This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Schoen View Post
    Are the NSR Renault Clio and Fiat Punto considered too far out of scale or could they be added to the list?

I'll add them to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by bov View Post
      I guess the stipulation that all tracks be routed wood means that I'm not hosting a round..... I thought some of Monte's track group were also Sport tracks.... Oh well....
      Methinks I see an edit for the better!
      All tracks will be routed wood or Scalextric Sport and run on 12v unless race hosts specifically request to run on 11v.
      Hopefully this means Sydney's greatest Proxy Host will get to play with our cars, too!

Comment

Ford falcon

Hey,
        Just wondering which ford falcon is on the list, meaning what model
        Please as I might enter !!!

Rossko

Ps. If Tony is hosting I might as well as I just made contact with him so no cost for
        Postage

Comment

If you think you can get a Falcon running as well as my Calibra you're welcome to enter whatever model you want. Don't forget windows must be clear and has to have a driver/interior.
          Last edited by Sports Racer; 06-03-2017, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Ok

Hey Paul,
            That's a challenge,
            but I like a good Challenge how about a ford Xb
            With a lancia lc2 grp C slotit chassis !!

Rossko

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Racer View Post
              If you think you can get a Falcon running as well as my Calibra you're welcome to enter whatever model you want. Don't forget windows must be clear and has to have a driver/interior.
              So can you just paint the whole thing orange?

Comment

Opel?

Falcon?

Holden, a moment!

Comment

Please add me to the list with a Renault Clio, #27.

Comment

The original idea for this proxy was to run TOURING cars--Mercedes, Audi, BMW DTM cars, Peugeot 406, Alfa, and similar cars that ran in the touring car series. Renault Clios and Fiat Puntos are NOT, IMO, touring cars. They run in a totally different class. It seems to me this revival is getting away from the original idea. I think in the original series, the cars had to use the stock body, interior and chassis, and silicone tires were also allowed. This is not what i envisioned when i suggested we bring it back. Oh well, I hope it works out.

Tom

Comment

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't have bothered signing up if it had been strictly limited to touring cars; there just aren't enough different choices imho, and virtually nothing useful amongst what I already own.

Most proxy series have to allow for diversity in both type and era to present a reasonable number of options for entrants, so this isn't unusual, to my mind.

Meanwhile, this thread's only five days old (six in Australia) and already the field's half full.

Comment

Tom, the original proxy hasn't been run for 3 years, more than enough time for anyone to offer to bring it back in it's original format.

Next year I might insist on the touring cars you have listed but the first step is to get this proxy back on it's feet and people interested in entering.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Entry fee US$25, first race in October. Cars must be posted to me in Australia by Monday, September 18, 2017. 3 months should be enough time to build a car.

By setting a postal date, not a received date it allows for delays in the post and makes sure no-one has to pay extra for priority service.

Comment

Solid plan (he remarked, with amazement). Summer - in the civilized world - is a great time to be building, but winter is the time when people are most into racing.

Was this your wife's idea?

Comment

I was thinking of you. At your age you would have a hard time squeezing out the JB Weld from it's tube in the colder months.

I know, just call me Mr Considerate.
                              Last edited by Sports Racer; 06-04-2017, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Sign me up,all tbd.

Thanks,
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X