Slot.it Shootout updated with prizes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slot.it Shootout updated with prizes

This is a single proxy race between Slot.it RTR slot cars on my targa track. The shootout will take place on November 15, 2006. Basically, any Slot.it RTR car can be modified with Slot.it parts.

My track is a three lane, mdf, routed track with 7/32 copper tape. Top coat is flat latex enamel. Slot is 1/8" x 9/32". Race voltage will be set at 10 volts on the Pyramid P/S. Controller is a PM 2048. Timing software is Trakmate and UR 3.0, with sensor harness used to activate timing software. Cars will be raced in the counter clockwise direction.

Race format: All cars will compete for total distance covered on all three lanes at three minutes/lane.
    Qualifying: Cars will be run in the yellow lane (fast lane) for 2 minutes to determine running order by fastest lap time.
    Prizes: Prizes will be awarded for 1-3 in the Shootout with a prize going to the low qualifier also.
    1st place - Slot.it "Silk Cut" Jaguar RTR slot car SICA07B
    2nd place - Slot.it 21.5k universal motor SIMX06
    3rd place - Slot.it 20x12 S1 silicone tires SIPT03
    Low Qualifier - Slot.it HRS Starter kit for in-line mabuchi style motors SICH01

Send cars to: Terry Noe
    1002 East 5th St. South
    Newton, Iowa 50208
    Entry fee will be only how much it costs to get your car here and back home to you. All prizes are donated by me.
    Information pertaining to the Slot.it Shootout will be posted here on SCI and here: http://terrys-targa-track.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions I can be reached by pm here or at [email protected].

Now, before you chassis carvers get excited, please take a look at the rules below.

Slot.it Shootout Rules

Car Rules:

Any Slot.it RTR slot car may be used. This includes the Ferrari 312 PB kit.

1. Body Rules:

1.) No modifications or alterations to the body or inside of the body allowed (i.e. sanding or grinding to lighten the body or enlarging wheel wells).

2.) No lightening of the stock interior (see rule #3).

3.) The interior pan may be clearanced only to eliminate interference of the inline boxer motor if applicable.

4.) Bodies must be removable to allow for inspection prior to race.
    5.) Body may be repainted.
    6.) Fantasy or actual liveries are permitted.

7.) Racing numbers are required.

8.) Car owners name and body/pod screw adjustment information on car underside is recommended.

2. Chassis

1.) Chassis main plate must be the same or an exact replacement Slot.it main plate originally equipped with the car when new.

2.) Chassis main plate must be one piece between the axles.

3.) Any Slot.it motor pod is permitted.

4.) Sanding of the motor pod and chassis main plate to allow for motor pod/body movement is permitted. No other modifications to chassis main plate or motor pod allowed.
    i.e. no modifying a chassis main plate to use an AW pod.

5.) Lead weight is allowed any where on top side of the chassis main plate.

6.) Reinforcing the guide post is permitted with the use of metal, PCB, or carbon fiber as long as fabrication does not exceed 1 (25mm) in any direction.

Another reason for this rule is to permit the reuse of a chassis that has had the guide holder broke.

7.) Any Slot.it guide is permitted.

8.) Aftermarket braid is permitted.

9.) Any gear ratio is permitted using Slot.it parts.

10.) Slot.it hollow axle is permitted.

11.) Slot.it magnetic suspension is permitted.

12.) No traction magnets allowed.

3. Motors

General motor rules.

1.) Any Slot.it motor is permitted.

2.) Slot.it motors can be run-in prior to race.

3.) No modifications to motors are permitted.

4.) Shortening of motor shaft(s) is permitted.

5.) Lead weight placed on top of motor is permitted.

4. Tires and wheels

1.) No tire compound restrictions, except tires must be black.

2.) Wheels and tires need to be appropriately sized for the car. No Slot.it F1 size rear wheels (scale 13-14 diameter), unless correct for the actual car.

3.) Tires must be completely under the body when viewed from above.

4.) Blank aluminum discs, or three slot discs, must be covered with a wheel insert.

5.) No traction enhancing compounds of any kind allowed on rear tires.

6.) Clear finger nail polish is permitted for the front tires.
    Last edited by Terry Noe; 11-20-2006, 09:38 PM. Reason: updates and corrections

Terry, this sounds cool! Count me in.

