Round 2 - 24 October 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 2 - 24 October 2018

Round 2 will be this Wednesday night at Alvaro's.

The lap record last year was 5.869 set by Radarek and distance was 88.164 laps. We broke the lap record in round 1 on Andrew's track but not the distance record. Can we do both on Wednesday night?

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by Sports Racer; 10-22-2018, 06:31 PM.

The race was run last night and I'll post up the results tonight. Right now I'v got to drive 700 k's to pick up my daughter's scooter from Uni.

I forgot to take a photo of all the cars in their finishing order but I do know that the magic man from Canada is back and he may have missed the first round but that's only to give us mere mortals a chance.

And yes, he smashed the lap record and the distance record. The only car that could match him was one built by the track owner to proxy rules but it's not an entrant in this years proxy so doesn't get counted in the points.

Gas was 2nd and I think Lez was 3rd.

Videos to come as well.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by Sports Racer; 10-24-2018, 05:07 PM.

Comment

YHR had a problem with the crown gear, had to fix it a couple of times. ALS car had no brakes on this track, made it "interesting" to drive and Jimmy's had no traction.

The rest drove well but there's one corner on Alvaro's track that is tight and slightly off camber. Most cars had to do this corner slowly or come off but the few that could be driven quickly through this part of the track got much better laps.

I'll email the race spreadsheet to Bov so he can update the scoresheet and you can track how your car went in each heat.

Videos to come.

Cheers

Paul

Comment

Hi All,

Round 2 Score sheet attached - in a couple of different formats..... (none of which make my car perform any better.....)

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

YHR in the red lane, ALS in yellow, Curef in green

https://youtu.be/vOYI8CXmxdc

Charles in red, Alexis in yellow, Jimmy in green

https://youtu.be/g5BKD-9g_oA

CJ in red, Bov in yellow, Sports in green

https://youtu.be/3ldeOKf8Z7A

Brumos in red, Peter Gunn in yellow, Aloha in green

https://youtu.be/u-Tm_fMsps4

Lez in red, Gas in yellow, Leadfoot in green

https://youtu.be/FG5T3Ij_xc0

Radarek in the red lane, Lance in yellow, Alvaro in green

https://youtu.be/vKkQ2BRDPuk
          Last edited by Sports Racer; 10-26-2018, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Very happy with my car, it got caught up in some race incidents maybe a lap or two there....
            As I said before the proxy kicked off was to keep the Radarek honest....
            Third fastest lap time I can work with that!!

Congrats podium getters

Rossko

Comment

look at all cars

deleted
              Last edited by Lancelotalove; 10-26-2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Racer View Post
                YHR in the red lane, ALS in yellow, Curef in green
                AWESOME VIDEO

one some comment: i was on red and not on green!

Comment

Hello all

I have finally get back access to the forum....

Thanks Paul and Alvaro and gang there for another round.

I see more cars broke last year record and even more came close. Half the field below or right on 6 sec lap. And this track seems difficult. Congrats to Rossko and Lez for podium finish. Lance' car looks solid as well. We all did a step up from past year. Great work

All the best.

Regards
                  Darius aka radarek

Comment

Great video wow live that better than words. Congratulations to the Podium Thanks Adrian ALS

Comment

Thanks for the run. Will be very curious to get that car back. It was stuck like it was on rails during testing. I was told it had to much grip in the first race. Now this race the back end looks like I coated the rear tires in nail polish. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Comment

I found the yellow dogs temperamental on a rubbered up track as I just ran 36 nascars on my track,
                        It was only until I cleaned my track & the tyres ....

Comment

Paul, thanks for the qualifying, video and the run. Alvaro thank you for hosting the round and we have some work to do with you competing next year. Looking forward to the new challenge. Congratulations to the podium builders and good luck to the others in the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by cj74 View Post
                            Thanks for the run. Will be very curious to get that car back. It was stuck like it was on rails during testing. I was told it had to much grip in the first race. Now this race the back end looks like I coated the rear tires in nail polish. Doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

None of our tracks are painted with the same type of paint so you're going to have different grip levels depending how you've set up your car. The next round will be on Ferrodore which is slightly abrasive but is great for grip and for trueing tyres. It's like driving on 3000 grade sandpaper.

Comment

Working...
                            X