No announcement yet.

Round 3 - Maxport II at Mini Grid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the kind words folks ... but trust me, it was my pleasure to host the event.
    Last edited by JohnnySlots; 06-05-2012, 03:04 AM.

Comment

So that's it for the Maxport II race at Mini Grid (www.minigrid.com).

I had a blast putting it together and the drivers have all responded that they want to do it again, but with 1 caveat .... they want more cars next year ... they didn't get enough! (Okay, they also wished they could change lanes too.)

My only regret is that I didn't drive in the race. If I have the privilege of hosting next year I'll change that!

The cars are packed and will be handed over to Canada Post in a day or two.

I thank the organizers for allowing me to host.

Most importantly, thanks to Scott Maxwell and the wonderful folks at Mini Grid for allowing me to use their great facility to run the race.

A final farewell from Scott (aka Cameron on SCI) as he bids the cars goodbye ... at least until 2013?
      Last edited by JohnnySlots; 06-04-2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Okay, they also wished they could change lanes too.
        The easy way to arrange that is to run shorter heats, if you ran 1 minute heats the drivers could run in 2 other lanes? Might be an interesting concept to see which way gets a higher lap total.

Thanks to Scott for letting you host a round.

Comment

Thank You Johnnyslots and the Mini Grid folks for a great race and congratulations to all the Racers ! Jscot111

Comment

Originally posted by jscot111 View Post
            Thank You Johnnyslots and the Mini Grid folks for a great race and congratulations to all the Racers ! Jscot111
            Congrats on your perfect season to date! Your car is a great drive!

Comment

Johnny, thanks to you and the crew for the great run! You did an amazing job with the photos and race reports.

Comment

And the Maxport II 2012 Slot.it proxy race at Mini Grid is now officially done ... in other words, the cars are now in the hands of Canada Post on their way to New Hampshire.

Thanks all, it's been fun.

I wish all competitors and hosts the best for the remaining races. I look forward to reading about it all here on SCI!

Comment

Great round 3 from Mini Grid

Thanks to all who made this happen.

Now on to round 4.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.slotcarillustrated.com
                  www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

Now on to round 4.
                    Looking forward to getting them!!

Comment

Sorry for the delay...

Stats updated: http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...156#post635156

Good job, Johnny... thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X