This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B52RN View Post
    Money taped to the bottom sends a much clearer message!
    I don't think that's an approved Slot.it part

Comment

• Besides, those guys wouldn't know what a subliminal message was if it stood up and waved at them ...

Comment

• Working the Weight. I bought some slot.it weight from Alan for the competition 2 years ago, but have yet to use it. Didn't need it then, might now. However the weight came in a small pancaked oval shape and as hard as a hockey puck. Can someone tell me how to work it into shape and if there's a best glue or tape to attach it to the chassis?

I am assuming that slot.it weight is the only legal weight we can use too.

Comment

• Johnny,

I've had luck with working in a drop of oil to soften it up and then attaching with Shoe-Goo.

Comment

• Looking at the rules for Group C, how particular are they going to be about the ballast? The rules state that the discs and the putty can be used on the chassis. The discs, putty, AND the bar can go in "dedicated" recepticals on the pod. Does this mean that gluing weight, be it putty or disc or bar, to the top or sides of the motor would be illegal? Is adding weight to the body, other then under the cockpit to get it up to 18gm, also illegal?
            Last edited by Fumey; 10-27-2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• "Sorry couldn't edit the diagram"

Originally posted by slotbutton View Post
              It's a hypothetical, just covering my bases in case

Yes

Sorry couldn't edit the diagram - allowed tyres are any of the Slot.it rubber tyres that fit the PA43 wheel

No - if they are used they can be glued in place.
              A question on legal fronts in GR C Class. I realized original question was on the rear tires but I noticed that in that diagram no PT 07 listed for the fronts in GR C. Are they legal to use in that class ??

Dick

Comment

• Only the listed tires allowed in Group C

The tires are PT15, PT19 and PT1214
                Alan Smith
                SCI Owner.
                www.scaleracing.com
                www.slotcarillustrated.com
                www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• Weight a minute

Weight on motor is legal, but be sure this in no way glues the motor to the pod or chassis. Weight in body is clearly defined as under cockpit only.

Had question regarding pod clearance I trued 2 sets of N18 tires and am able to get over 2.2mm clearance. Do not true below this or will need tires replaced. My tires measured 19.45mm fully trued, and 19.85mm lightly trued.
                  If you cannot get clearance with N18 the F15 is a slightly taller tire to start.
                  Alan Smith
                  SCI Owner.
                  www.scaleracing.com
                  www.slotcarillustrated.com
                  www.facebook.com/scaleracingcenter
                  www.132slotcar.us

1-253-255-1807

Comment

• Front Tires

Originally posted by Scaleracing View Post
                    The tires are PT15, PT19 and PT1214
                    Alan

Thank you for your reply. I hope I don't have a problem why? my GR C #1 entry is the same car I used and qual in 2014. For this year I'm using this car with only changing the pinion to a 9 t and changing the car number to # 1.

I used in 2014 a PT 07 zero grip and I TOTALLY overlooked the rule section on front tires (me bad) and when reading the rule on rears which stated any Slot.it rubber tire as along as we can see Slot.it on them, Well having seen "any" I left the fronts alone. Now I'm hoping you will consider the use of the PT 07 as OK! as they are clearly mark Slot.it (and of course they are zero rubber as are PT 15's) AND some where you stated you could NOT edit the "rules sheet" which of course I totally understand so you could not add (the PT07's) to the list.

Actually the 07's put me at a slight disadvantage because as mounted they are 19mm OD vs an OD of 17mm (PT15)....

Having not heard any reply to my original post until yesterday (now I completely understand between sickness and business you have been VERY busy) this puts in bind as it's late and the car is tested and ready for shipping...

So I'm asking for the PT 07 to be legal.

Dick
                    Last edited by maddick1943; 12-08-2015, 08:50 AM. Reason: error typing

Comment

• thank you Mr Maddick1943, you saved me from a penalty on my rear tires as I sanded off the slot it nxx. Maybe Alan will give you a foot for helping others ��
                      Last edited by Brumos RSR; 12-08-2015, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• I'll let the PT07's in. Looked over the specs and considering the PT1214 is an S2, I can't think of a reason not to allow the PT07's.
                        Last edited by slotbutton; 12-08-2015, 07:20 PM. Reason: spellinh

Comment

• PT 07 front

Originally posted by slotbutton View Post
                          I'll let the PT07's in. Looked over the specs and considering the PT1214 is an S2, I can't think of a reason not to allow the PT07's.
                          Ok GREAT and thanks for your input. Looking forward to race(s).

Dick
                          Last edited by maddick1943; 12-08-2015, 08:27 PM. Reason: Typo error

Comment

Working...
                          X