Comment

Noe Way?!? That sounds cool, count me in! What tires work best on your track?

Comment

Application of lead weight on or inside the body is not allowed.
        Why no weight inside the body?

Comment

Aww man, you mean I'm gonna have to buy a bunch more Slot-it stuff and a new car and tires and ................woo hoo!!!

Comment

See you at the store, Neil. Time for new shoes for the missus. (then, while she's distracted....)

Comment

its a weighty subject

That sounds cool, count me in! What tires work best on your track?
              Well, zero grips on the rear work really good here. I can't believe I just gave away the big secret.

I'm a slot.it guy so all I have is slot.it tires. In order of choice by me: S1's, P3's, standard rtr slot.it rubber tires with the "Goodyear" markings and P4's. I haven't a clue on Ortmans or any other brand of tire. Anyone care to send me a set for testing? Also send me a set of those slot.it S2's. Those might be the cinderella story here.

Why no weight inside the body?
              Incase there's confusion as to what "no weight inside the body" means. Its no weight placed on the underside/insides of the hood or any of the body panels.
              Truthfully, I don't think these cars are going to need any weight placed that high up in the body. My best performing car (Rothmans 956) has no weight in it. Tires will be more of a determining factor than weight placement on how well your car performs here.

Terry
              Last edited by Terry Noe; 08-01-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Terry, this race is a good idea.
                I am glad to see a return of the one-race proxy.

Rules look like you started with the GPR rules!

I can live with everything including the hollow axle option. My entry would be a Sauber C9 "presentation livery" with everything box stock but the rear tires, which are currently Jel Claws. And of course the car now has numbers. Car has had weight, but goes faster on my track without weight. I may put that hollow axle in yet. I also have a flexible plastic wing which may go on for the proxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Noe
                  Incase there's confusion as to what "no weight inside the body" means. Its no weight placed on the underside/insides of the hood or any of the body panels.
                  Truthfully, I don't think these cars are going to need any weight placed that high up in the body. My best performing car (Rothmans 956) has no weight in it. Tires will be more of a determining factor than weight placement on how well your car performs here.
                  I fully understand what you meant, I still don't understand why you would make such a rule. You are relatively inexperienced as a slot car racer, and no doubt having a variety of weight placements come through could teach you a few things (or make you shake your head). If I can't attach weight to the inside of the body I definitely won't be entering, though I only have the one Slot.it car, so I'm not sure if I want to send it away anyway.

Comment

Slot.it Shootout

Rules look like you started with the GPR rules!
                    With permission of course. I used bits and pieces of all rules available. I had alot of help with the rules from Van and Dave. There for a while I was emailing Van and Dave so much, I feared they would tag my emails as spam. I even made a small revision for Paul. I wonder if he'll notice it?

It will be neat to see how the different combo's in the same type of car compare. I even emailed Maurizio about this shootout. Wouldn't that be cool to have Mr.Slot.it himself send a car for competition.

Terry

Comment

Slot.it Shootout

If I can't attach weight to the inside of the body I definitely won't be entering, though I only have the one Slot.it car, so I'm not sure if I want to send it away anyway.
                      Milo, thats no excuse. If the RAA quit allowing green cars I'd still send one. It just wouldn't be green. Think of it this way, by having this rule it makes you and the other slot racers change your/their way of thinking/building a car. Think of it as a challenge.

The rule stands and I hope you'll send your car anyway.

Terry

Comment

Milo, Terry has a well thought out race, his experience as a slot car racer is totally irrelevant. He's the race organizer, he sets the rules, if you're not into what he's goin' for then look elsewhere for your proxy groove baby....

And I'm in...unsure what I'll be entering but I will be entering.

Comment

Well I'm in ... I think ... is it workable to get this year's 956 back at the end of the RAA 2006 series, rebuild it for RAA 2007, then send it to Iowa in accordance with both sets of rules?

This event would make a perfect test for next year's LMP car. I'm just thinking here, you know (hey it had to happen some time) ...

Comment

I'm just questioning his insanity is all.

Moving on now...

Comment

Oh, well ya got me there he's totally nuts!!!! And jeeze will he ever stop emailing me????
                              Or should I say banana's...

Comment

Working...
                              X