This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Steve

Entries are officially past the half way mark.

Comment

Paul, add me in please with a Mercedes CLK DTM - the bodyshell has been languishing on my shelf for the last 7 - 8 years waiting for an opportunity to be geared up for a race!

I'll take #6. Now to work up a chassis for it.

Comment

Good to see you here.

If the bodyshell is the same wheelbase as the Ninco Mercedes CLK there's a lot of chassis you could adapt from other cars.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Under the category of "I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"...

My SCTCC entry will now definitely be either the #66 Peugeot Coupe (ex 2011 / 2012 SCITCC) or the #33 Brut Falcon (ex 2015 CanAm Proxy) - yes, I'm big on recycling.....

But probably the Falcon - it does look mean mounted on the 'alternate' chassis...

Definitely not #99...

Comment

Added a couple more entries to the list. Only 8 more then we start putting people on the reserve list.

Comment

Enter Me!

Oh WTF throw me in the game. I don't know what I'm running yet

Comment

You're in. Just go to the cupboard with all your cars in it. Find something that in real life could be used to take the wife shopping (and fit all the shopping in + a set of golf clubs) and you've got your car.

Now go to the shelf that has all your fast cars and find one whose wheelbase matches your shopping car and work out how you're going to fit it.

Simple.

And welcome to the proxy.

Paul

Comment

Oh dear.

Even if Tony can come up with the entry fee - don't accept a cheque - and borrow a car from someone, this is going to lower the tone of this whole series.

Comment

Count me in. All things TBD

Comment

I'm going to change my entry a bit. We already have several Alfa 155s entered so I'm going to change mine to a Fly Alfa 156. I'll keep the #31.

Both cars are running about the same lap times, but the Fly just feels more, ummm, durable for a proxy race. Besides, I'm told that variety is the spice of life.

Thanks Mitch

Comment

You've got a Fly lapping as quick as a Slot.it? Not bad.

I'll update the entry list.

Tonight we're racing our DTM class on one of the tracks that will be used for the proxy. I'll take some photos of the cars and post lap times so you can compare cars. I'll have my NSR chassied cars there as well as the Spirit Peugeot and most of the other guys have Slot.it Alfas.

Comment

It's part of Fly's "Racing" series with a pod. A guy in our group has the BMW sedan that regularly out runs Slot It 956 & 962s. Who'd of ever thought?

Comment

At our club racing on Wednesday night there were 4 x Slot.it Alfas, 2 x SCX Audi's with Scale Auto chassis and my NSR chassis'd Calibra. Fastest cars were the two Audi's but the Alfas weren't far behind. My Calibra was .4 sec per lap off the pace.

Looks like I've got a bit of work ahead of me.

Comment

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'm going to have time to do anything besides blueprint and tune. Do please update my entry to a Alpha 155 #26.

Comment

You've got a few months until the car has to get here but the Slot.it Alfas are proving to be the cars to beat. Last week on Nev's track the 3 top cars were Alfas, then a SCX Audi running a Scaleauto chassis. Next were 2 more Alfas then my Spirit Peugeot 406.

Fastest Alfa was 6.724, Audi was 6.876, Peugeot 7.083.

Comment

Working...
                                X