Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slot.it ShootOut 2012 rules Amended 05/02/2012.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, am I allowed to plane off the necessary driver appendages, or seat bottoms, or whatever, to reduce this particular stock interior to the required 20.5 gram necessary minimum weight?
    No grinding etc allowed, the latest interior was a cure for any of these issues supposedly?

Will remain to be seen if I can make an earlier submission date.
    Alan could always install them for you before tech?

Comment

• You are allowed to use a Stock interior as offered.

So you can update to the latest offering from Slot.it if required.

But you cannot use the updated interior and then use backdated parts that better suit your needs.

Use the existing interior or the offered by Slot.it updated interior.

Now off to check the rules.

( A quick reply.)

For instance, I understand that my Group C 956 KH body has to weigh 20.5 grams, and that I have to use a stock interior.
      So, am I allowed to plane off the necessary driver appendages, or seat bottoms, or whatever, to reduce this particular stock interior to the required 20.5 gram necessary minimum weight?
      OK if I am reading you right, you think you have to be at the Spec weight? This is the minimum weight allowed, not the actual weight allowed. You cannot be below the spec weight for the body being used.

Regarding sanding or removing appendages, this is not allowed. Use the interiors as supplied by Slot.it, do not mix and match parts, either use the interior that came with your car, or the complete upgrade interior if offered ( it is for the Porsche )
      Last edited by Scaleracing; 04-14-2012, 10:21 AM.
      Alan Smith
      SCI Owner.
      www.scaleracing.com
      www.slotcarillustrated.com
      www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
      www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• From the Rules thread

14.1 Group C must use stock or replacement full interior specific to the model entered.

2.9 Body Minimum weight Table:
        Porsche 956 LH 20.0 g.......Jaguar XJR12 20.0 g
        Porsche 956 KH 20.5 g.......Sauber C9 21.0 g
        Porsche 962 C 21.0 g.........Lancia LC 2 20.0 g
        Porsche 962 KH 18.5 g.......Mazda 787 B 19.0 g
        Jaguar XJR6/9 19.5 g..........Toyota 88 C 18.0 g

To clarify these are the rules in question.

14.1 says stock or replacement full interior.

2.9 says minimum body weight.
        Alan Smith
        SCI Owner.
        www.scaleracing.com
        www.slotcarillustrated.com
        www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
        www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• I wonder would they notice if I switched my Bob Wolleks's ...

Hey I just discovered something odd - the motor lead wires on the orange can I'll be using (I swiped it out of my Jagermeister 962KH) are shorter than 'normal' - not a problem as a stock inline setup, but the left side won't easily reach in sidewinder config.

I'm out of Slot.it bulk silicone wiring, but I do have some blue stuff that looks suspiciously like it came from a source in Connecticut (not, uh, 'Slot.it appearing' is what I'm saying) - can I use that or should I remove a longer lead wire from one of my other spare Slot.it motors?

Comment

• (not, uh, 'Slot.it appearing' is what I'm saying)

11 Wiring, Braids and Eyelets
            11.1 The power cables, braids and eyelets to hold the power cables should be Slot.It or Slot.It appearing.
            Think you answered yourself!

Comment

• Alan, I know it's a bit early. But, was wondering if you expect much change in the rules from 2012 to 2013. Got a couple week off at Christmas and wanted to start on a car.

Thanks Rusty

Comment

Working...
              X