Technical Inspection and Qualifying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical Inspection and Qualifying

Just to let everyone know. We did technical inspection and qualifying on Friday 27 July 2018.

I have pictures to upload and comments/times from qualifying.

As it turns out we have 17 entries in total 13 Group C and 4 LMP/GT1. I know we set it at 12 and12, but I see no point in returning 1 car when we have less than 24 entries.

I will post what I can in the next couple days.

I would like to suggest the idea of having points for each round, to determine the winner?
    Previously we have only used distance? Any thoughts on this? I'll leave discussion open until the first Round is run, which I hope will be next week.

I would be fine with a point system
    Aloha
    Dale

Comment

Points sounds great to me.....

Comment

Hi Darren,

As the lucky one who did the point scoring in the past, I can certainly vote for a simpler points system, rather than distance. There were occasions when establishing distance based data was problematic....

The method we used for the SCITCC was as simple and easy to understand as anything = there were 21 entrants; 1st got 21 points, last received 1 point and you drop your worst result.... Would've looked better if Radarek hadn't decided to dominate the whole series, but congrats to him....

So for the Shootout, I'd propose that the LMP's per round would be battling for 4 to 1 points; Group C battling for 13 to 1 points and again in both classes you drop your worst round (2 scoresheets, no overall winner - that'd be a bit tricky.....)

Just a thought....

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Points would be fine with me.

Wow, only 4 LMP entries! Well, at least I have a good chance of making the LMP podium.

Comment

Doesn't matter to me either way. Just glad to see the shootout is back up and running! I look forward to the schedule and comments on how the cars run.

But if you do decide on points, which is probably much easier for the scorekeeper, perhaps a few points difference for the top runners?

Maybe something like this?

Group C
            1st - 20
            2nd - 16
            3rd - 13
            4th - 10
            5th - 8
            6th - 6
            7th - 5
            8th - 4
            9th - 3
            10th - 2
            11th through 13th - 1

LMP
            1st - 5
            2nd - 3
            3rd - 2
            4th - 1

or same as Group C
            1st - 20
            2nd - 16
            3rd - 13
            4th - 10
            Last edited by JohnnySlots; 08-02-2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Points should be easy to separate Overall, Group C and LMP/GT1. Personally I think there should be a distinction of a couple points for the first 3 places.

If we had points based on overall and then separated them out to classes, we should get a winner for classes and overall. I am not in favour of dropping any races from the results, I think they should all count.

I have a lot of pictures to upload as well as move my daughter to Vancouver, so it will be next week before I can upload all the tech and qualifying.

I could post the times and comments in the meantime?

Comment

Hi Darren,

Yeah, posting results and comments would be appreciated, if you could manage it.....

Point scoring - how about points allocated per overall finishing position, those same points counting towards each class table as well:

- 23 points

- 19 points

- 16 points

4th - 14 points

5th - 13 points

6th - 12 points

and so on, each finishing position receiving one less point - down to 17th receiving 1 point....

So, an LMP winning a round receives 23 points, but if the next best LMP only finishes 5th and receives 13 points - I would say that's probably appropriate.....

Thoughts?

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

You get my vote Tony!

Comment

Scoring

Yes sir my vote is for this points system

Good job Bov

Dick (MD43 on cars)

Originally posted by bov View Post
                    Hi Darren,

Yeah, posting results and comments would be appreciated, if you could manage it.....

Point scoring - how about points allocated per overall finishing position, those same points counting towards each class table as well:

- 23 points

- 19 points

- 16 points

4th - 14 points

5th - 13 points

6th - 12 points

and so on, each finishing position receiving one less point - down to 17th receiving 1 point....

So, an LMP winning a round receives 23 points, but if the next best LMP only finishes 5th and receives 13 points - I would say that's probably appropriate.....

Thoughts?

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Plus 1point for pole qualifying

Comment

Good with me all races count towards total
                        Ok...let’s race
                        Aloha
                        Dale

Comment

How about a point per position, with lowest points win.
                          Example :
                          1st = 1 point
                          2nd = 2 points
                          3rd = 3 points , and so on.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by steeveew View Post
                            How about a point per position, with lowest points win.
                            Example :
                            1st = 1 point
                            2nd = 2 points
                            3rd = 3 points , and so on.

Steve
                            So a non finish DNF equals 0?

Comment

Times and comments

LMP/GT1
                              4. #34 - 7.851 Feels heavy, does not transition well from corner to corner.
                              3. #30 - 7.621 Great brakes, motor feels bound up.
                              2. #7 - 7.317 Solid handling up to the limit, then it gets squirly.
                              1. #27 - 7.240 Very stable car,easy to push hard.

Group C
                              13. #14 - 7.688 Loose back end and short gearing hold this one back.
                              12. #33 - 7.619 Handling doesn't inspire confidence, making it hard to get the most out of this car.
                              11. #20 - 7.588 No top end! Holds car back. Feels like something may be binding.
                              10. #54 - 7.573 Good acceleration and top end but wobbly rear end makes driving this car at the limit difficult.
                              9. #86 - 7.553 Lack of top end speed and average handling.
                              8. #27 - 7.483 Car has great brakes
                              7. #00 - 7.384 Feels planted, well behaved.
                              6. #1 - 7.226 Very nice handling car, very smooth transitions well.
                              5. #17 - 7.216 Nice car but runs out of legs at the top end.
                              4. #26 - 7.195 Quick car, hard to drive at the limit, good top end speed.
                              3. #29 - 7.165 Predictable handling, until the limit
                              2. #10 - 7.131 Smooth car, great traction in corners.
                              1. #7 - 7.052 Excellent car, well planted. Transitions very well from left to right.

All times set on the ScaleRacing Center 8 lane track.

Comment

Working...
                              X