Round 7 - boopiejones motorsport park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 7 - boopiejones motorsport park

the cars arrived here at BJMP. i'll be unboxing them tonight and giving all the cars a quick once over. they look very well packed, so i don't anticipate any shipping damage.

right now the plan is to run the race in two shifts:

race 1: tomorrow morning!!! we will have two or three guys drive all the cars. if two, each heat will be 3 minutes. if three guys, heats will be two minutes. grand total will be 6 minutes per car.

race 2: at a later date yet to be scheduled (but within two weeks), we will have two or three different guys run another set of heats. totalling another 6 minutes

so every car will be driven by every driver for the same amount of time. and each car will get a total of 12 minutes of track time.

sorry we had to break it up this way, but we all have A.D.D. so trust me you really wouldn't want us doing heats longer than 3 minutes...

Glad to hear the cars have arrived safe and sound. Looking forward to a great round of racing!

Comment

i ran each car for a one minute shake down. everything seems to be in running order. i recorded fastest lap times and comments:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Hd1UGRtcWhnRlE

Comment

Hey, you're pretty efficient mister!

Well done Transissues, Ckouba & JscotIII. Keep an eye on your mirrors ...

Comment

Thanks for the Q time!!

Wet,
          Red motored cars don't come with mirrors!

Cheers!
          Paul

Comment

Well that looks promising for a change

Looking forward to seeing how 2 lots of drivers impacts the results. Also be interesting if temperatures etc are the same, the best balanced easiest to drive cars should still rise to the top?

Comment

Originally posted by slotbutton View Post
              Well that looks promising for a change

Looking forward to seeing how 2 lots of drivers impacts the results. Also be interesting if temperatures etc are the same, the best balanced easiest to drive cars should still rise to the top?
              there was a low pressure system coming in from the northeast during one of your car's heats. sorry about that.

while we are running two lots of drivers, every driver will drive every car, so that won't impact the results at all. temperature shouldn't affect things either, as the track is indoors.

Comment

here are the results after 6 minutes of total track time. things may change slightly once we run the final 6 minutes, but so far...

1st transissues
                2nd ckouba
                3rd jscott111

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mpKaDhPaUE5bHc

Comment

Thanks ... 5th in practice, 4th so far halfway through. Looks jscott is comfortable in 3rd, so it's likely a battle to stay in 4th ahead of Gambler, boopie and wet who are only 6 feet apart!

Look forward to part II!

Comment

Sorry see only 2-lanes could be used. Hopefully you'll get a 3rd for part deux.
                    (Was it the outside lanes that you ran? And do you have any more pictures of the track?)

Boopiejones Raceway California
                    Routed Wood 3 lane

113ft

Comment

i qualified the cars in the middle lane. we ran the race in the two outside lanes, which is probably better for proxy racing because the cars have less chance of coming into contact with each other.

i thought i had some better pictures in my gallery, but i must have deleted them. i;ll try to take some pictures before the next race.

Comment

Any word on when part deux will take place?

Comment

part two is scheduled for this wednesday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by boopiejones View Post
                            part two is scheduled for this wednesday evening.
                            Good to hear. Hopefully my car will leave Johnny's in the dust - let's hear it for the left coast way of life, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Wet Coast Racer View Post
                              .... - let's hear it for the left coast way of life, eh?
                              "Raindrops keep fallin' on my head..........."

Comment

Working...
                              X