No announcement yet.

Round 7 - boopiejones motorsport park

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just me or did the Part 1 results fall off Google?

Cheers!
    Paul

Comment

I can't see data for the first 6 or 7 cars either.

Comment

it's probably because i had the spreadsheet open and was editing it as we raced... all done now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...PaUE5bHc#gid=0

congrats to the podiumites:

EVO:
        transissues
        ckouba
        jscotIII

Group C:
        gambler
        b52rn
        ajk

you may notice that there were less laps per heat tonight. that's because we had three racers and only ran 2 minute heats for a total of 6 minutes, whereas the last go around was two racers with 3 minute heats for a total of 6 minutes.
        Last edited by boopiejones; 08-16-2012, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Yay! Thanks for the strong run. Made up a few feet on jscotIII, but still thousands behind...

Chris

Comment

Thanks, Boopie - I'll take a 5th in Grp C

Congrats to the various Podiumites, and thanks to Boopie & team for putting on the event!

Any feedback on the various cars?

Cheers, Tony.

Comment

Thanks Boopie and Company for putting on the race!!!

Gotta love that Red, Orange, and Teal podium!!

Cheers!
              Paul

Comment

What? You let boopie pass me and claim 4th? That's it, you're all fired! Time to put Paul Tracy in the drivers seat!

Kidding, thanks for running the race and congrats to all.

Oh, and by the way, they may still say "eh" on the wet coast, but here in the big smoke we took that out of our vocabulary years ago ya know!

Comment

Originally posted by boopiejones View Post
                  congrats to the podiumites:

EVO:
                  transissues
                  ckouba
                  jscotIII

Group C:
                  gambler
                  b52rn
                  ajk

Outstanding! Many thanks to Mr. Jones & company for the great run and congrats to all the other podium sitters.

Comment

Congrats again to the fast guys.
                    Thanks to Boopie and the nor-cal gang for running this round.

Comment

^ What he said. ^

Wish I knew why my car always seems to be slipping so much from qualifying time to race distance accomplished.

Comment

Thanks Boopie and crew for putting on the race, and congratulations to the podium sitters!
                        Scott

Comment

some comments on the cars... many of the cars had a very similar feel, which is to be expected given that they are all from the same manufacturer. some notable cars/issues:

transissues' car is a rocket. from the time it exits the hairpin until the end of the straight in front of the driver stations (a distance of about 50 feet consisting of about 40 feet of straights and two very large corners) it will outpace most of the other cars by about 10 feet.

jscotIII's car feels like it has magnets hidden inside (my track is wood with magnetic primer). i actually held the car up to the side of my metal tool chest, expecting it to stick. it didn't.

when Steve and I raced our heats, Bov and Kerry were pitted against each other. Bov's car pulled away from Kerry on the straights, but Kerry caught up to Bov on the curves, especially the esses going up the hill behind the grandstands. if you could take the best features of each of their cars, i think you'd have a winner.

WCR's car drives really nice. but the front left tire does not touch the ground, the rear tires are different widths and it has a tendency to wheelie. When Steve and I were running this car, we had a couple instances where the car would suddenly wheelie under hard accelleration going up the hill after the hairpin, resulting in the car crashing into the grandstands at the top of the hill. because of this we had to baby the car in this section of track, which likely caused lap times to suffer slightly.

autorama's car has no traction. the shore 30 tires are just way too hard. they also look like they have possibly glazed over, which certainly isn't helping matters. might be time to install the replacement set that was included in the box, or give the existing tires a very vigorous sanding (i'm not sure if that's legal).

it seemed like some of the best handling cars had very wide front tires trued with very sharp edges, rather than a softer profiled edge. specifically, i noticed that jscotIII and WCR both had sharp edged fronts, and they were probably the two best handling cars (other than the WCR "wheelie into the grandstands" issue).
                          Last edited by boopiejones; 08-17-2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks to team BP. I'm very pleased at how the Lancia is starting to come into it's own.

Comment

Thanks for the excellent feedback Mike!

Comment

Updated Stats...

Finally got around to it: http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/po...156#post635156

Comment

Working...
                                X