X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Racer
    started a topic SCITCC Rules 2017/18

SCITCC Rules 2017/18

This proxy is a continuation of the one run a few years ago. The rules have been updated to allow new cars to enter and also allow modifications to old cars to make sure they are competitive.

Rule Number One:

Any modification not specifically detailed below needs to be discussed. I am easily bribed by chocolate and vanilla slices.

1. Body/Chassis

1.1: Any Injection molded or resin bodied car from the approved list that is marketed as a 1/32 scale Ready-to-Run (RTR) slot car. No vacuum formed or blow molded bodies.

Approved List: (It’s an old list, let me know what needs to be added)

Alfa 156 GTA

Alfa 155
    Audi A4 DTM
    Audi TT DTM
    BMW 3 or 4 Series

Fiat Punto
    Ford Focus
    Ford Falcon
    Holden Commodore
    Honda Accord
    Honda Civic Type-R
    Hyundai Accent
    Mercedes C-class DTM
    Mercedes CLK DTM
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
    Opel Astra
    Opel Vectra
    Opel V8 DTM Coupe

Opel Calibra
    Peugeot 406 Coupe and silhouette

Renault Clio
    Renault Megane
    SEAT Leon
    Subaru Imprezza WRX STI
    Volvo S60R

VW Passat

1.2: Chassis -
    No restrictions. You want to fit a 3D chassis to your Hyundai and you think it goes well then here’s your chance to prove it. You want to try brass? It’s not an easy task to build one light enough to suit the motor and still have a chance to win the proxy but could be done. What about a hybrid chassis? Go for it. My Scalex Calibra with NSR Mosler chassis is good competition for the Slot.it Alfas I race against.

Body screws should be taped or covered in bluetak to prevent loss. External body parts - mirrors, wipers, wings - though desirable are not required.

1.3: Guide may not project beyond the body as viewed from directly above. Tracks will be routed wood or Scalextric Sport so if you're running a deep guide make sure it works on the Sports tracks which are 6 mm deep.

1.4: Cars must have sufficient ground clearance to permit free running without contacting track. Cars which drag on the track may be excluded at the track owners’ discretion.

1.5: Clear window material must be used where the real car has clear material.

1.6: Racing numbers must be visible in three places on body. Racing numbers must match. Bodies may be painted in fantasy or realistic liveries. Non-decorated cars (for example plain white kits) are not allowed. Duplicate numbers are allowed but if everyone enters the red #7 Slot.it Alfa 155 I’m going to be reaching for the spray can.

1.7: Headlights and tail lights are required, but are not required to actually illuminate.

1.8: Interior must include, at minimum, dashboard top, driver, steering wheel and shelf under the rear window. If vacuum formed, must be of reasonable detail and proportion. Champion style and paper drivers are not permitted.

1.9:
    No weight limits. Max width 68mm.

2. Wheels and Tires

2.1: Tires may not project beyond the body when the car is at rest on a level track, as viewed from directly above.

2.2: Reasonable scale appearing inserts are required in all wheels, unless the wheels have scale appearance and detail. Blank disc wheels must be covered with inserts.

2.3: Wheels must look like they were used on the 1:1 car. No F1 rims or 12 mm (dia) wheels unless the original car raced with small wheels.

2.4: Front tire diameter must be within 2mm of rear tire diameter.

2.5: Minimum front tire width is 8mm. Front tires may be profiled so that a narrower area contacts the track, but must otherwise be full width.

2.6: Tires may be of any rubber or urethane compound. Silicon tires are expressly forbidden. Tires must appear to be black. Clear finish may be applied to front tire tread area. No chemical treatment (such as oil soaking) is permitted. To make sure no-one uses tire treatments the rear tires will be checked and any found to be less than 18 shore (softness rating) will need to be replaced at the owner’s expense. Slot.it F22’s are 22 shore.

3. Motors

3.1: Any commercially available sealed-can FC-130 slot car motor that produces less than 23.5K rpm at 12 Volts is allowed. FK-180 are allowed but limited to 21.5K rpm. No rewinds or "mod motors" allowed.

3.2: Magnetic down force from motor may not exceed 30 grams as checked with a Magnet Marshal, exclusive of car weight.

3.3: Motor can be glued/taped/screwed in place. Pods can be taped or glued to restrict movement.

4. Modifications

4.1: Any part of the car may be replaced by any manufacturer’s parts. All wheel drive may be used only if the actual car used it.

4.2: Weight/ballast can be added but must be contained on the inside of the car.

4.3: Spring and magnetic suspension packages are allowed.

4.4: No traction magnets allowed.

4.5: Bushings and motor can be glued into place.

5. Vehicle Identification

5.1: Entrant’s name and body screw adjustment information should be affixed to the underside of the chassis in a readable manner.
    Last edited by Sports Racer; 07-08-2017, 04:28 AM.

• Sports Racer
    replied
    Why would you want to be part of the most interesting, most informative, best run proxy in the world?

Leave a comment:

• redlynr
    replied
    I have no idea how I missed this. Next season!

Leave a comment:

• bov
    replied
    Hard to imagine a SCITCC proxy without having a #22 to chase around...

Cheers, Tony.

Leave a comment:

• kidvoltage
    replied
    My car and AJK's car left yesterday and are on the way.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch58
    replied
    Hey Rico, why don't you just send in your Fly BMW, it seems ready, then I won't have to follow it around the track for a year or so.

Leave a comment:

• cgyracer
    replied
    Absolutely please send the car...no objection here! More cars the better!

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Sports Racer
    replied
    You have to send it.

Please.

I'm sure no-one will object to it being sent late.

Leave a comment:

• reek455
    replied
    You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille

Paul,

I really wanted to get my car done in time to send for the proxy but my life lately has been a lot like a bad Country & Western song. In the last 2 months I've had a broken elbow, serious vehicle troubles, my house almost burnt down and I lost my job of 23 years so playing with toy cars has kind of taken a back seat. I have my Carrera Scramble car I could send but I was working on a hybrid special just for the proxy. Let me know if I should try to finish it in the next few days or just bow out gracefully.

Regards
    Rico

Leave a comment:

• Sports Racer
    replied
    All cars should be in the post now.

Let me know if you're having a problem. There will be a penalty but nothing too severe. Probably 1 point deducted for every day not posted.

Cheers

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Sports Racer
    replied
    Got Peter Gunn and Jimmyslots Opel Calibras. Only 19 more cars to come.

I'll post photos as the cars are received and a spec sheet after 18 September (when all the cars have to be posted) so no-one can complain about someone else copying their setup.

Can't wait to start racing them.

Leave a comment:

• Mitch58
    replied
    Car #31 an Alfa 156 is on it's way from Portland Oregon USA.

Leave a comment:

• Sports Racer
    replied
    There's a lot of paid entries without the forum name so I don't know who to mark as paid. Check the first page and if you've paid but aren't marked as paid let me know.

Thanks

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Sports Racer
    replied
    Reminder - 2 weeks to get your car built.

Leave a comment:

• Sports Racer
    replied
    Address PM'd

Cheers

Paul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X