Breaking News

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News

There will be a commemorative car for the 2018 Slot.it Shootout.

Alan has just informed me that Maurizio will help with providing a car for 2018.

Alan is swamped as his suffering aide Chris is recuperating in hospital after a major heart attack.

He will set up an entry when time allows, or you can paypal entry fees. 2018 shootout is $80.

Ouch....

Any thought been given to a 'Non Commemorative Car' entry fee?

Gotta be honest, an entry fee north of AUD108- makes one think twice about this. I do have a collection of 6 or so Shootout Commemorative Cars, 'Mint In Box' - having another one isn't as great a deal breaker either way for me these days...

I realize the cost of everything keeps going up - but perhaps the chances of getting full entries might be enhanced by offering options?

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

I'll mention it too Alan, was late last night when he let me know.

It's $106 Canadian - so not cheap....

May take a day or 2 for an answer with everything going on......

Comment

Getting the entry fee down a bit would be a good idea.

A suggestion might be to only have the commemorative cars awarded to the #1 finishers in both categories. Then maybe have lesser prizes (a motor, some tires, etc.) awarded to the #2 & #3 finishers in both categories. No prizes for the rest of the field. Or it could be limited to the overall #1 gets a car, #2 a motor, & #3 tires....or something along those lines.

While very much appreciated, the awarding of a car to all participants seemed a bit extravagant and somewhat took away from the top finishers...kind of like everyone getting a participation medal in T-ball.

Comment

Some valid points have been brought up here. Knowing Allan and his commitment to the hobby and level of detail he is driven by we can understand his desire to make the Proxy unique by offering a special Slot.it car as a prize for each qualifying participant.
          Surely cost is a concern for both Allan and the participants. Letís see what Slotbutton and he come up with.
          I am fine either way.
          Ps sorry to hear of the illness of his assistant.
          Aloha
          Dale

Comment

Giving something to everyone is a nice touch. It doesn't have to be a big item but something is great. I don't run many proxies but known that even if I suck I'll walk away with something is a nice touch.

While exchange rates suck it's hard to blame the proxies on high out of country rates. I entered a proxy in Europe where I wound up paying double what "locals" did but it was still fun. I just chalk it up to the cost of doing business.

Options for entry are a nice touch but in consideration of the non-commemorative car thought the fewer cars made the higher the cost of the cars made for the event so in the end the guys not wanting a car might make the cost to high for the guys wanting a car.

Comment

I agree with an option as there maybe some new participants who may not have a commemorative car or others who would love to have a Porsche (hint) SISO car.

Comment

Just for reference sake the $80 entrance fee is the same for the last 3 years(SISO's)

I'll bring up the points mentioned with Alan, however I believe the commitment has been made by Slot.it to keep things the way they are...

Comment

Cost will not change without a Event Car sorry.

This Event costs me every year, the Entry fee does not really cover packing, processing, postage and insurance costs.

The Event car is financed by my company ScaleRacing and Slot.it.

Sure I can cut the cost a little but still have to ship the cars around to tracks, and also return every car to their owners.

Plus many asked for an Event car so I have arranged this with Slot.it

We have not increased cost and postage has gone up considerably over the years of organizing and hosting the Slot.it Shootout.

The Shootout started at $75.00 many years ago, and today is still only $80.00 with a car that should have a Retail value well over $60.00.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.slotcarillustrated.com
                  www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Alan
                    Thank you for taking the time to update the facts.
                    I will fully support the event.
                    One thought if the field is soft of entries and a participant wants to enter a second car and not get a second commemorative car could there be a lower entry fee? you make up very nice plaques that could be given out. Just thinking of a way to better support the event and slot.it.
                    Please let us know what else you need.
                    Aloha
                    Dale

Comment

Originally posted by checkeredpenguin View Post
                      I don't run many proxies but known that even if I suck I'll walk away with something is a nice touch.

Hey Mr Penguin, I looked back thru the folks who have expressed a desire to enter the Shootout and maybe I missed your name...are you in? Hope so, we'd love to have you, and it appears that even if you "suck" (I sincerely doubt that), you'll walk away with a great Slotit car!

Cincyslots, how about you?

And Wet, quit pouting 'cause you didn't win last year...just get rid of that teal motor and build a real car and sign up!

Comment

Could look at it but shipping costs are still there.

We can look at it, but the costs of shipping will not change. Also I have already purchased the Event Cars from Slot.it now.

Would be sad if the Slot.it Shootout can not attract 12 Group C and 12 LMP cars, but prepared to visit on this if we have to.

Slot Cars Magazine should enter a car
                        Alan Smith
                        SCI Owner.
                        www.scaleracing.com
                        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Entry link added

Here is the entry link for EVO:
                          http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=9941

also Group C:
                          http://www.132slotcar.us/store/produ...oducts_id=9940
                          Alan Smith
                          SCI Owner.
                          www.scaleracing.com
                          www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Hi Alan,

Entry Fee for #20 Group C Pay Pal'd to you - order # 27315

Ready to rock again...

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Paid

Comment

Working...
                              X