October 16th-18th Tacoma WA, Round 5 Scaleracing Endurance Series 24 HR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 16th-18th Tacoma WA, Round 5 Scaleracing Endurance Series 24 HR

24 Hours of Tacoma. This race will be for BRM Cars with lights fitted.

You may use either Slot.it or NINCO light kits. At least one front and one rear light must bev working dring the dark section of the race.

The dark will be as per last year with a subdued lighting not complete darkness.

Cars must make one motor exchange pit stop at some time during the race. All Pit Stops must be completed before the 23 hour starts. Any time not finishing their Pit Stop by the start of the 23rd Hour will be penalised the amount of time they run over. So if they are over y 2 minutes they will be held in the Pits for a further 2 minutes penalty.

All work on cars can only be carried out under Green on the Tech Table, no cars will go into the Pit Room for work or repairs.
    Is this date and format still correct? If so who is attending? I have the go ahead to race that weekend!!

OK, I'll go next...

Team Elvins is returning this year

I just need the confirmation on the race weekend so I can make plans.

tim

Comment

Other than spelling it's correct.

The 24 Hour race is on the schedule and the format has not changed.

Due to the trip to Italy the Sept 18th race has been canceled, we will probably not have time to make that race up this year.

So the last 2 races in the 2009 Scaleracing Series will be the 24 hour and the 12 Hour Drivers championship in November.

There was also a plan to run a NINCO Cup race and SCX but I am not sure if people can afford to attend all these race this year.

We could run the on the 24 hour weekend on Sunday if racers get enough sleep Saturday night and still want to race Slot cars on the Sunday.

The timetable is flexible but i would like to start the 24 hour race early evening so it ends early the next and allows people quality sleep time Saturday night.

Tentative plan is to run the race from 7.00 PM Friday till 7.00 PM Saturday.

If this works we could then find time for the NINCO Cup and SCX Races Sunday at 10.00 AM start and finish by 4.00 PM Sunday.

Let me know your interest asap.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

I am going to bow out of the NINCO and SCX this year. The money and racing burnout the big two factors for me.

Because of work Sat. morning to Sun. morning is better for me.

Comment

Last edited by daisyslots; 12-22-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

MO'DK Racing is???

Glad to see you entering

Comment

Ye gods, is it that time again, already?

What will be the format, this year (yeah I got the 24 hour thing figured out ... )

Comment

What will be the format, this year (yeah I got the 24 hour thing figured out ... )
                Without the boss to verify, I will go out on a limb and say it will be a marshaled race with each driver doing a similar amount of heats in the 24 hrs.I suspect it won't be crash and dash as long as we have turn marshals to connect the straights for you

So Wet Coast Engineering is going to field a team??

Comment

Last edited by daisyslots; 12-22-2009, 12:22 PM.

Comment

The Jagermaster David
                    High Revvin Kevin
                    Mister no brakes himself Tony
                    The Professor
                    The take out artist extraordinaire formerly known as Quick Vic.
                    Be good to see some of the "old" faces again

Comment

Last edited by daisyslots; 12-22-2009, 12:21 PM.

Comment

MO'DK is a rag tag collection of drivers reaching from the far corners of the known Universe (sea-tac)

The Jagermaster David
                        High Revvin Kevin
                        Mister no brakes himself Tony
                        The Professor
                        The take out artist extraordinaire formerly known as Quick Vic.
                        Wow, quite a "Dream Team" you have there.

Comment

Count me in for being there part of the time, but not as team owner.

I plan to race with Team Elvins, although there has been talk of changing the name to Team El Mundo.

So glad to hear that slotbutton (kids too?) will be coming down that weekend. We'll get the couch ready for you, Darren!

Comment

There will be a clarification on the lighting rules.

As posted in June 2009

October 16th-18th Tacoma WA, Round 5 Scaleracing Endurance Series:

24 Hours of Tacoma. This race will be for BRM Cars with lights fitted.

You may use either Slot.it or NINCO light kits. At least one front and one rear light must be working during the dark section of the race.

The dark will be as per last year with a subdued lighting not complete darkness.

Cars must make one motor exchange pit stop at some time during the race. All Pit Stops must be completed before the 23 hour starts. Any time not finishing their Pit Stop by the start of the 23rd Hour will be penalized the amount of time they run over. So if they are over by 2 minutes they will be held in the Pits for a further 2 minutes penalty.

All work on cars can only be carried out under Green on the Tech Table, no cars will go into the Pit Room for work or repairs.

I will post the modification after today's racing.

Also we will have a tire change rule added.

You will need to run at least 2 separate segments on trued slip on Shore 22 tires, while this is happening your race tires will be held in your Pit Box.

You can not change tires and motor at the same time.

We will rotate through the lanes 6 times. Due to the race program there will be a short stop at half way to reset the Computer, this will allow the full 24 Hours to run, as previously the program stopped with about 15 minutes to go.

We need to get Teams to speak up and Pre Enter this Event.

Entry is $100.00 per Team pre entry.

Entry after next weekend October 10th is $125.00 per Team.

We will assign corners to be Marshalled by each Team, anyone not Marshalling their corner will be docked a 10% penalty on laps that heat with a minimum of 10 laps lost.

4 Hours of subdued lighting will be run, all cars must have at least one front and one rear light on constantly during that time. No flickering on/off lights will be counted as one of those lights.

You may not modify the loop on the motor leads for quick change of motors.

This post will be added to after the weekend.

See you at the Races.
                            Alan Smith
                            SCI Owner.
                            www.scaleracing.com
                            www.slotcarillustrated.com
                            www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                            www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Cody's 2009 Allstars at 24 Hours of Tacoma

Cody's Allstar's is still looking for some help at the 24 HR, mostly Friday night. Here's who's signed up so far.

1. Cody
                              2. Erik with a K
                              3. Roger Fossum
                              4. Open??

We are still looking for some drivers!

You only need to bring your controller. Team KD or DK will be handling
                              ALL the wrenching work. So come on out and burn up some laps with us.

HRK
                              Last edited by HRK; 10-14-2009, 08:48 PM. Reason: Drop out!

Comment

Working...
                              X