Round 3 - Maxport II at Mini Grid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 3 - Maxport II at Mini Grid

I am told that the cars are heading across the country so with a little luck, this is our long weekend after all, they should arrive by weeks end. Once they do I'll post a picture of them in front of the store. (Done, see below)

The plan is for me to give them their minute of practice each some time next week, perhaps on the 30th. I will take notes of each car and post them as well as give them to the drivers on race day. Race day is scheduled for Sunday, June 3rd.

I'll keep everybody updated!

As a baseline my better Group C cars, in stock slot.it configuration, run in the 7.3 to 7.5 range at 11 volts ... at 12 they were only about 1/10th quicker. That was a solo run. 4 cars on track usually makes them slower. As such I won't post my practice times as race times will be slower.
    Last edited by JohnnySlots; 05-22-2012, 02:21 PM.

Car Screw Settings ..

can they be "re-checked" prior to a race....

Johnny.....I would like to have you check with "race-central" to ask if it's OK !! to recheck the screw settings for a car before it's run in a round...

Now before everybody its all giiggy in there replys or posts......it's a simple enough question as ALL of us have put considerable time and money in entering a car in this years SCI ShootOut and I don't think it's to much to ask if this can be done.....do you ????

Looking forward to your help in this.

Dick

Comment

Dick, I think if you check through the rules and guidelines etc, then you'll find that no track hosts or anybody else should be going anywhere near the cars with a screwdriver. If there are questions or concerns, then they should get discussed with the organizers right here in public, not via PM. That's how it is being run this year, and that's how it should be in my opinion.

Comment

Screwed........

As the rules are currently written and our expectations from the hosts, you can ask for all the screws to be checked or even have your car completely rebuilt using the same parts as long as you are prepared to take the 5 lap penalty?

The cars were assembled according to instructions after tech, so you either don't trust the Tech inspectors or will be asking each host to check your car?

The fewer people "screwing" with your car the better the chance it will stay as you set it up until the end of the Shootout.

The point of this is to let the hosts run the cars and not have to tune,tweak or set up each car. Unless there is a catastrophic failure!

Comment

Some points ...

1 - Unless instructed otherwise by an owner/builder, through the race control process, no tools will touch any car.

2 - Unless otherwise instructed by series organizers, I will check the "float" of the car in question and report, on this forum thread, what it feels like. (Tight, normal to most cars, loose, about to fall off, etc) This will he done by hand only.

3 - For scoring purposes is the info below correct as far as numbers, class and names go?

Car# - Class - Owner Moniker
          #1 - E - jscott
          #3 - E - sjw
          #4 - E - ALCOPA
          #5 - C - Turboman93
          #11 - E - Budslots
          #12 - E - slotbutton
          #14 - E - JohnnySlots
          #17 - C - steveeew
          #21 - C - nhdungeonracer
          #24 - E - TransIssues
          #26 - C - Maddick1943
          #27 - C - Kerry
          #34 - E - AUTORAMA
          #37 - E - boopiejones
          #49 - C - gambler49
          #51 - C - bov
          #52 - C - AJK
          #55 - C - B52RN
          #59 - C - The Professor
          #61 - E - Wet Coast Racer
          #66 - C - 6 monquispot
          #71 - E - ckouba
          #88 - C - Slotracer88
          #98 - C - timkoul
          Last edited by JohnnySlots; 05-27-2012, 04:26 PM. Reason: lineup changes

Comment

#71 is accurate.

Chris

Comment

#98 is correct

Comment

There is a much easier way...

Here is what I got from the spreadsheet attached to the statistics thread:

Comment

Cars have arrived!

I have only opened the boxes enough to see that it appears all cars are here safe and sound. (Only top row of 8 is visible without further dis-assembly of the well done packaging)

Too much else on my schedule this week to complete a thorough visual inspection of all cars .... that will happen Sunday as I watch the Monaco GP, Indy 500, and Coca Cola 600!

As previously mentioned, I will run the cars on track for their allotted minute each next week, likely on Wednesday, May 30th. I will file a brief report after that session.

Race day is Sunday, June 3rd.
                  Last edited by JohnnySlots; 05-22-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update! Might be fun to see a few more pictures of Mini Grid, too!

Comment

1 - Unless instructed otherwise by an owner/builder, through the race control process, no tools will touch any car.

2 - Unless otherwise instructed by series organizers, I will check the "float" of the car in question and report, on this forum thread, what it feels like. (Tight, normal to most cars, loose, about to fall off, etc) This will he done by hand only.
                      As long as the cars look okay that should be enough.

Any questions regarding any entrants cars need to go through Race Director and be made public.

These are great cars John, have fun with them.

Comment

So, with a few races on TV today, I managed to find time during yellows to take the cars out of their shipping container and give them a quick check.

All the cars looked good with 3 minor exceptions... (I'll take and post photos on Monday night)

#14 - JohnnySlots (Ya mine!) One mirror bent down and about to break - resolution - none, leave it!

#24 - TransIssues - Rear wing looks a little wonky. Seems fine at the base, and it isn't loose, but the wing itself looks warped as well as bent on one side. It doesn't appear to be in any danger of falling off or having an effect on performance. (Picture on Monday). I see no reason to suggest any repairs.

$49 - Gambler49 - One brush/braid is a mess. Looks like it got caught going backwards on a shag rug. (Picture on Monday) I can probably smooth it out by hand (do rules allow me to do that?), but if it was my car and I was racing it locally I'd replace it. (Interestingly enough you do have spare braids with your car)
                        Last edited by JohnnySlots; 05-27-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

A huge day of 1:1 racing, eh? There will be much to discuss in the next week once everybody has had the chance to see all the goings-on!

Johnny, you might want to look at this recent post from Alan, for guidance on procedures.

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                            Johnny, you might want to look at this recent post from Alan, for guidance on procedures.
                            I emailed Kerry and Darren too .... hope I'm following the right procedure

Cars will hit the track for 8 or 9 laps each on Wednesday. I will post notes after that. Race day is still next Sunday!

Comment

Ever the optimist, me ...

Looking forward to it - after my Suzuka success, feeling quite encouraged!

Comment

Working...
                              X