4TH RAAce, "The Coffin", Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4TH RAAce, "The Coffin", Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hosted by Dr.Vanski and Reckless Racer, the 4th RAAce of the 2006 series will be run on the 85' 2 lane sport track known as "The Coffin". Aptly named by Mrs. Reckless, due to the toy car carnage and perhaps the closing lid feature of the track, It is worthwhile noting that this track has been resurfaced with Ralph Lauren River Rock latex. The added grip of the textured paint allows for Ninco Classic lap times of 10 seconds, running at 14 volts on the Trackmate variable voltage 10 amp power supply. Heavy magged LMP's, such as a scaley MG Lola, can turn under 6 seconds with the loud meter turned up to 16 volts.

Barring unforseen Border skirmishes, the Dr. and I will be transporting the RAA contingent into Canada on Saturday March 4th. Qualifying for both classes is scheduled for Friday March 10th. GTS class will be raced on Saturday March 11th. LMP will go on Sunday March 12th. Voltage for each class has yet to be determined, but extensive testing will occur.

The Coffin Event!

Well, I don't know about the rest of you guys and girls, but after the Icebreaker and the first three races - particularly the last one at Ace Hobby, this year's first big track, with something approaching adequate voltage and the mysterious magnetic downforce thing - I'm wondering if I know anything useful about building RAA cars.

Does this mean that I will now become shy and reticent, instead of displaying my usual never ending optimistic ebullience?

The Coffin is going to be an interesting RAA twist I figure, with some interesting elements. Hopefully the boys will have managed to find a two four of Lucky to them through next weekend, eh?

Last edited by Wet Coast Racer; 03-03-2006, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Have you thought about the shipping method from you to me Dr V?
      Air Canada, air cargo maybe?
      Greyhound Bus?
      Thank You
      Brent
      Visit my web site for your track timing options.

Comment

Shipping RAAce cars

Greyhound would probably be most affordable. I'm sure we'll have a better idea once we see the size of the box.

Comment

A 19inch monitor box is what I'm thinking.
          Thank You
          Brent

Comment

Just take the good Dr's large collection of track and lay it out in a straight line due west. Plonk the cars down and give 'em about 100 volts, when they re-enter the atmosphere, they should fall into Brent's back yard.

Comment

Just do that to bluetoes591's car, send mine on the bus
              Thank You
              Brent

Comment

If you run the LMP/LMR's at 14 volts you had better put some pillows at the end of the main straight for a certain blue/green LMR
                Dan
                Ace Hobby Racing

Comment

14 volts! fugetaboudit dude. With the increased gription levels of the "resurfaced" track, higher cornering speeds and acceleration trajectories are acheivable somewhere north of 14 volts for those LMP magsleds. The limiting factor will be the aerodynamic lift-off point of some cars approaching the dreaded "hump" located on the backstraight. Perhaps not as daunting as a certain downhill section located on the Wetcoast raceway, this is nonetheless where cars with a rearward weight bias and snappy gearing will meet their demise. Extensive testing with a certain canadian liveried porsche should net the correct voltage levels applicable to this leg of the RAA.

Comment

fantastic plastic

Bring it!

This photo is from a BFOS night race, prior to landscaping. The comet tails of the headlights show how undulating this circuit is. The proliferation of hydrelectric, coal, and nuclear power stations in the province of Ontario means MORE POWER!

Comment

If you run the LMP/LMR's at 14 volts you had better put some pillows at the end of the main straight for a certain blue/green LMR
                      Perhaps this track will live up to it's name?!? 16 volts?!?!?!?!?

Comment

I resemble that remark!

Extensive testing with a certain canadian liveried porsche should net the correct voltage levels applicable to this leg of the RAA.
                        Now, hold it a moment here ...

Comment

Fabulous track.....

Is that 3 No. Radius one hairpins?....... If so it should be interesting as I don't think I have ever tried my entries on such tight bends. The "hump" also looks lethal.

Can't wait.....

Regards

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by MrBugs
                            Just do that to bluetoes591's car, send mine on the bus
                            I don't happen to have any cars in this years race, but if I did I would go first.

Comment

That is one beeyoutiful track, Eric R. Racer. I am looking forward to a great race as well as some great photos of the overflowing paddock. How you gonna fit 55 cars on there?

I am posting under my backwards name, because my computer crashed and is in the shop. I am using my wife's Dell, on the other side of the room. I may end up losing 100+ pages about RAA '05, including race results and side issues, with pics, as well as the 45+ pages of RAA '06 results and pics I have compiled. Not to mention all my motor test data, lap times for my own and Dave's cars, and every digital photo I have ever shot. Moral: back up dem files!

So it looks like Trebor Nostgnivil will be looking forward to the also-ran performance of the Yltneb and the Socram in the AAR. Onward! (or backward, as the case may be).

Comment

Working...
                              X