Slot.it Smack Talk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot.it Smack Talk

I must say the Slot.it 23k Blackcan is my favorite motor.
    Well guys, I spent the better part of today tuning a 962 with no real success. So I went back to my tried and true Rothmans 956 and redid a few things. Car weighs 68 grams with a SW 23k, PPR's and plastic wheels on all four corners. The Rothmans body has seen its better days, so I might end up using a Kenwood body with headlites added instead. I also have a white 956 kit body I could paint up too.
    Now for the good stuff.
    In the red lane of my targa track, the 956 turned a best lap of 10.234 seconds. Tomorrow I'll start adding weight and see what happens to the lap times. Car is consistently tipsy in two areas of my track and the rear end chatter a bit too. Weight in the nose and on the pod should fix that problem (worked for my RAA GT car anyway).
    Bring your best game boys because my entry is going to stom pass big time.

Terry

hey terry,
    i might suggest a nice pink and white color sceme for your white kit body. add a couple of japanese letters to it and ... oops, already have one of them in the field.
    that 23k motor is oh sooooo smooth. i have found it to be a little touchy when it comes to gear ratios. some combos work great but when it doesn't like a ratio it Realy dogs out. i'm sure robert can explain this, i just go by the seat of my pants so to speak. i've got a 23k in my raa gt and it glides.
    i thought you had a nissan you where also playing around with?

Comment

This is going to be easier than I thought, even ...

Well guys, I spent the better part of today tuning a 962 with no real success.
      That's kind of hard to understand, Terry! You have already had the chance to inspect and run my podium positioned 962 in your initial Slot.it Challenge - have you thought of maybe asking your wife for some tuning suggestions?

Comment

Meanwhile I am staring at a Sauber with the body off . . . nah, better leave well enough alone.

Comment

High noon shootout

i thought you had a nissan you where also playing around with?
          I do have a Nissan Clarion. The car is illegal for the Shootout b/c of a super light weight interior. Its entered in the RAA LMP class. That car is a rocket and currently holds the track record here at 10.14something.

I messed with my RTR Mercedes Kouros for a while, just to see "what if". Just adding PPR's brought the lap times down to 10.50's easy. Fun car to drive.

have you thought of maybe asking your wife for some tuning suggestions?
          Yeah right. I want to dominate the Shootout, not repaint my car pink. Oh wait! My bad, what color was your entry again?

Terry

Comment

Fox in the chicken coop

i think i put a chicken in with a fox by sending my car to robert so soon. handling characteristics are very much alike between the lancia and the mercedes. little does he know, I have a chip in it that will burn off just before the racing begins and really wake the car up, lol.

Comment

Don't get me started on your car. Mr. Fangio. I have already had extensive conversations with its internal chip via my eyeglasses frames, tooth fillings, and a nickel and a penny held in my mouth with plenty of salt in between (acts like a battery). So far, we have got the car to accelerate quickly, slide excessively in the corners, and fishtail down the straights. We are closing in on the best lap times set by my 1/24 Carrera Auto Union, with the stock 9.5k motor geared 2.5:1. No mean feat!

Comment

that lancia would always do that to me .....................when i ran it backwards lol.

Comment

Well, I did break the magic 5.0 barrier with your car. Your Lancia is now officially "fast" on my track. It is very smooth, I have to say.

Who's coming to East New York next?

Comment

Wow, the 5.0 second barrier! That's a fast car.....

Comment

I got some good smack last night, but it makes it hard to drive the car...

Comment

dogs in the fight

what cars are you guys (the other nineteen) prepping? no set-ups of course, but makes and liverys. wet's got pinky, robert another sauber(a guess), sounds like terry has a 956 he's working on (livery unknown so far), but what other dogs are entering the fight?

Comment

A yellow/black 956...painted by Mr. Noe himself.

Comment

I'm suddenly back to the drawing board ... just could not find a wheel/tire setup that was going to fit under the body of my Blaupunkt car with a sidewinder in it, even after buying some new parts yesterday.

The pressure is on, too, as I'm out of town from next Sunday so I have to get this thing finished and in the mail by the end of the week.

Comment

Well you'd better figure things out Mr. Coast.... no backing out now!

Comment

Working...
                              X