This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11th hour cha%^&$*nges

these motor rules have been posted since 7/8/08 and NOW we are debating. hate to see some guys not participate but that is their decision. can't change rules six months into the process.

Comment

Originally posted by fangio View Post
      these motor rules have been posted since 7/8/08 and NOW we are debating. hate to see some guys not participate but that is their decision. can't change rules six months into the process.
      Fangio, I normally would agree with you 100%. But we are dealing with some of the same people who lobbied to have the rules changed on another proxy series AFTER the series was over with. If we can have a rules changed after the series is over with, we can change the rules before a series starts.

Comment

I would like to see more motors for GT1, there are new motors that have come out and it would be nice to see them used and see how they perform. One of the upsides of GT class is that the bodies offer more room for tuning than LMP and is why I think we see them performing so well against the tightly confined LMP bodies.

Maintain the downforce rule and open up the motor LMP motor list to GT1. If you think a monster motor will be faster in the hands of someone that has never used one before then go for it.

Opening up the motor list isn't going to change my motor choice but it would be nice see both tuning theories going head to head.

GT2 and 3 will probably be the faster cars anyway.

Comment

'09 raa

my feelings are that the raa is a delicate entity. any crack and things will start to fall apart. i am not aware of proxy rules being changed after the racing has been completed but i'm sure it happened. we are dealing with peoples emotions and the pride of setting up race rules that we racers follow. when we criticize we are hitting the core of those emotions.

Comment

yes siree bob...

Originally posted by fangio View Post
            i am not aware of proxy rules being changed after the racing has been completed but i'm sure it happened.
            The 2008 Slot It Shootout....

Comment

Originally posted by John Schoen View Post
              The NC2 is a great motor for home tracks. My red label NC2 is 1,400 rpm slower at 12 V than my best NC5 and that one already ran out of oomph on some of the longer RAA tracks in 2008. It must be pretty boring watching the car crawl to the end of the straight on tracks like Ace Hobby, 132Slotcar and Area 51.
              Try running 2.5:1 gearing or even higher, NC-2s come alive with tall gearing! Try it, you'll see.

Comment

hehe. try around 2.14:1

Comment

Hello

As far as I'm concerned "rules is rules" and to be honest I didn't think too much about the motor sizes when I decided to go with a GT1 entry. No one is being forced to enter a GT1 car and there are plenty of other options.

I have watched all sorts of motor racing and some of the best have been Caterham 7's and Mini racing over here in the UK club scene and they certainly don't have the power of a F1 or LMP.

Mind you a race series without some dissension would be pretty boring wouldn't it!! Wait till the racing starts and I win everything in the GT1 class

Nick

Comment

I am building a lightweight this year, so I won't use an NC-2. My car has shed 45 grams by just removing the lead and changing the motor.

Comment

Just so you know, John, you're the only one who can actually see those pink elephants ...

Comment

I know, and I am quite happy like that.

Comment

Those of you who, like me, are subscribed to this Thread will have just discovered that some unidentified SCI Member has come along and clicked on the Poll, resurrecting it after almost four years since its inception.

So to avoid confusion, I'm just using my mighty Moderator powers to close it; Redlynr will no doubt let me know if he wants discussion to be resumed at this point in time.

p.s. Wet Coast Engineering recommend that GT1 entrants consider the virtues of the Slot.it 23k Black Can.

Comment

Working...
                          X