Slot.it Shootout Host Tracks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot.it Shootout Host Tracks

These are the host tracks for the 2007 Slot.it Shootout Summer Series.
    I'll update and add the other three as the info is received.

Robert Livingston
    East New York Raceway
    construction: routed MDF/copper tape
    power: 13.6V/30A
    lane length: 18.6m
    longest straight: 4.9m
    hot lap time: sub 5s

B52RN
    The R.A.S.S. (Road Augusta Slot Speedway)
    61.87' long of Scaley Sport track with the longest straight about 9' long
    Dual standard Scaley wallwarts power and a Scaley lap timer/counter
    Best lap time was done by a magged Scaley F1 with PPRs at 4.9 sec
    My Nissan Calsonic for the first Shootout, the best time I did(no mag) was 6.9 sec.
    PPRs seem to do the best on this track.

Terry Noe
    Targa Track
    construction: routed MDF/copper tape
    power: 10V/22A
    lane length: avg. 91.33'
    longest straight: 11'
    hot lap time: sub 10s
    track host notes: Slot.it S1's, S2's and PPR's work great here. Ortmans work good too.
    Track record (Red lane) Nissan Clarion 21.5k SW, 78g, PPR's, 10.145 seconds

Supr2nr
    The Track is a 4 lane Scaley Sport 64 foot with all equal lanes.
    A MG adjustable 0-20 volts power supply.
    Prof Motor 2055 Cont on all four corners.
    Timing is done with Trakmate for windows,one 17" monitor on one side.A 19" Sony LCD on the other.
    Auto Power On/Off.
    This is a fast track to run.
    Track record for non mag set up is my Ninco ProRace Supra with a 5.234, ScaleAuto 25k longcan.
    Mag record is my Spirit Reynard Bone Stock cept for rear tires at 4.203.

Alan Smith
    132SlotCar

Sport Track

Windsor "American Raceways" Track
    80' lane length
    Magnabraid
    This Track runs on a 12 volt 50 amp power supply with timing by SRT.

WCR
    79' wood track,
    slot depth is 9/32",
    specklestone surface
    I run it at 14 volts, and use a PM2044.
    Supertires are probably quickest here, along with S1s, but Ortmanns can be great on this track.
    Lap record is 7.904 (Smokeio Audi AWD), any car that gets into the eights is well put together and balanced.

Last edited by Terry Noe; 08-14-2007, 09:58 AM.

A few added points on my East New York:

Lap length is 61 feet. Main straight is 16 feet, secondary pit straight is 12'.

Track record for dry-tire cars is now 4.703, by a Shoot-Out legal Sauber, Super Tires, stock 28:9 ratio, 25k V12/2b. Most Slot.It's do around 4.9. Any car which breaks into the 4.9's is considered very fast. Supertires develop a bit more grip than Ortmanns.

Track record for wet-tire cars is 4.381, by Dennis Gascarnut's Porsche 917/30, vac body, Slot.It 29k sidewinder or anglewinder, ratio around 3:1, brass multi-plate chassis. Foam rubber tires, wiped with Tiger Milk.

For the Shoot Out, only dry tires will be run.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Livingston View Post

What......no tire cleaning.....not even spit.....dirty track surface.....shipping....in and out of the box....Terry...no offense here but what gives??

Comment

Slot.it Shootout Summer Series

Mark,

Track record for wet-tire cars is 4.381, by Dennis Gascarnut's Porsche 917/30, vac body, Slot.It 29k sidewinder or anglewinder, ratio around 3:1, brass multi-plate chassis. Foam rubber tires, wiped with Tiger Milk.

I think Robert meant no Tigers Milk on the tires for the Shootout.
        Don't worry, my track will be spotless for the Shootout and all Shootout car tires will be cleaned with the same method. I just haven't decided as to which method I will use. I know the sillies and Ortmans REALLY get clean with lighter fluid and no residue is left behind like using tape.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Super2nr View Post
          What......no tire cleaning.....not even spit.....dirty track surface.....shipping....in and out of the box....Terry...no offense here but what gives??
          I will be cleaning all tires with sticky labels, before they run. These labels leave no residue on the tires or the track. The tires and track will be dry, no liquids or chemical treatments. If I get some tires submitted that are particularly loaded with gunk, which the labels will not get clean, they will be cleaned with mild Castile soap and water, which is proven to get silicone tires grease free. That is usually not necessary.

All types of tires will be cleaned this way, silicone, Ortmann and rubber tires.

Believe me, if the track were dirty the silicones would not stick as well as Ortmanns. But the track is clean, and silicone tires work better than Ortmanns on my track these days. Of the different brands of sillies, Super Tires work best.

Comment

Terry,
            Any idea yet if there will be any Classic tracks (or other shallow depth tracks) on the Shootout circuit?

Comment

I was just looking around for a complete list of Slot.it Shootout Tracks, but couldn't come up with it. Terry?

I'm pretty sure that Super2nr's Jus Twisted track in Colorado is hosting.

http://justwisted.com/

Not sure of his slot depth, I hope we don't have any of the really shallow plastic tracks in use for this series though.

Comment

Paul......I use Scaley Sport pal..................

Comment

tracks

I'm still awaiting track info/pics from Supr2nr and Alan. Alan mentioned running on all three of his tracks with one being Classic. Have to wait and see what he decides.

So what does that give us for tracks?
                  3-Sport
                  1-Classic
                  4-routed mdf

You know what we're missing? A freakin' drag strip!!!! How cool would that be? Talk about proxy racing outside the box!!!!

Terry

Comment

I like the idea of a drag strip, as one event in the series.

The Tour de France included hill climbs, rally stages, and races on closed-circuit road courses. Any GT car could enter. It was the only race I know of that combined so many elements. It makes sense to run a proxy race on a variety of types of track; a straight line speed run from a standing start makes sense to me, as one of the events. Why not?

Comment

A drag strip definitely appeals - could be wood (probably not very portable though) or plastic. We're running no-mag cars with relatively low-draw motors so with a couple power taps a wall wart could power the thing.

Let's see, 1,320' divided by 32 means we need 41.25' of track, plus the braking zone, maybe another 15' or so (I would be tempted to isolate it at the end of the run and maybe use a regular 9 volt battery hooked up to reverse the current flow to the motor).

Let's see if we can talk Alan into assembling this, maybe Scalextric USA would loan the necessary track being as they're the distributor for Slot.it ... imagine having two matched power supplies and a video camera so we could race 'em two at a time ...

Comment

drag strip could be 1/8 or 1/4 mile.

Terry

Comment

Could be. That's 20.625' plus runoff. Would need a timing system. By chance do any of the host tracks have a straight that long - and preferably with the lap counter at one end?

Comment

Without a 'chute?

The main straight at 132slotcar.us is at least 25' long... and it's 8 lanes...

Comment

Plastic and wood drag strips

One sheet of 1/2" mdf and you have a 1/8 mile drag strip with shut down area. Rip the mdf into four 12" wide sections 8' long. Use a table saw to cut 2 slots 4" apart leaving 4" gutters. 32' total drag strip length.

I'm going to build one! Maybe use it for the Shootout and RAA.

Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X