• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terry Noe View Post
    Jager 962? Did you mean 956?
    Oops...yep.

Comment

I'm gonna need more than helium for this series ...

Hey Robert, let me know when my car gets there, and whether it's in contravention of any rules eh? Probably you don't need to worry about the ENYR lap record, is what I'm thinking ...

Comment

Originally posted by B52RN View Post
        Well, I had to abandon my Clarion...just couldn't get the anglewinder setup to run to my liking. I'm going with the Jager 962 with a 21.5K, PPRs and about 82grams total wt. Gearing is taller (2.88) than I usually use because I tend to try and get fast times on my track, which is a road course type, so I didn't set any records in testing. I'm hoping it will perform better on the "speed" tracks...we'll see. Will be in the mail Monday.
        My track is a road course, AND a "speed" track! It was part of the Hutchinson River Parkway, and the Taconic Parkway, built for sustained cruising at 45-55 MPH in the 1930's:

See, even the real one had three slots.

Comment

Ok, my #21 Nissan is on it's way. Hope it does ok, it was stomping the moslers locally.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Noe View Post
            I think he is BS'ing us big time! A 12t Slot.it in-line pinion huh? I owned a V12/3 25k motor for a week. That motor was extreme overkill on my track. I couldn't gear it tall enough (using slot.it parts) to make it drivable so I traded it to Robert for a low reving 23k black can which is in my under-performing RAA GT Corvette. Gee thanks Rob. LOL!!!!!

I just finished painting my 956!! Tomorrow the track record will be broken!

Terry
            Tried the V12/3 25K in my Clarion Nissan, extreme overkill, sideways out of the turns halfway down the straights, and a handful to drive. It's now in my light mag sidewinder #22 Jag and it has enough reserve that I may get "torn down" again if I beat them too bad at our next event. The car dominated before I switched and is now .2 faster on Nomad's lazy 8 with the 25K and offset sidewinder. Anyway, the Nissan is going with the lowly 21.5K Orange can and some gearing recommendations from Terry. Should be pretty quick, hopefully dominate, but it's my first no-mag car so I'm expecting mid pack. PPR's, mag 17x10's and I think 12/34 offset sw pod. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Anyway, the Nissan is going with the lowly 21.5K Orange can and some gearing recommendations from Terry. Should be pretty quick, hopefully dominate, but it's my first no-mag car so I'm expecting mid pack. PPR's, mag 17x10's and I think 12/34 offset sw pod.
              Marc,
              Your combo sounds like a contender. All the Nissan's will be a serious threat no doubt. The SW Nissan's are very easy to drive here when geared 12/34 (no kidding) and have true tires. They don't seem to need much weight added either. Saleen Pete's Nissan with S1's ran a 10.113 in the red lane of the targa. This car has a SW early 25k, 12/34 and weighs 85 grams. It was b/c of his cars lap times, I totally rebuilt my 956. I rattled off a semi-sloppy 10.091 and a bunch of 10-teens for lap times. Comparing the two cars, the Nissan seems to handle the curves much better BUT the S1's seem to get slippery faster than the PPR's. Come race day, the track will be spotless so dirty tires won't be a problem.

Good luck,
              Terry

Comment

Seems as if the builders are pulling all the stops out for this series. I can't wait to see the specs on these cars.

Comment

Mine was sent out today. Should hit RL's by friday. Running all stock with S1's.

Comment

Working...
                  X