• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race done. Results coming today...

Comment

Results must be close

Comment

It was close, really close...

attached is the picture of the track. Brand new construction. 5 lanes, 113ft+, monster power supply 40A, track mate system with race coordinator. Flat latex paint sprayed. 16” elevation change. Braided
        Last edited by Radarek; 03-25-2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

We had a good time running this round of the proxy. All cars performed well except one which suffered due to lack of weight. No nothing happened to the car, it just didn't finish in place it deserved it.
          We ran proxy on 3 inside lanes. Cars were moved to another lane, same spot and after last heat partial laps were noted. All i can say, pleasure to drive, battle to the last corner. Very enjoyable proxy. I have added 3 first letters of the name or nick name as we had multiple numbers. Also there were some ties, were broken down by system based on average lap. Here are the results:

#66 Als 42.1 laps
          #51 Cha 42.9 laps
          #8 Ale 44.1 laps
          #5 Cur 44.6 laps
          #3 Bru 45.7 laps 11.769
          #20 Bar 45.7 laps 11.537
          #10 Alo 45.8 laps
          #111 Pet 45.9 laps
          #17 SpR 46.2 laps
          #46 Lea 46.4 laps
          #21 Jim 46.7 laps
          #17 CJ 47.2 laps
          #3 Lez 47.7 laps
          #9 Bov 48.5 laps
          #50 Lan 48.9 laps
          #16 Gas 49.7 laps 10.731
          #27 Rad 49.7 laps 10.529

Comment

Next round will be held very soon, more info to come

Comment

Thanks for finally getting this proxy back on the road Radarek. Well done. Will look forward to some more photos if you managed to take. After such a long break look forward to some quick rounds.

A photo of track would also be good.

Note comment about motor power. Had two reasons for Shark 20. First we run standard Scaly locally so did not want too quick. Secondly as basically still Scaly (windows and interior biggest change) I thought it might not handle much more power. Your comment, 2017-2018 and now 2018-2019
              I might try something more powerful if Touring Car proxy to be run again.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)

Comment

Originally posted by charlesx View Post

Note comment about motor power. Had two reasons for Shark 20. First we run standard Scaly locally so did not want too quick. Secondly as basically still Scaly (windows and interior biggest change) I thought it might not handle much more power. Your comment, 2017-2018 and now 2018-2019
                I might try something more powerful if Touring Car proxy to be run again.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
                hey Chas

your car had good handling/ balance, good gear ratio, acceleration/ breaking was there. The points to improve are quicker motor as your were the slowest one and gear mesh. Some cars were whisper quiet like Gas41, couldn’t hear it. Noise means friction equals lower speed...
                Last edited by Radarek; 03-26-2019, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks Radarek

I try to get my cars as Radarek said ; Super quiet

Im very happy with the results .......

Bring on the next Round

Rossko

Comment

Hi Radarek. Thanks for comments. Car is typical Scaly. Fairly noisy but have not managed to quiet down. Not really tried. Seems to be the Aussie V8's mainly as my Chevrolet Camaro and Audi R8 are fairly quiet despite usual Scaly parts. You may recall likes of Scaly Mini's are also very loud. Nothing to do with gear mesh. Just the chassis/body resonating. Look forward to next round.

Regards Chas Le Breton

Comment

Very close results and I'm happy to have finished in front of Peter Gunn.

Congratulations on the podiumites and good to see Rossko's car keeping you honest. Lets hope the tracks on your side of the world suit the Aussies.
                      Last edited by Sports Racer; 03-26-2019, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Will try to make some more pictures and maybe a video as well. Meanwhile this will be a second track we are going to use for the next round...
                        3 lanes, 90 feet, braided, flat latex paint and 4 feet elevation change...

Comment

Originally posted by GAS41T View Post
                          Thanks Radarek

I try to get my cars as Radarek said ; Super quiet

Im very happy with the results .......

Bring on the next Round

Rossko

Hey

all the drivers when they started to drive your car said one thing... wow.. also Lance #50 super easy to drive. Lez #3 one piece chassis, milled out from the lexan - huge step up from the last year entry- every corner builds confidence that you can push it more and more, Bov another car which was slicing through the traffic like through butter...

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks to all involved for putting on the round - congrats to the Podiumites...

Good to see things up and running again - a couple of Aussies towards the pointy end is never a bad thing......

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Thanks Radarek & helpers for the round,looks like the long break was just what my car needed or change in track surface.
                              Looking at the next round could you possibly crank the track power up to 15v my over weight Megane may struggle to get up the hill.

Cheers Jimmy

Comment

Jimmy

cars are going right on this track, that big zigzag on the right is what you climb. And then easy descent to the left. Next Race next Saturday...

Comment

Working...
                                X