No announcement yet.

2012 Scratchbuilt Chassis Proxy - Round 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually it wasn't tiring at all. Started at 6, finished by 8. Everyone was really pleased to have been involved and all had a great time.

Mike, your chassis wasn't damaged apart from one of mounts for the body popped off and can easily be glued back on. The next race won't be for at least 3 weeks which gives you lots of time to build that new body you're working on.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Racer View Post
      I'll grind a flat spot on the axle for the grub screw to bind on if you want me to. That would stop this happening again.
      Yes please

Comment

Originally posted by dangermouse View Post
        Looks like it was someone from the grassy knoll with an elephant gun

DM
        Yep a BFG!

Comment

Thanks guys!
          Don M

Comment

Originally posted by HarVWallbanger View Post
            Yep a BFG!

I will not be within 500 miles of you in season!!!

Comment

Not me! Just a web pic! Mine is smaller..... wait that did not come out right....! I call him cuz Barneybob

Comment

Ya picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel

Thanks to the track host and all of the racers. And congrats to all the podiumites! I told that dang pit crew to check the lugnuts! Oh well maybe better next round.
                Pat Rolland

Comment

4th place was a little unexpected although I had hoped the Capri would perform well. Congrats to Ken, Paul and Matt and thanks to Paul for the work done on my car to enable it to finish so high up the table! The Aston is a real sorry sight and my commiserations to Mike. Really looking forward to see how things will pan out in Round 2.

Comment

Congrat's to the podium finishers, tough break for the Aston...outside of the no longer available Resilient Resin's vinyl mix bodies I would be afraid to run a resin car for that very reason. Paul, if you can, soldering.... some straight piano wire downstops on the outside of the pans and that go over the motor carrier should stop the hopping and would seem to be the easiest fix. No need to solder to the motor carrier. The chassis is designed to generate maximum traction which does not seem necessary there and this will in effect turn it into pan chassis. You said in an earlier post the solder joint on the motor had come loose? That is secured well now?

Without running on the track tuning the torsion bars is an iffy proposition but apparently stiffer is better. Thanks for the help!!

Comment

Should be easy to do and makes sense. I'll use 2 pieces, one for each side. I'll double check the motor too.

There are 2 other chassis in this proxy that are similar to your design but both have movable side pods which seem to make things work better on our tracks.

Comment

Hey Paul do you think you could put a drop of light oil on my rear bushings while you are working on the cars?

Thanks Ken

Comment

Originally posted by mmmoose1 View Post
                          Hey Paul do you think you could put a drop of light oil on my rear bushings while you are working on the cars?

Thanks Ken
                          Methinks perhaps a couple of drops of super glue would probably be more beneficial to the rest of us!!!!

Comment

No worries Ken, I should have some 90 grade koala oil somewhere. Just have to find the old spatula to apply it and I think the last place I saw it was in the kid's sand pit.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmoose1 View Post

Thanks Ken
                              This is a routine proceedure before each round is it not? A routine maintenance proceedure like cleaning the tires before each heat and making sure the braids are clean.

Now if the bushings are buried like a certain ATS was in the 2011-12 VRAA, well, that's another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Racer View Post
                                The race has been run and I have never seen so many problems with cars in one night.

One cooked itís motor, another destroyed itís body, another lost its braid and also had a wheel fall off and 2 cars had gears go loose in the middle of a race.

Cheers

Paul

This reminds me of the CEO/or equivalent explanation: "Mistakes were made". What a masochistic car to destroy it's own body.

Comment

Working...
                                X