it in the less-frightened expressions from the corner workers. Bringing the small hammer was the #33 Porsche of Brumos RSR. Audi1 squeezed into second place preventing a 1-2 sweep for Brumos.

Thanks to all our helpers, it was a fun night. In two weeks time we'll be across town at the Ripin' Ridin' Raceway for the second of the Oregon events. Stay tuned.

Comment

Never expected the tippy 33 to beat the #79 amazing how proxy racing works. Congratulations to the podium builders. Let's look to grow this series in 2017!!

Comment

Thanks for running the first of the Oregon Rounds, Monte and crew!

Just noticed - the O-class is actually the "A Team". If your SCI handle doesn't start with an A, then you're not in this race!!

Congrats to the podium finishers; good to see some close racing among the entrants!

That #33 looks really good, Tony!

Allan

Comment

Hey Oregonians thanks for the run. I agree it would be great to see all proxies get bigger
                        Monte if time permits I've seen the tops of all the cars. Was wondering what is underneath...chassis and motor configuration
                        Have fun and happy Labor Day
                        Aloha
                        Dale

Originally posted by Audi1 View Post

Just noticed - the O-class is actually the "A Team". If your SCI handle doesn't start with an A, then you're not in this race!!

Congrats to the podium finishers; good to see some close racing among the entrants!

Allan

Comment

Nothing beats a Porsche 1-2 finish!

Originally posted by Audi1 View Post

Allan
                          Last edited by Brumos RSR; 09-02-2016, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Funny, I looked at it as a Porsche "2,1" finish.....................

Just kiddin' - continued good luck to the #33 car.

Allan

Comment

Thanks for the run. HRS chassis under the #48 doesn't seem to have an advantage over the stock chassis or is that just my poor chassis setup!!!!!!

I have two many cars in this class. I've got to get a small car to go into the smaller class but when I entered I was cash strapped to purchase a car and had sent in the bargain 3 for $50 registration fee. Maybe next year.

Maybe I spoke to fast the #48 HRS chassis beat both of my stock chassis cars at Austins. Horses for courses!

The A Team
                              Last edited by arroldn; 09-03-2016, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X